Android 2.4.0 to the Google Play Store

Reaction score
Hi all,

We just sent Android 2.4.0 to the Google Play store. It should be available in the next 2 hrs.

Notable changes:

- Pano
- Zipline
- Return to me
- Rewind options
- Revised orbit to allow adjustment of ROI after it has been set
- Removes dependency on 3DR Services

Requires Solo firmware 2.4.1 or newer

Fixes:
- MPCC issus
- Turned off local device recording by default, which was causing crash
- Fixed bug in weather information display

Thanks for believing in Solo,

Phu

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HAPPY DAY! You guys rock! Thank you for all the hard work (Both 3DR folks and the beta testing team)!

Reactions: algojo
10 weeks late but better than never!

Thank you very much 3DR...I'm just glad we can finally say good riddance to crash-prone 3DR Services!

Is AR/GF ever coming to Android or you guys done with adding promised features and it'll just be bug fixes from here on out if even that?

can't stress my appreciation for all your team's hard work....must be tricky getting all this done when you're losing colleagues.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: algojo
I think he is refering to augmented home point on the display and geofence
it was stated those will not be on Android.

I have tested them on IOS (Not Beta Steve Reno)
and they are cool, but I rarely use them
Plus Kelly's app has geofencing

i really would like to stay positive in this thread, haha

but since you asked

augmented reality & geofence before they fired their Android lead
white balance and ISO control. shutter control would be nice too but that's added in by GoPro after 3DR's marketing claim.

add those original claims in for Android and I'll be gravvy! cheers.

Reactions: jibcamera
WIth
  • 3DRs release of Android 2.4
  • Kellys app that also got an update yesterday
  • The call for developers to rebase solo independtly of 3DR and the susbesquent possitive response
  • And now an IOS tower Imavlink that is undergoing beta test

Its looking pretty good for the old workhorse solo

Reactions: twitchyzero
Yes Vu stated that AR/Geofence wouldn't be in there when he made the 2.4 for Android announcement. So I'm wondering if anything else is currently left out that was actually promised. White balance/ISO? Those were "promised"? Those are new from gopro.

only ISO lock and shutter control is new, everything else has more or less been there since 3DR marketed Solo as having full GP control. So unless there's an exception in the fine print, then yes that's a claim they should fulfill.

And you're aware those new features aren't even in the official gopro SDK yet? So no one has access to them until they do. Even if 3dr wanted to implement them they can't until GP does it on their end.

re-read my earlier post. If they dont ever add ISO lock/shutter control, I can understand. Would it be nice? sure.

but WB and basic ISO setting, yes please those are the expectations.

I really don't want to turn this thread negative, I'll try to keep it to what's been released thus far.

I'm waiting for this to drop before I upgrade FW to 2.4.1-6

and man dont update your gopro software either
that last software update was the pits

and man dont update your gopro software either
that last software update was the pits

gopro firmware or software(gopro studio)? I have been holding off on updating firmware to v4.00 on my GP4Black which I never wanted but had to buy if I wanted to have any fun with solo during first year or 2...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44