Brand New Solo $129 at B&H

Looks like the kit was changed. I bought one before posting and it came with the 3dr backpack. Here is the breakdown on my order. Even with the changes, it's a great price.View attachment 7342

I also got this before they changed it. I hope they stick to the original advertised item when ordered. Thanks for the screen print.

I bought the 130$ option can someone that already received the Solo send pictures to show how it came.

I had one in cart during shabbat. When shabbat ended my cart was suddenly empty. Boo.

I ordered the first day:) Said I was getting the backpack and a spare battery. I'd be happy with just the Solo.

I'll have to use the "why do you have so many shoes" defense when my wife asks;)

Solo # 4.

B&H website is saying Solo is on "back order." I'm curious since it's not in production anymore, where are they getting their replenishment from.

Someone must have some somewhere since 3DR is still selling their Site Scan drone (Solo with Sony cam). Maybe they set aside a limited quantity to keep that alive a bit longer?

Someone must have some somewhere since 3DR is still selling their Site Scan drone (Solo with Sony cam). Maybe they set aside a limited quantity to keep that alive a bit longer?

I think 3dr is moving towards the dji and allowing BH Photo, 4k4less, and others to sell until they are gone. If you look at the 3dr site they now integrate with Dji. Also 3dr is selling there stuff on Amazon. The end I'd near for new equipment... Just a theory though.

Reactions: tickingheart
One has to wonder why B&H offered these low-ball package deals if they knew they could replenish stock - except maybe for a Black Friday offering. I contend they're dumping stock through any means they can, After all, they're practically giving the Solo stuff away! Warranty and support is long gone from 3DR, and at some point, the fine print on both B&H and Amazon's site will read: Sold as is, no returns allowed, Solo (no gimbal), $69.

B&H does this at Christmas has nothing to do particularly with solo
I got a Zcam e1 that is black Friday on Amazon for 499, B&H had them for 199, next day 249 and today 299

BH photo now sells the solo for $249 and the bundle for $501.30. Glad I bought mine. Something tells me they are getting ready for Cyber Monday.

I ordered the $129 at B&H but it came back ordered, but they would notify me when available, l got notice it's available now but at $249. They will not get my business again.

Hi guys,

New to the 3dr Solo. I've had smaller drones and thought I would take the leap at this price. I can see that I have a lot to learn with this drone. I contacted B&H because I ordered the kit and they kept changing the items. I asked them what was included and here is their response:

Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

In the Box
Solo Quadcopter (No Gimbal)
Controller for Solo Quadcopter
Solo Flight Battery
Flight Battery Charger
Battery for Solo Transmitter
The Frame for HERO3 / HERO3+ / HERO4
Limited 1-Year Warranty
2 x Smart Battery for Solo Quadcopter
Lowepro - DroneGuard Kit
2 x Propeller Set for Solo Quadcopter (Pair, Black)
Charger for Solo Battery
2 x Extended Battery for Solo Transmitter
8 x Replacement Leg Set for Solo Quadcopter (Pair)
2 x 3DR Solo Led Covers (Set Of 4)
Screen Hood for Select Smartphones
Camera Sunshade for Solo Gimbal

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you, we appreciate your business.

Then I told them that my receipt said that I would be getting the 3dr backpack and they told me it was included as well. Looks like I'm getting the Lowepro kit and the 3dr backpack. That is a crazy great deal, one for the ages.

I have a question, can anybody recommend where I should start with upgrading this drone or am I okay with the stock software?

Can a Samsung Gear 360 gen 2 be attached to the 3DR?

Wow, lucky you getting both the backpack and Lowepro. Cross your fingers. I noticed when they were selling it toward the end of the sale it was described with a backpack but pictured with the lowepro.

As far as software, it will work fine with the stock solo app. You will need to update the solo and controller but it will walk you through that process. I am still using the 3dr solo app.

I recommend flying it just as it came, to start. I added the gps shield sold by 3dr on Amazon and then upgraded to the m8n GPS from mrobotics. This was not necessary but I wanted to make use of multiple gps networks. My second solo came with the Rev A GPS so I switched it to the Rev B.

Try it first and decide if you should upgrade.

Please read the manual before you fly. You will have to Google to find it.

I am pretty sure you can connect your Gear 360 but you won't be able to control it via the software like a GoPro. You may have to get creative to attach it to the solo, not sure though.

My order ended up being split between 3 different shipments; (1) the Solo, (2) the spare parts, and (3) the 3DR Case. I think for those getting the DroneGuard case, they are getting an extra battery since the DG carry thingy, sells for $39.95. Still an extra battery(if it's good) is a good deal. The DG 'carry all' is great for simple locations, but not so good for hiking, or a long distance trek. ;)

Reactions: E M

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44