3DR support ceases taking phone calls.

Vu has answered this in detail, the phone support is now for enterprise customers, however there is live chat and 3DR do call users back when it's necessary. Vu is monitoring the situation so will go back to phone lines if he feels it's necessary. So far the majority of feedback is still positive as it's the outcome that matters.

My only experience with "chat" support was a few days ago. The latest update didn't work at all for me. GoPro won't turn on with Solo.
Somebody got online right away and started working on the problem.
Despite a factory reset, etc, etc, nothing worked. The tech said he was going to "write a report" and told me another update was coming out the following day.

I haven't heard anything- no update- no fix.

Hey, 'Dog. Maybe they can't catch up with you since you changed your avitar again.....:confused:. It is crazy how some cameras don't have any problems, and others do. Let's hope they come through for you and get you going soon. Good luck, my friend.

My only experience with "chat" support was a few days ago. The latest update didn't work at all for me. GoPro won't turn on with Solo.
Somebody got online right away and started working on the problem.
Despite a factory reset, etc, etc, nothing worked. The tech said he was going to "write a report" and told me another update was coming out the following day.

I haven't heard anything- no update- no fix.
Which GoPro? I'm having no problem with the Hero 4 Black turning on.

Reactions: Maddog
Which GoPro? I'm having no problem with the Hero 4 Black turning on.
H4 silver.
Two factory resets and a stick calibration did nothing. I did a stick calibration as the new update fouled up MPCC. I think it worked but haven't had a chance to give it a proper test.
Camera still won't turn on automatically.:(

Hey, 'Dog. Maybe they can't catch up with you since you changed your avitar again.....:confused:. It is crazy how some cameras don't have any problems, and others do. Let's hope they come through for you and get you going soon. Good luck, my friend.
Thanks amigo!

Don't know what you mean about changing avatars though.:rolleyes:

H4 silver.
Two factory resets and a stick calibration did nothing. I did a stick calibration as the new update fouled up MPCC. I think it worked but haven't had a chance to give it a proper test.
Camera still won't turn on automatically.:(
Well, MPCC is working fine now but camera still won't turn on with Solo.
Haven't heard back from tech support about a fix yet.:(

After providing fantastic phone customer support to restructuring your proven working platform to providing chat, text and email and zero phone support is what we referred to in the business world as "the writing on the wall". Calling it anything less is dillusional. And It's to bad. 3DR Was An Interesting Novelty. But Not A Serious Competitor.

I think that is a bit harsh just because phone support has ceased. With upcoming announcements on new updates, and in most cases seemingly working live chat and email support, I think most of us still think the customer support is there for us. I think calling 3DR a novelty, and saying they are not a serious competitor, is like crying wolf with little to base it on. I feel the majority of us with Solo's, still believe it is a very viable platform for the future. This is my personal opinion, and any resemblance to any person alive or dead is purely coincidental..... ;)

Well, MPCC is working fine now but camera still won't turn on with Solo.
Haven't heard back from tech support about a fix yet.:(
Yesterday, I noticed "video + photo" mode on the GoPro did not work while flying. I could only take video or photos.

I set the GoPro at 1080/60/medium + photo every 5 seconds.

Can anybody tell me if it is supposed to work? I thought I used it several updates ago but can't remember.

Yesterday, I noticed "video + photo" mode on the GoPro did not work while flying. I could only take video or photos.

I set the GoPro at 1080/60/medium + photo every 5 seconds.

Can anybody tell me if it is supposed to work? I thought I used it several updates ago but can't remember.

you can trigger video+photo from the app but you cannot switch to it. if you set video+photo before you put the gopro in the gimbal, it will work but as soon as you switch to photo and back to video again the gopro will be in standard video. the same applies for the other video and photo modes.

you can trigger video+photo from the app but you cannot switch to it. if you set video+photo before you put the gopro in the gimbal, it will work but as soon as you switch to photo and back to video again the gopro will be in standard video. the same applies for the other video and photo modes.
I set the GoPro to photo+video and put it in the gimbal. I took off and started video recording. The video recorded but no photos were taken.

I set the GoPro to photo+video and put it in the gimbal. I took off and started video recording. The video recorded but no photos were taken.

maybe something changed in one of the updates. before gopro control was available alot of people used photo+video, timelapse and nightlapse.

the last time i used the gopro timelapse or nightlapse modes was before mpcc was introduced. i'll try it again today to see if it still works.

maybe something changed in one of the updates. before gopro control was available alot of people used photo+video, timelapse and nightlapse.

the last time i used the gopro timelapse or nightlapse modes was before mpcc was introduced. i'll try it again today to see if it still works.
Ok, thanks Frank. That was my recollection too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44