Android 2.4.0 to the Google Play Store

I think this is why IOS with cell data works better
when I check my location on IOS maps or Google Maps the IOS one is almost always better

Very disappointed in this.
  • Rewind doesn't work under any circumstances. Loss of signal, button pushing, nothing. It just executes the normal RTH/RTM. Huge advertised and brilliant feature, never worked for anyone on a consistent and logical basis. And apparently still doesn't.
  • Return to me returns to somewhere. Certainly not to me. Some random location 50 feet away. Unusable. Tried numerous times, same results.
  • Selfie is still broken. It's been broken for what, a year now?
  • Unrelated to this update, the solo can't comprehend what level is. The gimbal leans left at all times. I even put a new gimbal on it and it still does it. My first two Solos didn't have this problem with the same gimbal. Both failed in other manners and were RMA replacements. Now this is my third one and it makes the gimbal crooked. One disappointment after another with this thing lately.
How was this released to production?? All the most recent posts on FB indicate problems like this. Then poof, released to production with all the problems still present. Mind boggling. Shit like this makes me think I wasted a lot of money that I could have spent building up a new super robust DIY rig that does what it says it will do.

Yes, I have cleared, wiped, uninstalled, and reset everything that can be reset. No change.
Seems that they simply released the latest Android beta w/o further fixes. Everything you listed here was already reported by me and others during beta testing.
In particular Return to me is a critical defect since it may send your drone to nowhere in a failsafe situation.
Not good.

Exactly. The beta testing page went silent after you guys posted these problems a week ago. Then out of nowhere, production app and production firmware with all those problems still present. Then 12 hours later, Phu no longer working for 3DR.

Exactly. The beta testing page went silent after you guys posted these problems a week ago. Then out of nowhere, production app and production firmware with all those problems still present. Then 12 hours later, Phu no longer working for 3DR.
I suppose it's time to familiarize myself with Solex.

lol yep. Although I think the rewind issue is in the firmware, not the app. So that likely won't make a difference. But if Solex can do a better job at pulling the device location for RTM, that would be a win. If Solex had the full compliment of follow modes, I would never even look at the 3DR app again.

Does anyone know if it's possible to download and install previous firmwares? My first Solo is staying put where it is on 2.3.x.

But I just ordered a second Solo, and it will likely come with the original firmware without Multipoint Cable Cam. I'm hoping I can update this one to the same 2.3.x that my first is on, or are you forced to go straight to the most current firmware?

I still love the Solo, it's unfortunate that they were able to build such a capable platform and awesome software features only to have it go off the rails at the end.

Assuming avoiding 2.4 isn't possible, these problems are all centered on using the Android app, right? So if I break down and pick up an iPhone/Pod/Pad, everything is functional and stable?

Hi all,

We just sent Android 2.4.0 to the Google Play store. It should be available in the next 2 hrs.

Notable changes:

- Pano
- Zipline
- Return to me
- Rewind options
- Revised orbit to allow adjustment of ROI after it has been set
- Removes dependency on 3DR Services

Requires Solo firmware 2.4.1 or newer

Fixes:
- MPCC issus
- Turned off local device recording by default, which was causing crash
- Fixed bug in weather information display

Thanks for believing in Solo,

Phu

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up and hardwork!

Kent

He actually resigned. Yes, more than likely the end of android and ios updates. Possibly minor bug fixes but nothing promised. They are working on sitescan now.

He actually resigned. Yes, more than likely the end of android and ios updates. Possibly minor bug fixes but nothing promised. They are working on sitescan now.

Since the app isn't compatible with my S7 yet, I need to think about what my next step will be, old S6 or iPad Mini,.......

It's very sad that 3DR let it come to this. Broken apps, broken features, broken firmware, and all hope of fixing it no longer employed.

The open sourcing and Arducopter community are the only hope for fixes and enhancements now.

Wondering, How much did ArduPilot received in donations "Past week" Guessing about $2,000? & How much they needed to benefit Solo "directly as in Rebasing Solo Code"?

What if we can Hire a couple of TOP notch programer & pay them for a couple of months to update "Rebase" Solo's S/W & F/W ?

If we can get 25%of the members here 1335, to donate $17.50 a piece = $23,362.5
Hell, we can take votes on new features LOL....

Just thinking

Reactions: jibcamera
If we can get 25%of the members here 1335, to donate

When 3DR laid off the main Arducopter developers, I and others on RCGroups suggested they could choose from a list of requested features, estimate how much development time would be required to implement one or a group of them, how much compensation would be required and then run crowd funding campaigns - if one succeeds, then they get paid to develop those features for the specified length of time.

There didn't seem to be much interest in the idea, and they talked about being in the process of working out a means of securing funding. Hopefully they have worked something out beyond the donate button on the site. I've donated, and will again, but being able to direct funds to features of specific interest would make me more likely to donate more often and with higher amounts than just throwing money into a pit and hoping a specific feature rises to the surface.

I'm positive, this can be done, with the right funding.
of course, the only road block we may have is, a small safe on the third floor in Chris's office.
LOL
In numbers, we have strength.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44