Dedicated 3rd Party Lens Discussion (Examples Updated)

My modded camera will. Not go back in a water proof housing. It rubs, I use my 3 black if I need the housing

i took the foam spacers off the door of the housing and added foam to the front around the lcd works fine for me

yep saw it thanks for the vid...would like your impression/comments on sharpness/distortion at 4K and weight of lens (gimbal balance) as youtube doesn't do a good job of that.

would also like to know where you purchased it and if there's pink corners that can be removed.

Also, does anyone remember if Peau did a black friday promo last year? Doubt I'lll be flying much until next spring..dont mind waiting.

Last edited:
Purchased on EBay
Yes the aftermarket lens profile removal that Peau offers can remove the pink
Overall the picture quality was about the same, if I had to give a nod it would be to the 3.97

looks like it used to be $60 but now fetches $130...might as well get Peau

do all your examples 4.35mm , 5.4mm etc all cover the full sensor of Hero4's 4k wide?

Hi, I have the original Xiaomi Yi action camera (Z22 serial number) and wanted a narrower field of view instead of the fisheye look, so I ordered this lens (4K LENS 4.35MM) because it has "Xiaomi Yi" listed in the description and I assumed it would work.

When it arrived, I installed it but can't get it to focus. I have it plugged into the TV via HDMI and the further I screw the lens in, the closer to focused it gets but then I hit the end of the threading so it seems like the lens is just too long.

Is there a way to make this work or should I just return the lens? Any suggestions for another replacement lens that has a tighter FOV for under $20? TIA

I recall reading that Peau replaces if your lens if you lose your Solo/Gopro in a crash ? is there a link to that post or some clarification.

Thanks.

I recall reading that Peau replaces if your lens if you lose your Solo/Gopro in a crash ? is there a link to that post or some clarification.

Thanks.

If you send Peau Productions a copy of the 3DR replacement authorization you may be eligible for a replacement lens and labor. Many people will send the replacement GoPro directly to Peau from 3DR to save on shipping. If you ever have a question please reach out to us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to help you out.

Anybody try out the PeauPro 87, 3.37mm lens? Considering this over the 3.97. PeauPro says it has better edge sharpness than the 3.97. It's not that much of a difference in FOV, and I actually like that it is slightly wider. They say it has no distortion, but I'm curious what peoples experience with this one has been. Thanks.

Reactions: erikgraham
This is a snapshot from video shot on my H4B with a 4K LENS 3.8mm lens.

vlcsnap-2017-03-08-21h43m03s119-png.5611

Reactions: pyrate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40