Maddog will you by any chance be rebuilding batterys in the future useing old BMS with same size cells to make it simple and reliable without any new mods if old ones get sent in? I cant solder if my life depended on it. Shakey hands you see. If anything can you point me in the right direction to someone who might be interested in the near future?. I know this isnt the place to ask but you have earned everyone trust and I would like to hear your recommendation since your word is good as gold.
Thanks for the kind words. I don’t have any plans to do so but it has been talked about quite a bit. As far as I know, nobody has been able to source the cells inside the case. Until then nothing can be done, not to mention the difficulty in opening them.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
buy the batteries and get the warranty-
2 year- $5.99
3 years- $8.99
B&H will have to attempt to keep you flying for 3 years or refund your warranty cost
I didnt know warranty was offered!!!! that is one awsome deal. They are old stock so question is how will they replace a faulty one once stock runs out?. Hopefully someone makes a replacement cells to reuse BMS or new extended aftermarket batterys in the next 3 years.. one can only hope :))

Or you can just make a new battery using different cells without a BMS.... you will however need a stop watch to keep track of how long you've been flying..... :p

UPDATE:
Got some parts in (and time) and started working on 2 replacements for failed units that were returned.

Don’t have enough parts in yet to finish any more but I should start shipping in about 2 weeks or less.

New price will only be $106 and that includes shipping anywhere CONUS via priority mail.

I will contact those on my list via PM in the order I received their request when ready to ship to see if still interested. I will include all payment information (PayPal) at that time

Shipping outside the US is generally about $35 US. Folks outside the US, send me a PM and I’ll see what we can work out with shipping.

Freakin SWEET! [I'm at the end of the list but very excited to have the BL System back!]

UPDATE:
Got some parts in (and time) and started working on 2 replacements for failed units that were returned.

Don’t have enough parts in yet to finish any more but I should start shipping in about 2 weeks or less.

New price will only be $106 and that includes shipping anywhere CONUS via priority mail.

I will contact those on my list via PM in the order I received their request when ready to ship to see if still interested. I will include all payment information (PayPal) at that time

Shipping outside the US is generally about $35 US. Folks outside the US, send me a PM and I’ll see what we can work out with shipping.
That's awesome! I can Not wait... Thanks, Maddog. I really do appreciate your time and effort that you are putting into these lighting systems.

Reactions: Maddog
**FLASH**

The replacement units have gone out and 2 more will ship tomorrow to fill orders on the list pending receipt of funds. I may be able to get 2 more out by Wednesday.

I’m running ahead of schedule- hope it lasts.:cool:

Reactions: OnyFlyCookie
**FLASH**

The replacement units have gone out and 2 more will ship tomorrow to fill orders on the list pending receipt of funds. I may be able to get 2 more out by Wednesday.

I’m running ahead of schedule- hope it lasts.:cool:
Thanks maddog. This has made my day. You have no idea. Looking forword to my newest investment of fun and showboating. BrightLight FTW!!!!

So I thought I'd post a few quick pics here that show the difference between the stock LED's and Maddog's Brite Lite LED system. Trust me, these things are brilliantly bright! I actually have two other drones running the Polar Pro lights too. Those are ok but honestly nowhere near up to the standard of the Brite Lite System. If you're flying in a light grey sky with the drone facing you, the Polar Pro lights can actually make it more difficult to see your drone. This is why the strobe lights work so much better during the day time than a constantly on LED system.

I'll hopefully be posting some video clips soon.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Reactions: WMCC71 and Maddog
No, nothing except some changes to make assembly easier & faster. For example I switched to a different wire which is much easier to strip than the previous wire which had a braided shield that had to be removed.

Reactions: OnyFlyCookie
It's too bad 3DR was too cheap to put the PWM7 or PWM8 output into the accessory connector. You could have used PWM to remotely turn it on and off or change modes. Just to make it more complicated :)

Reactions: Maddog
It's too bad 3DR was too cheap to put the PWM7 or PWM8 output into the accessory connector. You could have used PWM to remotely turn it on and off or change modes. Just to make it more complicated :)
Agreed- I would like that capability. What channel does the “pause” button use?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig