Reaction score
I've had a bug when using cable cam mode since the new update twice now. Thought I'd see if anyone else has had this error. Using a Samsung galaxy S6 with solo and gimbal.

I am getting an issue where the app seems to be stuck in cable cam mode layout. I can fly the solo regularly after this issue and the remote displays the correct fly mode however the app will stay in the cable cam layout. And each time I change modes on the remote with either fly button or my button B preset "fly: manual" it will change however in the app the screen displays "cable cam"

I can select some of the menu options in regard to cable cam however once I change modes all buttons on my phone screen become unresponsive. The only solution I have found is to land and reboot the solo.

The first time it happened I was loading a previous cable. The app asked me to fly to the blue circle, as I've done before. I flew to the blue circle and pressed load cable. The solo started to flash red lights and beep while gaining altitude, much like the return home feature. Then it suddenly stopped and the lights went back to normal. The solo was just hovering there so I tried to fly back down to the proper height for the cable cam. I tried to press load cable again and thats when I realized that the app was not responding. No buttons on my phone who do anything, the solo seemed to be stuck in cable cam mode. I pressed fly to get out of cable cam mode and as mentioned the screen stayed on cable cam but the remote displayed "fly mode".

The second time this happened to me was yesterday mid cable. I had set a cable and was flying it in reverse when solo suddenly stopped and began flashing red, beeping and gaining elevation again. Again, it only did this for a moment then stopped. And again same symptoms until a reboot.

Has anyone else had this happen? I will be sending an email to 3DR with regards to the issue as well.

Issue with MPCC

few here had an issue with MPCC when it got simply stuck between some points and never completed the cable. but other than that in my case all buttons and the app were responding normally, your issue seems to be more complex.

Issue with MPCC

few here had an issue with MPCC when it got simply stuck between some points and never completed the cable. but other than that in my case all buttons and the app were responding normally, your issue seems to be more complex.

Thanks for the reply Pete,

Ya I had read through that thread and your correct the issue I had was a bit more complicated as the apps layout became trapped in MPCC mode. Ill post on that thread as well. Thanks

best way to correct it would be to just uninstall and reinstall the app is my guess
something is hung up

Back when Solo first came out, Android devices were notorious for crashes involving the Solo app. (Not Solo itself)

I still have "weird" things happen when using my Nexus 7 but haven't had any issues with my iPad mini.

Back when Solo first came out, Android devices were notorious for crashes involving the Solo app. (Not Solo itself)

I still have "weird" things happen when using my Nexus 7 but haven't had any issues with my iPad mini.
Interesting. I have always used a Nexus 7 and no crashes and no weird behavior. But it is set up as single use, Solo only. All non essential programs were removed.

Hi Guys been off the air for a while but have got Ver 2 downloaded and MPC is still the old two point Cable Cam, I amusing a Galaxy 8.4 and the same thing happens on a galaxy 6 phone, but on an Ipad its MPC anyone got any ideas? is the APP Crook for android?

Hi Guys been off the air for a while but have got Ver 2 downloaded and MPC is still the old two point Cable Cam, I amusing a Galaxy 8.4 and the same thing happens on a galaxy 6 phone, but on an Ipad its MPC anyone got any ideas? is the APP Crook for android?
That's strange. Maybe you need to reinstall the app. I've had no problems loading MPCC on my android (galaxy s6)

I've had an issue where I can map multiple points with the A button. At my last point I press B and it drops into FLY Manual. My tablet is still mapping MPCC points, but the controller is not. I have my B button set to FLY Manual. Seems I cannot set the final point for the Cable Cam??

Andy are you using an Android or an IPad ? I got a feeling it's an Android problem, I am fortunate enough to get my hands on an iPad mini and I don't seem to have the same issues I will have to get more tests done when the damm wind stops.

I had the same issue on a Nvidia shield yesterday, I removed and re-installed the solo app flew today with no problems

Andy are you using an Android or an IPad ? I got a feeling it's an Android problem, I am fortunate enough to get my hands on an iPad mini and I don't seem to have the same issues I will have to get more tests done when the damm wind stops.
John, Thanks for the feedback. As a matter of fact, I just changed to a Galaxy Tab A for the Tower app. I think I had the same problem on my iPhone 5S about 1.5 weeks ago. I will get back out and test some more with my iPhone just to be sure. I did run one MPCC with the Android today and it worked perfectly. I had to cut my flight short due to high winds. Thanks

Reactions: John hill
John, Thanks for the feedback. As a matter of fact, I just changed to a Galaxy Tab A for the Tower app. I think I had the same problem on my iPhone 5S about 1.5 weeks ago. I will get back out and test some more with my iPhone just to be sure. I did run one MPCC with the Android today and it worked perfectly. I had to cut my flight short due to high winds. Thanks
Ok Andy, thanks for that yes I am waiting for a southerly change to go through before I try again, but I can see a difference in cable cam from just opening the app the android still shows the original 2 point whereas the iPad shows the MPCC, so it's got to be an app problem or tablet is playing up its a galaxy tab S.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc