Exactly as you said, LEDs cycle green and go off individually then white front/red back.

My phone recognize the controller and connected with but when launching the app it keeps searching for solo.! I also removed the app and installed it again with no luck. I also tried the below as it worked with somebody here, but it didn't work out.!!

1- Power off the units and close the Solo app
2- Perform a factory reset to the Solo and controller, make sure the orange light underneath the Solo blinks faster during the reset process.
- Factory Reset | 3DR - Drone & UAV Technology
3- Once the units are reset connect to the Sololink but do not open the Solo app
4- Make sure the Orange light underneath the Solo is blinking slowly, if so, please perform the following:
- Please, press the pair button for 1 sec and look at the controller screen for the "detected new Solo" message
Once you see the message "detected new Solo perform the following: Press A, then B and hold both buttons down. Once the Controller vibrates, you can let go. Within 20 seconds, the Controller will show “Solo Paired."
5- Once the Solo and controller are paired, please, confirm the orange light underneath the Solo is solid now
6- Open the Solo app >> settings >> updates >> start the update
7 Once the update process finishes, please, restart the Solo app

SO, do you have the orange LED in the hole next to the pair button? It sounds like SOLO itself doesn't have working WiFi.

SO, do you have the orange LED in the hole next to the pair button? It sounds like SOLO itself doesn't have working WiFi.

Yes, it starts blinking fast when doing the reset thing, I wait until it blinks once/sec, then I tried to pair at that stage and nothing.!

Any other solution here.!?

Only thing I can think of is checking the antenna connections inside SOLO. But it could make more sense to return for a replacement. SOLO should be trying to pair on its own after the reset, and if the controller isn't reacting it's either that SOLO isn't broadcasting or the signal SOLO is broadcasting is too weak.

How long are you holding the pair switch? And how long are you waiting for the pairing process to occur? Lastly, are the antennas on the controller down and out @ 120°?

Only thing I can think of is checking the antenna connections inside SOLO. But it could make more sense to return for a replacement. SOLO should be trying to pair on its own after the reset, and if the controller isn't reacting it's either that SOLO isn't broadcasting or the signal SOLO is broadcasting is too weak.

How long are you holding the pair switch? And how long are you waiting for the pairing process to occur? Lastly, are the antennas on the controller down and out @ 120°?

I tried pressing for 1 second and later for 3 second both didn't work, I usually wait until the LEDs fast blinking process is done and after that it blinks once in like 20/ and then once/sec and at that point I press the pair button. The antennas are down and as the guide says and 2 feet away from the solo.!

The thing is I know that 3dr is out of this business and returning it back might not have a chance for a replacement.. Well I know I will get my money back but I just liked this one really. And that's why I would prefer to find a solution and I hope I will reach somewhere.

How long you had yours? Is it working fine? is it a complicated drone?

Have you tried factory resetting the controller on its own? With the controller OFF, Press and hold power and FLY until the reset process begins.

Have you tried factory resetting the controller on its own? With the controller OFF, Press and hold power and FLY until the reset process begins.

Yes, with each time resetting the Solo I was resetting the controller. But nothing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also stop with the resetting of the solo and controller simply start up the controller make sure you see the 3 LED'S inside if not then that's your problem period.
Now start up the Solo and wait a minute for it to boot up then push a paper clip or something similar into the pairing hole, observe the small orange LED on the Solo it will slowly blink while trying to pair, give it up to 5 minutes to pair if not repeat the pairing process by simply pushing that paper clip into the pairing hole.

I read where he said pressing two reset buttons did nothing. That is the classic miroSD problem.

Resetting has nothing to do with pairing, It could very well be the sd card but all one needs to do is check the led's from underneath the controller to tell if the computer booted properly no disassembly at all. And no its not a classic problem, it could be the sd card on the solo that's why I'm asking him to check the led's on controller first, I know from experience....problem is people ask for help and when its offered they just do whatever anyone tells em to do and not what they really need to do to "troubleshoot"

Last edited:
Resetting has nothing to do with pairing, It could very well be the sd card but all one needs to do is check the led's from underneath the controller to tell if the computer booted properly no disassembly at all. And no its not a classic problem, it could be the sd card on the solo that's why I'm asking him to check the led's on controller first, I know from experience....problem is people ask for help and when its offered they just do whatever anyone tells em to do and not what they really need to do to "troubleshoot"

While I understand what you are saying, the poster seems to understand how to do all of these things, having taken the time to do research on his own before posting to this thread. The phone connects to the controller, which tells me the system has booted and is transceiving. I was working to determine where the breakdown was (I'm thinking Solo's WiFi card or antennas) but a reset of the controller is fast, easy, and occasionally kickstarts things. It was a last ditch before opening Solo type of thing.

While I understand what you are saying, the poster seems to understand how to do all of these things, having taken the time to do research on his own before posting to this thread. The phone connects to the controller, which tells me the system has booted and is transceiving. I was working to determine where the breakdown was (I'm thinking Solo's WiFi card or antennas) but a reset of the controller is fast, easy, and occasionally kickstarts things. It was a last ditch before opening Solo type of thing.
I never said to open solo did he state he checked the controller leds? And the wifi will transmit while the imx will not boot properly all i asked was check the freaking leds in controller so simple a test

Last edited:
You did not say to open it, and I didn't mean to imply that you had. I was saying my suggestion was a last effort before i suggested opening Solo.

And yes, the WiFi signal will be present before the IMX.6 is completely thru booting, but in my experience it won't connect to a tablet or phone until it is completely done booting.

I think I phrased the previous response poorly. Wasn't attempting to impune your methods or post. Just trying to explain mine for anyone who might stumble on the thread later.

Reactions: XevetS
You did not say to open it, and I didn't mean to imply that you had. I was saying my suggestion was a last effort before i suggested opening Solo.

And yes, the WiFi signal will be present before the IMX.6 is completely thru booting, but in my experience it won't connect to a tablet or phone until it is completely done booting.

I think I phrased the previous response poorly. Wasn't attempting to impune your methods or post. Just trying to explain mine for anyone who might stumble on the thread later.
yes I hear you but my post was directed at skyhax telling the op to open up the controller and re-seat the sd card, no need to do this unless you peer into the vents on the controller and start checking led status, that's it. This is the first thing I do when testing to rule out the controller it could very well be the solo not booting properly as you stated.

So I see the OP did state in the first post the orange led was solid this would indicate a bad boot just like you stated, i missed that, but i was trying to help out rocker not the original poster

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela