I meant "your" strobe lights.... I will be in Vegas for two weeks, so if they are available, I will be able to complete transaction around the end of August.
In your thread you talk about surprised demand- I'm in no hurry, but saw Matt Lawrence's video-
AWESOME!

Reactions: Maddog
Just to reiterate: these things are the real deal! The integration is nice, but the effect is tremendous. From a pure pilot's point of view, they are fantastic because you can tell the orientation of the bird from much, much farther away. The aesthetics are a huge selling point as well - they look great in bright sun, but are stunning at dawn or dusk. People seem to be more receptive now that I have them as opposed to when I flew without them. I think they give Solo a more professional look and people are less likely to question it for some reason.

I also have a set and just can't say enough good things.

Maddog- maybe leave the pair hole just a tiny bit more exposed when 3D printing the case? I took a small drill bit to mine. Not that it was a big deal at all. Just an idea.

Just to reiterate: these things are the real deal! The integration is nice, but the effect is tremendous. From a pure pilot's point of view, they are fantastic because you can tell the orientation of the bird from much, much farther away. The aesthetics are a huge selling point as well - they look great in bright sun, but are stunning at dawn or dusk. People seem to be more receptive now that I have them as opposed to when I flew without them. I think they give Solo a more professional look and people are less likely to question it for some reason.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad they are helping you- I tried to make them as professional looking as I could and keep the price down. I wish I could lower the price but the parts are expensive and the assembly time is really long.

Reactions: Acroduster
I also have a set and just can't say enough good things.

Maddog- maybe leave the pair hole just a tiny bit more exposed when 3D printing the case? I took a small drill bit to mine. Not that it was a big deal at all. Just an idea.
Thanks- I'm glad you're happy with them.
I guess I really hadn't noticed it covering the pairing hole, but I'm going to make that change before printing any more- thanks for the heads-up!

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad they are helping you- I tried to make them as professional looking as I could and keep the price down. I wish I could lower the price but the parts are expensive and the assembly time is really long.

Lower the price? I think they're easily worth the quality and effect at $120, let alone $95.

This has been my experience too.

I've been contemplating moving the box into the ass end of the solo where there may be some room inside. At which point I would also re-route the wires completely inside the solo's body and arms. I want to stick my ADS-B receiver back there too.

They are $90+$5 shipping anywhere in CONUS.
I'm finishing up 2 more this weekend- should be ready to go Monday.

I'll PM you the payment information.
This is jtzxsix. Just wanted to make sure you received my payment for Brite Lite and my address. For some reason I can't PM you, it says not supported. Thank you.

This has been my experience too.

I've been contemplating moving the box into the ass end of the solo where there may be some room inside. At which point I would also re-route the wires completely inside the solo's body and arms. I want to stick my ADS-B receiver back there too.
Let me know it there's anything I can do to help you with that.

This is jtzxsix. Just wanted to make sure you received my payment for Brite Lite and my address. For some reason I can't PM you, it says not supported. Thank you.
If you're on Willow Lane, I got it and it's going out tomorrow.
I've never seen a "not supported" message so I don't know what's wrong.

If you're on Willow Lane, I got it and it's going out tomorrow.
I've never seen a "not supported" message so I don't know what's wrong.
That's correct and thank you. How can I track it or when about should I expect it?

Just got my Solo bundle from B&H !! ...after my bank account recovers I'm gonna purchase a set of these and the mRo GPS for my first two mods ! Nice work Maddog ![emoji1417]

Of all the modifications I've done to my Solo, this is still my favorite and by far the most useful.

I really wish I had a high quality video camera to show what the Solo looks like in the air with these lights. My phone really can't do it justice. It makes the Solo look so much more professional. It looks like a tool rather than a toy, and I think that has a huge impact on public perception. When people look up at it, they don't see a stereotypical flying toy that must be spying on them. They see a highly visible professional device that is obviously not sneaking up on anyone. Lots of people walk by the area where I fly in my neighborhood. I see their reactions and it's always positive, or at worst indifferent. Lots of people even ask if they can look at the screen and see it the scenery.

I can look up and immediately require visual contact with the solo rather than looking around trying to find the dot in the sky. And it is immediately obvious what it's orientation is at all times. I don't think I have ever had to stop and think "crap which way am I pointing" or ended up going the wrong way due to disorientation. And during the day, I don't even use the front nav lights. Just the strobes.

It also makes finding a crashed solo in the middle of the woods at dusk much easier. Just walk towards halo of flashing light. I generally suggest trying to avoid practicing this this though...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela