Dedicated 3rd Party Lens Discussion (Examples Updated)

Rich, your car video.... did you have an LCD bacpac on the Black4 at that time ?
I heard that tick-tick-tick static noise , which I also got from one of my LCD BacPac.
Its no issue if we fly our Black4 for Solo, but if you take it out on land use, that static sound is offensive.
If in a housing and I use underwater, the static noise gets louder due to lower ambient noise.

Rich, your car video.... did you have an LCD bacpac on the Black4 at that time ?
I heard that tick-tick-tick static noise , which I also got from one of my LCD BacPac.
Its no issue if we fly our Black4 for Solo, but if you take it out on land use, that static sound is offensive.
If in a housing and I use underwater, the static noise gets louder due to lower ambient noise.

Not the BacPac but I did have a PolarPro stereo microphone installed. It makes a little noise when also using wi-fi. No wi-fi and it is silent. I should have used my smaller remote microphone.

First day flight footage. Peaupro 87 3.37 Hero4 blk package from Peaupro.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Any County Rangers give you a hard time. I'm going to try flying next week at Clam Pass on the other side.

I finally found time to work on the focus of my 3.8mm lens. What I found was that my computer monitor isn't as good as I thought! The focus was already great and I was able to confirm that on my bigger TV. The pictures just don't look as good as they could or should because my main computer monitor is older and doesn't have the resolution the photos from the GP can provide.

I discovered a few months back to not trust computers on the microvibe thing
if you see a jitter in your video on your computer replay that few seconds several times
many times what you think is a gimbal jitter is actually a processing jitter

I've seen the jitters on my original 4k stuff but when I do my post and save it as 1080 it's gone. But my computers are not exactly the fasts things designed for video work. Looking to change that soon.

Ha! My computer is so old it struggles to play 1080 let alone anything bigger. The monitor is more modern, somewhat, but I need a whole new computer badly.

Does anyone have a comparison video? I've seen great 3DR cinematic footage, like this one from youtube:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is there a lens that won't make the middle of the lens feel like it's further away?
Do they make non fisheyed lenses for the GoPro?????

Where are the participants who make a minimum of effort to answer their own question, especially when the answer is right there in front of them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ChrisB
One of the advantages of a forum over say face book. The entire reason for the thread was to put it all in one place. Why get snippy with the folks who contributed rather than just read.

There are many very helpful people on this forum that have been helping others for years. Most will help those that at least try to help themselves before asking questions that have been answered many times.

If your phone is a limiting factor why not try using a computer with a bigger screen?

The search function works well and I have used it hundreds of time over the last two years to find useful information.

Reading the posts in a topic usually provide additional helpful information; more than a simple answer provides and rounds out one's knowledge of the Solo platform while helping one make a more informed decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: andrew.baker.142

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig