Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here.
I'm a computer science PhD student from Italy.

I bought a Solo Drone when I was in US, some months ago. Now I'm in Italy and till this morning, my drone was fine. But since this afternoon, I'm having a big problem.

I tried to turn on the drone and controller to run some flight but my remote controller said "Waiting for Solo".
Good.
I read the official guide in order to pair again the drone and controller without success.
I'm able to do the factory reset to my drone, but I'm not able to do that to my controller.

When the remote controller is turned off, I'm trying to hold the Power and Fly buttons, but I can't see any screen "updating system" but only "Waiting for Solo".
I also tried several times to do this, but nothing is changed: "Waiting for Solo" is persisting every time.

In the past, I tried with success to factory reset either the controller or the drone... so I know the steps!
This time I'm not so lucky.

I also saw, in the back side of controller, inside it, three leds: one big red led alone, and other two "normal size" orange and green far from the red one just 1 in (more or less).
Above three, are not blinking, just static light.

Let me know please :)

Thanks in advance!
Bye

The solid orange would seem to indicate a problem with the SDcard, either seating or corruption.

As Bruce mentioned, try opening up the controller and reseating the micro SD card. It might have a little glue holding it in.
That should fix your problem.

As Bruce mentioned, try opening up the controller and reseating the micro SD card. It might have a little glue holding it in.
That should fix your problem.
I'll try... actually I opened the controller, just to see and then closed as soon as possible :)
I was a little bit scared!

I'll let you know.

If you can go on Utube and search for upgrading your solo wi card, you will find vid. on opening and replacing the wi card. it will show you step by step how to do it.

Hi all,
I'm very glad to inform you that yesterday night I've resolved my problem.
Thank you so much for the tips. It was fantastic.

So, I opened my controller and, as Thomannjf said, I found a video on YouTube in which I was able to search and find the SD card.
After that, once I removed the glue around the SD card and removed the screws, I removed/inserted the SD card and finally reassembled everything.

It worked a lot!

But I'm a little bit disappointed about the problem... I'm saying, is this a common problem? I've found unbelievable a such thing... why?
Anyway, those days in Italy is very warm, almost hot (30 °C - 86 °F) and my remote controller got a lot of "sun" :-D

Thank you again!
Bye!

Based on recent experience, I think the assemblers on certain batches glued the SDCard in WITHOUT clicking it into the retention system in the socke. This seems to allow just enough electrical contact to get the system out the door, whereafter the combined forces of vibration and thermal cycling work it OUT of contact.

Two separate cards were glued in the "eject" position for me. You can tell, there is about 1.5mm difference between locked and eject.

Just ran into the same problem with"waiting for solo". I have had about 10 flight on solo over about two weeks. One other time it would not find solo, but the next day it was fine. Can anybody tell me the name of the YouTube about opening the controller and locating the same card.

Reactions: Coastwise
I did not mention I the above msg that I tried to pair the controller and solo with no luck.

I should have mentioned above that I tried pairing the controller and solo with no luck.

The name of the the utube that shows the reseating of the controller sd card is " 3DR Solo bricked controller fix".

The name of the UTUBE vid is 3DR solo Wi-Fi CARD UPDATE. Have fun. If this does not solve it try delete solo so and download the app.

The solid orange would seem to indicate a problem with the SDcard, either seating or corruption.

Hi Bruce, I just opened my new solo out of the box, did all the start up steps and when trying to connect or pair the controller with solo it didn't happen, also tried to pair the controller with solo with no luck..followed 3dr solo website paring steps...again no luck.!!

Is there anything I can do here? Is it an SDcard issue here.!?

Thanks in advance

That question needs a bit more info. When you turn SOLO on, do the LEDs cycle green, then go off individually, then white front/red back? Does your tablet/phone recognize a Sololink_Default or other "Sololink" network when the controller is on?

Once we've established where in the process things are it will be much easier to help.

Exactly as you said, LEDs cycle green and go off individually then white front/red back.

My phone recognize the controller and connected with, and when launching the app it can't find the Solo.! I tried to reset the solo in many ways but nothing.!

That question needs a bit more info. When you turn SOLO on, do the LEDs cycle green, then go off individually, then white front/red back? Does your tablet/phone recognize a Sololink_Default or other "Sololink" network when the controller is on?

Once we've established where in the process things are it will be much easier to help.

Exactly as you said, LEDs cycle green and go off individually then white front/red back.

My phone recognize the controller and connected with but when launching the app it keeps searching for solo.! I also removed the app and installed it again with no luck. I also tried the below as it worked with somebody here, but it didn't work out.!!

1- Power off the units and close the Solo app
2- Perform a factory reset to the Solo and controller, make sure the orange light underneath the Solo blinks faster during the reset process.
- Factory Reset | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology
3- Once the units are reset connect to the Sololink but do not open the Solo app
4- Make sure the Orange light underneath the Solo is blinking slowly, if so, please perform the following:
- Please, press the pair button for 1 sec and look at the controller screen for the "detected new Solo" message
Once you see the message "detected new Solo perform the following: Press A, then B and hold both buttons down. Once the Controller vibrates, you can let go. Within 20 seconds, the Controller will show “Solo Paired."
5- Once the Solo and controller are paired, please, confirm the orange light underneath the Solo is solid now
6- Open the Solo app >> settings >> updates >> start the update
7 Once the update process finishes, please, restart the Solo app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc