Android solo app update 1.1.2.6 is out

Reaction score
improvements:
- Controller Mode setting update
- Improved Orbit shot setup
- Vehicle update bug fix
- UI bug fixes

Reactions: s7nthson
I noticed that 3dr services were also updated and they list return to me as now being supported, this is a good step towards dynamic home point!

Just a note which is not related to this software update but is worth keeping in mind, this hasn't been confirmed officially yet, but some users have reported that the gimbal is not calibrating correctly at start up if the Solo is facing South, but working fine if facing North.

Just a note which is not related to this software update but is worth keeping in mind, this hasn't been confirmed officially yet, but some users have reported that the gimbal is not calibrating correctly at start up if the Solo is facing South, but working fine if facing North.

Thanks, Ian!

I am having the same issue as others are reporting regarding the gimbal not re-calibrating. When I first installed it worked great for a couple of day, then intermittently it started falling. But correcting itself, so I thought ok, no harm, no foul.

Now, it doesn't correct itself, so I re-calibrated the compass - nothing. I took out the three screws and unplugged the two cables and reinstalled the gimbal all over again.

No luck, I haven't submitted a ticket, because so many are have the same issue. I have been scouring the forms and 3DR's site looking for an update.

So, I saw the gentleman and immediately went to 3DR's site and checked to realize this didn't pertain to iOS devices.

Thanks Ken

Also for your video on how to extend the ranger (one Alfa antenna and one stock 3861 feet) was so excited. Thank you again!

Reactions: Ian [P13]
One point on my video on the range, the ALFA antenna should have the word "ALFA" pointing away from you towards the Solo in use. That's what I'm told anyway.

There are more gimbal software fixes in the pipeline, but if you continue to have a problem it'll be best to log a ticket with 3DR to investigate.

there is a video of someone booting the solo facing south twice and it went wonky, they then rotate it 180 degrees, it starts working fine, they turn it back south and it goes wonky again
I also replicated it with my own solo

Are you kidding me? That's exactly what mustve crashed mine...FFS
I calibrated it facing north, flew from that position, land facing south, change the battery and then it took off and smashed on its head. And from what I saw its not just the gimbal the whole cal of the solo shifted facing south.

Are you kidding me? That's exactly what mustve crashed mine...FFS
I calibrated it facing north, flew from that position, land facing south, change the battery and then it took off and smashed on its head. And from what I saw its not just the gimbal the whole cal of the solo shifted facing south.
This is nothing to do with Solo behaviour but the gimbal so it would have no in-flight consequence.

It's not proven either, just one experienced user noticed this behaviour with his gimbal and has asked others to see if they can reproduce.

This is nothing to do with Solo behaviour but the gimbal so it would have no in-flight consequence.

It's not proven either, just one experienced user noticed this behaviour with his gimbal and has asked others to see if they can reproduce.
Ian, that's interesting.

My gimbal had another small issue that I was working with 3DR on - it was livable but not quite right - they had already decided to RMA it when all of a sudden the gimbal calibration error hit. I first noticed it out in the field and after bringing home, tested multiple times - guess what? Each of those instances Solo was facing south on initialization.

Can't retest since they've got the gimbal and I'm waiting for the replacement.

Got it 4 both Apps, 3dr solo app and 3dr services app. Just go to google store and bring up the apps. It should have an update button.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah well watch the loss of calibration after battery change, It happened in the solo and the gimbal followed the artificial new horizon... and of course it decided to flip on its head...

The first launch is facing north, then it lands facing south and it all goes to hell

Last edited:
@ChrisM101 The people that have reported the gimbal issue, not one single of them has reported an in-flight issue or flip. So there's no evidence to tie the two together. If you have the log from that incident and you've not sent it in already to 3DR support then do so with that video as it'll take investigation to identify the cause. It's not impossible the two are linked, it's just there's no evidence for a trend.

It's so hard to tell with many more people getting gimbal, not everyone on this forum, people often post more with an issue than success stories plus many gimbal issues could be trickier than expected installs :

I wonder how many people have installed their gimbal zero issues, how many had to re-route cables, how many had to do stick calibrations, software only issues, rma'ed them. We almost need a survey ! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks