3Dr Support, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!

I'm getting another bird! I think I will film the opening of the third Solo and share with all the members here.

Air,

Let's hope so! Enough is enough. I sure hope they come through for you this time. I'm looking forward to seeing some videos.

Jerry

I hope you get a great new bird, that has been tested.

I'm about to receive my 3rd bird tomorrow.
The first one crashed due to a wifi card failure. They took it back.
They sent me a "brand new one fully funcional" that never worked well despite doing so many tests and spending so much time troubleshooting it. I shipped it back.
My 3rd Solo is arriving tomorrow. It's a refurbished one this time. It'd better be working right out of the box, otherwise I'll give up on 3DR.

I've been deprived from a functional machine since mid March.
This is my 5th RMA (Solo repair due to video feed issue + gimbals issues)

I'm in Canada and I once had to pay taxes and duty on a reparied Solo. I got my money back after providing more info.
Another time, customs held on it for a week becasue I didn't sign the Commercial Invoice.

At this point I'm about to give up. I will film every step from opening the box to flying it for the first time, just to show 3DR that I'm doing everything correctly.

Did you get your new Solo?
I just received mine on Friday and went out for a flight test. It worked as expected this time, let's hope it stays like that.
I have gimbal vibration but I haven't installed the flat ribbon cable yet, that'll be next.

I thought of filming every step of the unboxing, updating and first flight but I didn't have an easy camera setup to do it (i was also lazy)

I'm on a business trip right now but I'm coming back on the weekend to a package waiting for me. I am going to vid the whole unboxing and first flight from start to finish. I hope I am as fortunate as you are now.

Cool, publish it here whether it went well or not :)
I'm looking forward to going on the next flight but I have lost a substantial amount of confidence in the reliability of the system.

A quick tip if I may. If you're using Android, reinstall all the apps after the bird is updated to the latest firmware. Somebody mentioned that he had sketchy app behaviours after updates. It doesn't take long to do anyway.
As I updated mine I had little unexpected events such as the app asking me to update right after I finished updating. Once I reinstalled the app, it looked better.
Also, updating the bird and gimbal takes longer than it looks. During the process you might feel like the update is stuck frozen, but wait another 2 minutes, and it will go through. I nearly rebooted Solo as I thought the update had frozen. That would have been messy.

that does not help, I did a full reset on the solo, tablet and all the apps
seems to have made it worse
waiting on the next update

@pyrate I'm suggesting that once the vehicle and controllers are up to date, deleting and reinstalling fresh apps might be useful. This might mean deleting and reinstalling the same app version, not necessarily update the app version.
A Factory Reset might be a different story :)

I had the latest of everything on mine and was experiencing the services crashes, which I felt might be the root of all of it.
Since I did do that complete reinstall, I really do think the only thing that is going to fix it is if they release a bug fix patch.
Something definitely not right with that 2.3.1 release

Something interesting is that I did a fresh install on Friday (May 6th) and I have v2.3.0 for the app. Not 2.3.1. Did they remove it? I'm on a Samsung Galaxy.
Solo and the controller are on version 2.3.0-1 (which is a weird numbering system with the hyphen

just designates a minor release like a bug fix
Did it fix any issues for you?
Did nada on mine

Update.... It has been almost a full year since my troubles with 3DR. After my third bird delivered and all the RMA issues and time spent waiting and wondering, I had at that point decided to mothball the whole thing. Packed up all 3DR related material and stacked it in a closet. It was not until this weekend that I decided to revive the refurbished bird and get it ready for flight. Might as well do something with this Delorian.

Started with charging up all the batteries, controller and GoPro 4 black. Balanced all the props, connected to mission planner and balanced the motors. Did the GPS mod, and installed the gimbal. You know it's funny how much has gone on in just one year... I was quite surprised to see all the things that have happened to 3DR.

Reactions: tjones

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo