Brand New Solo $129 at B&H

If I'm not mistaken... we should get TWO flight battery chargers in this deal?

that’s what it says- I’m thinking two batteries but only one charger- can’t wait to see what arrives

B&H sold out!!!! This forum single-handedly bought em up!!
Solo smiles for as far as the eyes can see! Wonder if the European Solo enthusiasts got any piece of this action....hopefully?.

Reactions: ImJohnDixon
I waited until I was officially a Solo owner before signing up and posting here. I've been lurking for a very long time, though. I took advantage of this deal and got the $159 bundle ordered. What's crazy is I ordered the $129 offer first because the bundle (with the 3DR backpack) was sold out. After clicking to submit the order I saw that the $159 deal was available again but it was with the carry bag so I ordered that and cancelled the first one.
CANNOT WAIT TO GET THIS!!!

This deal was posted on a website deal, so no wonder it is oos. Mine is back ordered as I waited too long to pull the trigger. Hopefully it will ship. I do not have a gimbal for it and I am unwilling to spend much on one. So, not too bad if I do not get this drone.

because you’re a genius! There is quite a bit in this package. I bought 5 last night and went back in this morning for number 6. Hey. It’s a smoking deal.

rompec’s thread came out, then the email dropped and craziness fell upon me- hey; last week two batteries were $100 ( $49.95 ea )
and today for an additional $60- you recd a Solo, backpack, legs, lenses, sun guard and an extended controller battery. What can I say, I can’t control myself.
HATS OFF TO ROMPEC FOR THE HEADS UP! Very much appreciated!!

Darn...this morning my order included the 3DR backpack. I just checked after reading these posts and B&H pulled a switcheroo on me. Now I'll be getting that funky pack pack instead. [emoji19]

Reactions: E M
The kit is still available, at least it was for me as of the time of this post. The kit (3DRSOLOGBK) has been going in and out of stock since early in the AM Nov 24.

Somewhere around 5-7 AM EST B&H changed the backpack in the kit from the original 3DR Solo backpack (B&H # 3DBP11A) to Lowepro DroneGuard Kit (B&H # LOLP36910).

Currently the website shows both of these items in stock. So I hope those that got in after midnight and before 7 AM, get the actual 3DR Backpack not the Lowepro. Hope B&H does not do a bait and switch.

Early orders seem to be in the process of being shipped. But it's Friday afternoon in NYC, and the Sabbath approaches. Things tend to stop at B&H after 1:00 PM on Fridays for religious reasons; back to work on Sunday. So we will see what happens after Sunday morning.

Happy Solo fire sale to one and all. Long live Solo!

Reactions: brianuc4
Brian- keep your eyes on B&H- those 3DR backpacks are going for $80- they will go on sale soon. Then post your carrying bag in classified section- someone will want to buy it! It is listed for $69.95 on Lowe’s website.

It’s been an awesome Solo acquisition day!!! Didn’t even have to put “ real clothes” on!

If you look earlier in the thread at the pic someone posted of the bundle with the 3DR backpack, there was only one spare battery listed. But in the bundle with the Lowepro backpack it lists 2x spare batteries. I placed an order in the mid-morning and got the bundle with the Lowepro backpack, the 2x spare batteries (for a total of 3 batteries), and the other items. I have no problem giving up the 3DR backpack for the spare battery, I'll muddle by with the Lowepro!

UPDATE- Oops! The pic I saw posted earlier didn't include how many were being shipped (it was cut off), so there may have been (and likely were) 2 spare batteries in that bundle... Still, like someone said earlier on the backpacks, even if they only offered a plastic bag this was still a great deal! LOL, sorry!

It'll be interesting to see what people actually get though, so once you start receiving your package post what you ordered vs. what you got so we can get an idea what to expect.

I'd have to say that this B+H deal is even better than the Phantom 1 I had ordered several years ago on close-out from them, or the Typhoon H Pro (w/ RealSense) I got last summer for $999 delivered (though that wasn't a close-out, just a flash sale by B+H).

But I've been hemmin' n hawin' over getting a 3DR Solo since the prices started dropping. I've been using APM and Pixhawk flight controllers in several of my builds for a few years now and found the Solo pretty attractive, except for the price and the proprietary batteries. But I sucked it up on the battery issue with the Typhoon H and the extra flight batteries in this Solo bundle is a good start, and B+H has certainly addressed the pricing issue to my satisfaction!

So I'm up here on the forum today to find out what the best tablet and ground station app to use with the Solo is (iPad Mini, or 8" Android 4.4.2 I use for Tower with my home builts) and to get an inkling of how different or similar the Solo is to the Pixhawk I'm familiar with.

UPDATE- 3DR Solo app for iOS doesn't support the iPad Mini, so I need to go with Android. At least now I can run Tower as well on the same tablet if I like it better.

Which leaves only one question, is the gimbal a necessity (such as for Tower or Solex) and if so, are there any 3rd party alternatives since the 3DR one is going to cost almost twice what I paid for the quad itself?

James

Last edited:
Reactions: tickingheart
I ordered my kit at 4 am and its showing as backorderd . Anymore orders showing this ?

Brian- keep your eyes on B&H- those 3DR backpacks are going for $80- they will go on sale soon. Then post your carrying bag in classified section- someone will want to buy it! It is listed for $69.95 on Lowe’s website.
I just checked my order again. On the order description it lists the Droneguard...but on the order details I clicked on "kit items" and sure enough it's saying my bundle included the 3DR one. The drone and backpack say "shipped" while all the other items are saying "in stock order sent to warehouse." At this point I'm just happy I got a smokin' deal on a 3rd Solo and a ton of extras.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44