Brand New Solo $129 at B&H

I'm still waiting on my 3rd box (backpack) from UPS for my B&H deal ordered on the 24th. I saw on the news this morning that UPS reported they were overwhelmed by Black Friday (higher than expected/projected shipments). That would explain this tracking, I get a chuckle out of it. Shows out for delivery several times

Those are some crazy shipping updates. Maybe you'll receive it by Christmas?

Reactions: Freebird32
They still have the tablet holder for controller and camera attachment plate on backorder, is this the same for all you guys?

Haha, you guys may be closer to the truth than you think. I have to say, for all the stuff I've ever got shipped I can't remember any where it wasn't rectified or refunded when something went wrong. I've been ordering hobby stuff mail order since around 1978. I have faith, there is a package out there for me...somewhere.

I see B&H is still showing Solos sporadically in stock, but you can tell the supply is drying up. I would imagine 3DR held some back both for warranty replacements and for their Sitescan product sales. That is such a niche market. (small sales) I could see 3DR letting loose the last of their inventory after the bulk of the warranty requirements have passed.

They still have the tablet holder for controller and camera attachment plate on backorder, is this the same for all you guys?

What's the camera attachment plate you mentioned? I got everything from the order, but don't see anything like that? Are you talking about the sunshade?

I think it's the "Fixed Camera Mount Attachment Plate" that covers the gimbal bay when you don't have a gimbal. This (extra one) was included in my bundle order as well.

Maybe they gave the 3DR bundle only two batteries at a certain point-
or the supplies are running low?

I ordered the first night and here's what I got for $159.
  • Solo (box was open but Solo appears new).
  • 3DR backpack
  • Extra battery
  • 2 extra set of props
  • Extended battery for controller
  • Fixed camera mount
  • 1 replacement leg with compass
  • 4 replacement legs w/o compass
  • 4 LED covers
  • Tablet hood
  • Camera sunshade
  • Mobile holder for controller

View media item 725

Reactions: skyhax
  • 3DR backpack
  • Extra battery
  • 2 extra set of props
  • Fixed camera mount
  • 4 LED covers
  • Tablet hood
  • Camera sunshade

View media item 725

See, I got the extra battery (three total) but the darn dronegaurd backpack instead of the 3DR backpack. I'd rather have had one less battery and the good backpack lol.

Reactions: eaglefreedom101
See, I got the extra battery (three total) but the darn dronegaurd backpack instead of the 3DR backpack. I'd rather have had one less battery and the good backpack lol.
Same here. I also got 2 full sets of spare legs. I'll probably use the Droneguard for quick trips to the park, but I'd much rather have the backpack to keep it stored in rather than the "case" it came in. I'm nervous it won't survive very long.

• 3DR backpack
  • Extra battery
  • 2 extra set of props
  • Fixed camera mount
  • 4 LED covers
  • Tablet hood
  • Camera sunshade

That's exactly what I received.

Seems like there are a lot of variations. Here's my kit straight from the order confirmation (ordered on BF, I believe before they started selling out). Delivered last week.

3DR Solo Quadcopter (No Gimbal) (1)

3DR Smart Battery for Solo Quadcopter (1)

3DR Propeller Set for Solo Quadcopter (Pair, Black) (2)

3DR Charger for Solo Battery (1)

3DR Extended Battery for Solo Transmitter (1)

3DR Fixed Camera Mount Attachment Plate for Solo Quadcopter (1)

3DR Replacement Leg Set for Solo Quadcopter (Pair) (4)

3DR 3DR Solo Led Covers (Set Of 4) (1)

3DR Screen Hood for Select Smartphones (1)

3DR Camera Sunshade for Solo Gimbal (1)

3DR Mobile Device Holder for Solo Transmitter (1)

3DR Backpack for 3DR Solo Quadcopter (1)

3DR Replacement Leg with Compass for Solo Quadcopter (1)

The extra battery made up for the price difference of the Drone guard case. $40.

Those are some crazy shipping updates. Maybe you'll receive it by Christmas?
Still haven't received my 3rd box with the backpack ordered on 24th. I spoke with a live human being at UPS today. He agreed the shipping history looked crazy ("out for delivery" 3 times, "Destination scan" 5 times) I asked him if the destination scan was a physical scan of the box/label, he said yes. So if that is true the box has been here in town at the UPS facility for 8 days.

It may be 2018 before they stop kicking it around. When you call UPS you get a 'computer' assistant which merely reads the latest status and doesn't analyze the history to make any sense of it. You have to work hard on the phone to get to an actual human.

Maybe I can start a pool so we can pick dates as to when it might show up.

I told you that Rudolf would probably have to find it.

Hopefully they find it and deliver this week.

Meanwhile B&H sent me an email that the camera mount is not available and I need to call and workout a solution. Try to do that today. Maybe a set of props?

Still haven't received my 3rd box with the backpack ordered on 24th. I spoke with a live human being at UPS today. He agreed the shipping history looked crazy ("out for delivery" 3 times, "Destination scan" 5 times) I asked him if the destination scan was a physical scan of the box/label, he said yes. So if that is true the box has been here in town at the UPS facility for 8 days.

It may be 2018 before they stop kicking it around. When you call UPS you get a 'computer' assistant which merely reads the latest status and doesn't analyze the history to make any sense of it. You have to work hard on the phone to get to an actual human.

Maybe I can start a pool so we can pick dates as to when it might show up.
Sorry you haven't received your package but this gave me a chuckle.

If we're going to start taking bets...I'll say Dec 11th which is Monday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig