Dedicated 3rd Party Lens Discussion (Examples Updated)

No haven't done that yet. It's a pain having to send it to San Deigo, I thought I could live with it but this week I've gotten over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are not completely satisfied with a Peau installed lens I would contact them
great folks
and this lens should be awesome anything short and I would not settle

Actually the Gopro 4 Black / 5.4mm does fit the standard waterproof housing, etc. Peau Productions actually shipped the modded camera w 5.4mm lense in the standard waterproof housing. Makes sense since it gives added protection when shipping :)

I also have Back-Bone Ribcage Modded GoPro 4 Black. This will not fit into standard waterproof housing and will not fit into the Solo Gimbal (which really sucks).
Does the 5.4 lens touch the waterproof case when closed? I have held off using my waterproof case with either my 5.4mm lens GoPro or my 3.97mm GoPro because it LOOKS as though the waterproof case is touching the lenses when closed. I'm concerned about damaging the lenses (or the GoPro with the extra pressure).

What are your thoughts on that?

I have the 3.97 lens, it fits in the waterproof case just fine... it is quite tight, but I have not seen any scratches or damage on the surface of the lens.

that is just my opinion, but I use my gopro for 100 foot dives
aint taking no chances with that
Also I love my lens don't want to knock it off focus

"Fits in GoPro Waterproof Case? Yes (Pressure on Lens Will Cause it to Shift Focus, So Use Extended Backdoor)"

My 82d Peau H4B came shipped inside of the waterproof housing. After reading that document I called and was told that the statement applies to earlier GPs, and that the lens on the H4B does fit nicely with no pressure.

can only speak from experience.
I did a DIY with a 4.4 12mp lens and liked it
Sent mine to Peau for a 3.97 and pink fix and love it
for what its worth, you can get the pink fix for any camera online now days

Reactions: Brendon Baddiley
"Fits in GoPro Waterproof Case? Yes (Pressure on Lens Will Cause it to Shift Focus, So Use Extended Backdoor)"

The lens stick out past the surround. So any pressure is the front of the camera lens pressing against the case lens.

An extended back door may take the pressure off. But the extra space would seem to leave the camera free to shift forward and backwards vibrating the camera lens into contact with the case lens.

How is this a good solution?

One would need to put spacers or stops in the front half of the case to keep the camera body shifted back so that the camera body could not move forward enough to have the lens to lens contact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc