Android 2.4.0 to the Google Play Store

What's wrong with the selfie? you cant adjust the settings some times right?

Good thing I locked it at 25m out and 100m up.

So, are the Solo settings in Android app v2.4 saved permanently? or do I still have to adjust the gimbal/Solo speed each time still?

Reactions: sailor43
When you start it, the camera tilts up prior to the solo beginning it's ascent

Just loaded v2.4

Any documentation how to use pano/zipline etc? I remember iOS users were complaining about the lack of instructions.

wasnt there talks of increasing rewind distance? capped at 60m right now.

also when performance sliders isn't set at medium for both camera pan and flight speed it no longer states it isn't optimal gimbal performance, so I've kept speed at medium and camera pan to very slow.

Hmm custom A/B keys cannot be set to Zipline...very minor but that would've been nice to set up ziplines with minimal effort.

edit: *sigh* performance & RTH altitude still not saving in the app. wowza. Can't be a difficult fix?

Last edited:
Anyone by chance have the APK for a sidecar on older android devices? Cannot get Google Play to give it up.
Normally not a problem but today it is. Thanks.

now the 'not optimized for gimbal stabilization' warning shows up for all varying types of performance combination

yikes.

Anyone figure out if both sliders at medium setting is still most ideal?

I don't think there is any validity to the camera performance message that may or may not appear with the speed sliders. My standard setting is medium speed and slow pan.

So the maximum altitude resetting itself, and selfie are still not fixed. That's been broken through several versions now. That's disappointing to hear.

-I don't think there is an issue with 'No Limit'. if i choose No Limit, the Alt Limit is displayed as 0. i believe this is as designed
-Selfie is working for me *never had the issue to begin with

Updated both solos and the app on both tablets and the phone in about 15 minutes. Everything went smoothly with the updating process on both solos. One is Rev B and one is Rev A. I did my updates at work inside the maintenance building which is a large sheet metal building with metal supports. The Rev B sailed right through and when I finished it was looking for satellites and wanting to fly inside the building. I didn't wait to see if it found any but I did find it impressive that there were no magnetic interference issues. Rev A was another story. It began with magnetic interference inside but updated fine. I did take it outside after it updated and the interference was still there even in a wide open space. A quick compass calibration got rid of it though. I will do level and compass on both again before I fly but thought I would share the differences between the two Revs. Both started the update with 2.4 on the controller and solo and newly updated 2.4 android. The Rev A has the cardboard trick done to the GPS and the Rev B is completely stock and has never been opened beyond pulling the cover to see what color the GPS board was.

Reactions: algojo
Hi,

Want to share.

If facing some issue with Solo apps on your device. Try this.

1. Go to SETTING
2. Choose APP MANAGER
3. Select SOLO APP
4. CLEAR CACHE
5. CLEAR DATA
5. UNINSTALL
6. Go to Google Play Store. Reinstall SOLO APPS.
7. Enjoy

Confict data between previous Solo Apps version and latest version will cause Android app (Solo Apps) not working properly. So, need to fully clear data & uninstall current Solo Apps.

788fc3014d29deb575c1fbc8fc73e0c7.jpg

bb9a23b015c4ea4f7337be2895d0a6f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi,

Want to share.

If facing some issue with Solo apps on your device. Try this.

1. Go to SETTING
2. Choose APP MANAGER
3. Select SOLO APP
4. CLEAR CACHE
5. CLEAR DATA
5. UNINSTALL
6. Go to Google Play Store. Install again SOLO APPS.
7. Enjoy

Confict data between previous Solo Apps version and latest version will cause Android app (Solo Apps) not working properly. So, need to fully clear data & uninstall current Solo Apps.
This will also delete any saved MPCC you have.

How about IOS
My selfie is broken on IOS too
dont really use it much but would be nice to have it all fixed

Very disappointed in this.
  • Rewind doesn't work under any circumstances. Loss of signal, button pushing, nothing. It just executes the normal RTH/RTM. Huge advertised and brilliant feature, never worked for anyone on a consistent and logical basis. And apparently still doesn't.
  • Return to me returns to somewhere. Certainly not to me. Some random location 50 feet away. Unusable. Tried numerous times, same results.
  • Selfie is still broken. It's been broken for what, a year now?
  • Unrelated to this update, the solo can't comprehend what level is. The gimbal leans left at all times. I even put a new gimbal on it and it still does it. My first two Solos didn't have this problem with the same gimbal. Both failed in other manners and were RMA replacements. Now this is my third one and it makes the gimbal crooked. One disappointment after another with this thing lately.
How was this released to production?? All the most recent posts on FB indicate problems like this. Then poof, released to production with all the problems still present. Mind boggling. [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] like this makes me think I wasted a lot of money that I could have spent building up a new super robust DIY rig that does what it says it will do.

Yes, I have cleared, wiped, uninstalled, and reset everything that can be reset. No change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you try the cache clear and reinstall?
have not gotten to fly the production yet.
After I get my DIY re-motored and propped and back in the air.
I have
Solex
Android 2.4
Imavlink
QGround Control
to test this weekend

Todd Harper just mentioned
it all has to do with where your device says you are.
so to test return to me. go to map mode. make sure you are set to return to me, and move away from home. if the little home marker is not moving with you, then the gps position from the device is incorrect and telling solo to return to where that location is

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso