Welcome to 3DRPilots.com

1. andrew.baker.142

@LucianFlaitz is also trashing us on other posts.
    No wonder why he isn't getting the support he wants from this forum.

2. David Boulanger

Me also. I received some email's from him and was being very polite and trying to point him in the proper direction to help him. And then I got a some inappropriate language. This is after taking time out of my day to help. He needs to go. I'm sure I'll get something nasty from him now. Time to block him.

ChrisB likes this.
  3. David Boulanger

Just ignored him on my mail.

4. richnat

Yet you seem to have lots of time to respond to threads and send messages in an immature and foul mouthed manner?

In the end, the guy is a troll and I guess responding to him is only feeding the beast. Hopefully the moderators will catch up with this before too long.

#604 richnat, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2017
  5. kluulz

Aight, to get it a bit on track. I found this comparison video with the popular 3.97 vs normal lens on Hero 4 Black.

Does this comparison video do it justice? From what I see the extra lens removes the fisheye effect. And that's about it? Or am I not looking closely enough?

6. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Sorry about that... I have banned him and cleaned up the thread a bit. Please report this type of behavior as the rules apply to all parts of the forum including PM's. I appreciate those who did this time around. Keep in mind the 'ignore' button if someone gets out of hand. Go to the person's profile you want to ignore and you will find the button on their profile page. Click it and you will never see anything from them again.

Carry on. :)

7. Travelfox

Hey @AusTxChris, slightly related since I don't think this kind of filter (a Circular Polarizer) is used on a GoPro (only because you have to rotate the filter to get the right effect, and you can't really do that while flying) but shows what it can do to your images with and without. I posted it on my instagram:

Instagram post by Rikki • Jun 5, 2017 at 11:54pm UTC

I have a Neutral Density (ND) filter on my GoPro which cuts down the light and makes skies and waters a little darker but only use it when it's really bright out.

NightStorm likes this.
  8. Ralph E. Johnson

What year and make is the car? cool video

9. richnat

1965 Malibu SS (Chevrolet Chevelle). It has a 350hp/327ci (L79). See all about it here: Rich's 1965 Malibu SS RPO L79

10. B_Dawson

Pete, what does merging the 30 picture burst shot get you? I'm assuming this is a static shot, so wouldn't all 30 images be the same? Nice picture btw!

11. pyrate

nicely done

12. B_Dawson

Would anyone be interested in a group buy of the 3.8mm lens? I'm going to place an order at the end of the week so if anyone wants to get one to save on shipping let me know. The lens is $29.99 each plus $30 shipping will be split up between everyone. If you are interested message me and we can work out the details. Here is a link to the lens 1/2.3" 3.8mm 16Megapixel S Mount M12 Low-Distortion Board Lens for IMX117, Drone lens

13. David Boulanger

Possibly. Might give that a try in a hero 3+B I have and see if it is any good. Let me research a little.

14. rtbradstrum

15. SteveReno

Nicely done...

16. pyrate

I like the CPs better for aerial work, on the ground the NDS work better

17. Craig L. Johnson - USMC

I am sorry for not knowing, but what is this lens used for?

1/2.3" 3.8mm 16Megapixel S Mount M12 Low-Distortion Board Lens for IMX117, Drone lens

do you use it on the GO Pro Hero black?

18. detroit1

I just got the Yi 4K Camera and was thinking about the 3.37mm lens since the one that is on there now is wider than what I was hoping for
    How easy or difficult is it to install the 3.37 and get sharp near focus on this Camera?

I noticed the camera does not have hdmi out like the Sony model so it looks like I would have to use the camera screen to get it focused

drift likes this.