Brand New Solo $129 at B&H

Thank You Perspective.
Freebird- Third battery is on your Solo.

I am still missing backpack or substitute from my B&H order. There were only 2 solo batteries. The 3rd battery is a larger capacity battery for the controller in the accessories box. That's what I got and that was what was listed in the bundle/order. I'm jealous you got a Rev B. None of my birds had rev B boards when I picked them up.
In my other spares collected along the way I do have 2 rev B boards that I need to install, also have an mRo board to install. I agree with Saijin, the mRo I have in my first solo typically picks up 15-20 sats with an HDOP of around 0.7.
We'll, I received an email from B&H after I inquired about what came in the package. He told me 2x battery, separate from the on with solo. And he said I was getting the Lowepro and 3dr backpack. I'm trying to hold him to it [emoji38]

Reactions: Freefall
Freebird- Third battery is on your Solo.
They must have swapped some orders around when their inventory started getting holes in it. My listed order shows the items as 1 spare Solo battery and an extended controller battery in the accessories box. The Solo box came with only 1 battery. It's ok though, I've got lots of batteries.... ;)

9Franko9,

Some complain the Rev A takes longer to lock. Check out YouTube. It looks like you were having Christmas early in those pics. Haha. It sure felt like Christmas when I opened a huge box full of Solo accessories. It was like I was a kid again.

My orders came with 3DR backpack
( one had Lowepro Droneguard) a total of 3 Solo batteries- one on Solo and two additional batteries in a separate box, 8 boxes of replacement legs ( 2 in each box ), 2 boxes of LED covers ( 4 in each box), 2 Solo battery chargers ( one with Solo and one in box with accessories ), extended battery for controller, sun shade, screen shade, 2 boxes of propellers ( 2 in a box ) and 2 mobile holder devices ( one with Solo and an additional one in accessories box. Did anyone else receive different quantities of accessories? The battery is $40 and they are still selling them; you may be experiencing employee error. Brad Pitt- “ What was in the box? WHAT’S IN THE BOX??? - from the movie Seven. Was your packing list accurate as to what you received?

Mine was accurate, although I still have one tracking number coming tomorrow and it weighs 0.9 pounds. Oh the mystery.

Frank-
If they send you BOTH the 3DR backpack and Droneguard you will be a little better off than the third battery. B&H still has the Solo batteries for sale for $40- but if you have a sufficient supply, all is good. But just think about the future, batteries will become an issue.

Perspective- did you get your backpack or droneguard yet?

Freefall-
Keep your eyes open for 3 boxes per bundle,
Backpack or Lowepro
Solo
Accessories- ( this is the money box)
Thanks for the heads up. B&H, is slow to ship as I purchased the bundles on black Friday.
The B&H website was fast and furious on Black Friday
I just bought a refurbished solo off of eBay, for 179 and it flies great.
I did the cardboard mod on the GPS, it now acquires 11 satellites within minutes.

Reactions: tushayjf
Finally received my black Friday $159 Solo bundle! Had to wait till the wife went to the laundry room to unpack it all or she would've interrogated me as to why there's 3 large boxes and MORE drone parts in the living room. Anyway here's a breakdown of what was delivered.

3DR Backpack x1
Solo w/battery x1
Extra drone battery x1
Extra props x 4
Phone sun shade x1
Gopro hood x1
Solo LED covers x1 set of 4
Controller extended battery x1
Extra legs x8
Leg w/compass x1
Camera mount x1
Phone/tablet holder x1
Battery charger x1
Controller charger x1

No Lowepro case!

Last edited:
What's the advantage of the Rev B over A?
I'm not sure 3dr figured out the problem with revision a, which was the shielding on the receiver was causing problems. Revision B was supposed to fix it.

I'm not sure 3dr figured out the problem with revision a, which was the shielding on the receiver was causing problems. Revision B was supposed to fix it.

So if you have revision B you don't need to do that cardboard mod?

Perspective- did you get your backpack or droneguard yet?

USMC - Yeah I got the Droneguards, drones, and the box full of stuff. Went through everything and it matches the inventory list. Maybe they sent me a bonus backpack (fingers crossed) or something. It can't be much as it's not even a pound. We'll see.

How do I figure out which version A or B, mine came with?
All you need to do is take GPS shield off, no need to disassemble unless you are replacing the board. You can see the edge of the GPS board under the copper shield. If it is green it is Rev A. If it is black it is Rev B.
There are youtube videos showing how to take shield off and identifying board.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44