Android solo app update 1.1.2.6 is out

@ChrisM101 The people that have reported the gimbal issue, not one single of them has reported an in-flight issue or flip. So there's no evidence to tie the two together. If you have the log from that incident and you've not sent it in already to 3DR support then do so with that video as it'll take investigation to identify the cause. It's not impossible the two are linked, it's just there's no evidence for a trend.

They have the logs, the full videos, and by about 3pm today the solo and gimbal.
They saw something that prompted them to immediately replace it on RMA.
Its probably also why youre seeing updates already. This happened Saturday and they Authorized RMA for cal loss on Monday Night, got the label Tuesday night, Fedex got it Wednesday.

I can tell you the solo was sitting on level ground facing due south, in the log it was showing leaning, which is not the case,it did not warn about unlevel, it also did not stop it from arming or adjusting level cal for the entire time after it booted while it gathered satellites. Its also adjusting the gimbal level cal while it sits there.

It prompted ready to fly, and at hold fly it flipped over.

Others have posted that video latency was immediately noticeably longer in the 1.1.1 version. That is the only version I've flown, so I have no point of reference. -- Are there any release notes or discussion of this for this release, or other forthcoming releases?

With the current Android version (1.1.2.6?) I just looked at the video latency with my new Galaxy Tab S2 and I couldn't imagine it being much faster? Probably about 200 ms, with un-scientific hand waving tests.

One here, installed gimbal as stated in install video from 3dr, no real issues other than when it is initialized pointing south. It was not level first 2 minutes of flying and then trued up.
I did just fly the new update, gps lock seemed a little longer but it flew ok

With the current Android version (1.1.2.6?) I just looked at the video latency with my new Galaxy Tab S2 and I couldn't imagine it being much faster? Probably about 200 ms, with un-scientific hand waving tests.
Was it smooth, too? I flew again today, and I have a brand new Tab 4 with FPVLR antennas, and it's not just latency, it's jerky. Like not smooth. Is this normal while flying?

New gimbal today on new update. All good but Only thing was could not hit "fly" top of android tablet to change smart shots mode (have new update released today), but if I assigned them hard buttons in settings I could work them. Follow me seemed absent, but worked in tower.
Everyone else on android and 1.1.2.6 got a working onscreen fly smart shots change button? (All the other info type buttons at the same level top of the screen work for me).
Follow me still present?

New gimbal today on new update. All good but Only thing was could not hit "fly" top of android tablet to change smart shots mode (have new update released today), but if I assigned them hard buttons in settings I could work them. Follow me seemed absent, but worked in tower.
Everyone else on android and 1.1.2.6 got a working onscreen fly smart shots change button? (All the other info type buttons at the same level top of the screen work for me).
Follow me still present?
Don't know about Android Solo App, but in the iOS Solo app, they moved the button to the bottom left corner. The icon is green and looks like a movie set thing. Click it and your smart shots roll out along the bottom of the screen.

Says the only fix is a map update. Mine was slow to update the map on last version. Maybe this is the fix...

Last edited:
Rant alert: If I didn't know better, I'd swear I stumbled onto an April's fool thread. Solo facing south causes problems, really? Thank God we have 3 other directions to use! Seriously though, this is really beyond ridiculous and bordering on absurd. With this bird, it's a game of constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. I hope the brain trust at 3DR is paying attention and does a little testing to see if there is anything to "direction gate", that is of course, after they investigate "gimbal gate", and "gps wait gate" and "Solo gate" and...

Reactions: ChrisM101

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig