Have you peered into the controller to make sure it booted properly? You should see a red and green solid LED and an orange flashing LED otherwise the controller did not boot properly...

Yes I did and seems as you said, solid red & green and flashing orange.!

Also stop with the resetting of the solo and controller simply start up the controller make sure you see the 3 LED'S inside if not then that's your problem period.
Now start up the Solo and wait a minute for it to boot up then push a paper clip or something similar into the pairing hole, observe the small orange LED on the Solo it will slowly blink while trying to pair, give it up to 5 minutes to pair if not repeat the pairing process by simply pushing that paper clip into the pairing hole.

I did exactly as you said, but nothing.
the question here is that when turning Solo ON the orange LED automatically starts blinking slowly like once/sec is that a standard when you just bought it and get it out of the box?

Resetting has nothing to do with pairing, It could very well be the sd card but all one needs to do is check the led's from underneath the controller to tell if the computer booted properly no disassembly at all. And no its not a classic problem, it could be the sd card on the solo that's why I'm asking him to check the led's on controller first, I know from experience....problem is people ask for help and when its offered they just do whatever anyone tells em to do and not what they really need to do to "troubleshoot"

I went thru all YouTube videos trying to solve this issue before jumping here to ask for a solution.

What is the solo SDcard.!? Is it possible the solo SDcard issue.!? How can I solve this.!?

yes I hear you but my post was directed at skyhax telling the op to open up the controller and re-seat the sd card, no need to do this unless you peer into the vents on the controller and start checking led status, that's it. This is the first thing I do when testing to rule out the controller it could very well be the solo not booting properly as you stated.

So I see the OP did state in the first post the orange led was solid this would indicate a bad boot just like you stated, i missed that, but i was trying to help out rocker not the original poster

Ok if the controller is working fine, the mobile is connected to the controller and when launching the app its not detecting the solo.! Is it a solo wifi/SDcard? How can I solve that.!?

Hey man,
It seems that Just_Bruce was correct it is either the Solo WiFi or Antenna connection, it could also very well be a loose sd card one last thing try this>> Take the gimbal and/or gimbal bay door off of the solo see that button that says SSWT? Hold it in and reboot the solo continue to hold it in until the solo boots up and you hear a familiar tone<< This resets the PIXHAWK-2 its different from simply resetting solo, it sets the params to SOLO default.... now let it continue to boot and give it a few minutes wait until the LED'S turn to white front red rear...if it does not connect push in the pair button and wait it out. If this does not work you need to disassemble the solo and start checking for loose connections.

Last edited:
Hey man,
It seems that Just_Bruce was correct it is either the Solo WiFi or Antenna connection, it could also very well be a loose sd card one last thing try this>> Take the gimbal and/or gimbal bay door off of the solo see that button that says SSWT? Hold it in and reboot the solo continue to hold it in until the solo boots up and you hear a familiar tone<< This resets the PIXHAWK-2 its different from simply resetting solo, it sets the params to SOLO default.... now let it continue to boot and give it a few minutes wait until the LED'S turn to white front red rear...if it does not connect push in the pair button and wait it out. If this does not work you need to disassemble the solo and start checking for loose connections.

Thanks for the advise and effort trying to help here, i will do that ASAP and shall let you know the result.

One more question here, what is the SSWT button? i saw it earlier when installing the gimbal but didnt know what is it for.!

It resets the Pixhawk 2 parameters back to solo defaults

Didn't work out man..!! I'm really thinking it's the WIFI , I'm thinking if I replace the wifi card for both solo and controller to R11e-2HnD.! I'm not sure if there is anything else can be done.! Any other advise?

well that sucks, if you want to pry it open do some research first, I would check inside the solo maybe a loose connection? Before dumping more money on other components dont just guess at it and inspect whats wrong. Quick question when you reset the pixhawk by holding down the sswt button what tone did you hear?

"Hint its from a famous movie"

well that sucks, if you want to pry it open do some research first, I would check inside the solo maybe a loose connection? Before dumping more money on other components dont just guess at it and inspect whats wrong. Quick question when you reset the pixhawk by holding down the sswt button what tone did you hear?

"Hint its from a famous movie"

You might be right, I'll open it up and will have a look if all the connectors are tight and in place.

It's a mix tone, close to one you hear when you preset it..!! Can't describe that man

You might be right, I'll open it up and will have a look if all the connectors are tight and in place.

It's a mix tone, close to one you hear when you preset it..!! Can't describe that man
Its a play on close encounters of the third kind I think? anyway tear it down and inspect try an SD card re-seat first I guess? Good luck man worst case pick up an ebay special for 59 bucks shipped, some of these work right out of the box...

Reactions: andrew.baker.142
Its a play on close encounters of the third kind I think? anyway tear it down and inspect try an SD card re-seat first I guess? Good luck man worst case pick up an ebay special for 59 bucks shipped, some of these work right out of the box...

Haven't seen one for 59 shipped in a while. 69 or 79 seems more common these days. Still, an excellent price.

3 leds means sd card booted properly period no need to open and reseat

What if the Solo light stays solid orange. What does that mean? I have been trying to factory reset my Solo but the orange light stays solid

What am I doing wrong

Nevermind that his controller works the solo is not booting properly.....
The more I think about it the more I think it is disconnected antenna cables.

Try turning SOLO over and then hold the controller essentially touching SOLO's belly. Turn controller on, then turn on the bird. Does it connect?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc