Agreed- I would like that capability. What channel does the “pause” button use?
The pause button's "hidden" RC control sets RC input 7 high and low. You can map that to anything in ArduCopter. The simplest is RC passthrough to the Servo7 output. But any of the RC7_x and SERVO7_x parameters can be set to do whatever.

In the stock 3DR firmware, single pressing the pause button does the pause/brake function and sets RC7 PWM to 1000. Long pressing the pause button sets RC7 PWM to 2000. In Open Solo, I made it so setting RC7 PWM low to 1000 uses a short hold of the pause button, which prevents the pause/brake and RC7 functionality from conflicting.

Ummm- what?? Can I make the pause button turn Brite Lite on & off?
If you brought PWM7 form the main board down to the accessory bay, and built some PWM control into your board, sure. But it will only work properly on Open Solo. On the stock 3DR firmware, the lights would turn off everytime you hit the pause/brake button in flight.

If you brought PWM7 form the main board down to the accessory bay, and built some PWM control into your board, sure. But it will only work properly on Open Solo. On the stock 3DR firmware, the lights would turn off everytime you hit the pause/brake button in flight.
Ahh- ok, I get it now.

Agreed- I would like that capability. What channel does the “pause” button use?
If I can get the Acc. Bay Super Board moved along it should be as easy as a python script. I'm currently struggling with some software libraries, but on my test computer the prototype boards I've strung together are already producing PWM and switching outputs on and off with almost zero load on the host CPU.

Hopefully more updates as I figure this out.

Reactions: DJMc and Maddog
**ATTENTION**
If you’re on the list please try to check your PM’s once a day or so. That way others on the list aren’t delayed in getting their order filled

Gracias!

The remaining list:

Blooter
Usmc86
Vhici4096
Irishmanpdx (2)
Ojet
Acroduster
Wmcc71
Tony Aussi
Fjrpilot
Macmiket
Johnhi30

If I missed you and haven’t already contacted you, or have the wrong quantity ordered, let me know.

Last edited:
The remaining list:

Blooter
Usmc86
Vhici4096
Irishmanpdx (2)
Ojet
Acroduster
Wmcc71
Tony Aussi
Fjrpilot
Macmiket

If I missed you and haven’t already contacted you, or have the wrong quantity ordered, let me know.
Update! I got my 2 brightlites and cant be happier. They have less weight then I thought and dont bother gimbal in any way.. I dont notice a big difference in flight time so that's a huge plus. .. maddog what size screws do I need to get because I only had one set of screws and need to get 4 more for second light? Screw threading and size would be great so I can get some spares.

Update! I got my 2 brightlites and cant be happier. They have less weight then I thought and dont bother gimbal in any way.. I dont notice a big difference in flight time so that's a huge plus. .. maddog what size screws do I need to get because I only had one set of screws and need to get 4 more for second light? Screw threading and size would be great so I can get some spares.
Sorry about that-I meant to send 10. They are M2.5 X 6mm long. I have found them at Home Depot but if that's not an option for you I can mail them to you. Let me know what you want to do.

Reactions: OnyFlyCookie
Sorry about that-I meant to send 10. They are M2.5 X 6mm long. I have found them at Home Depot but if that's not an option for you I can mail them to you. Let me know what you want to do.
Save your time and money :) the size is all I needed. I will find them locally. Thanks for speedy reply

The remaining list:

Blooter
Usmc86
Vhici4096
Irishmanpdx (2)
Ojet
Acroduster
Wmcc71
Tony Aussi
Fjrpilot
Macmiket

Uh... I'd still like another one if that's ok....?

Reactions: WMCC71
ATTENTION:
@Blooter and @USMC86. Your lites are ready for shipping. Blooter, check your PM's.
USMC86 I got an error message that said i cant start a conversation with you.
Just remit $106 via paypal (gift) to: [email protected]. I will need your name, shipping and email addresses. Will ship as soon as payment is received. Thanks again guys!

***PLEASE READ***
I’m experiencing “issues” with people ordering but not paying. I purchased parts based on the number of orders so until I get caught up building new ones, anyone who wants a set will need to pay in advance.

$106 for one set, $204 for 2 (can fit 2 in one box).
Please remit via PayPal (send as “gift” so I don’t get stuck paying the PayPal fee) to: [email protected].
I will need your name, shipping and email addresses.

You can send me a PM or include it on your PayPal invoice.

I will use the existing list to fill orders actually received.

Last edited:
***PLEASE READ***
I’m experiencing “issues” with people ordering but not paying. I purchased parts based on the number of orders so until I get caught up building new ones, anyone who wants a set will need to pay in advance.

$106 for one set, $204 for 2 (can fit 2 in one box).
Please remit via PayPal (gift) to: [email protected].
I will need your name, shipping and email addresses.

You can send me a PM or include it on your PayPal invoice.

I will use the existing list to fill orders actually received.
I still want a set... That's for sure! [emoji4]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44