3DR support ceases taking phone calls.

Reaction score
Hum, I just tried calling 3DR because an I order I placed was cancelled without warning or explanation.

I get a recording that they have stopped taking calls and are sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyone have inside info or heard anything at all?

This is sad because being able to speak with a human in this day and age is tremendously appreciated...

Phone numbers were:

Abraham Ruiz
3DR Customer Advocate
Supporting you 24/7
Call us to:(858) 225-1414
Toll Free:(855) 982-2898

3DR seems to be cutting back a lot of things that are labor costly these days. I hope they survive 2016.
Too many facilities in high-rent places. Solo didn't sell as rapidly as they had hoped. They are selling them out of non-R/C outlets (Best Buy and Fry's? huh?), and of course it aint a video game and the big box stores have a high return rate for crashed drones.
If 3DR sells out of R/C shops (yup, that old R/C guy knows what he's selling) and specialty stores, they should be able to stay in business ...albeit with a smaller footprint of facilities. (if it was me investing, I'd request they consolidate to San Diego where the log center is)
But hey, I'm a satisfied customer and can only offer advice.

Maddog - could the 3DR CEO's use of the phrase "mass-jack-assery" when testifying before a congressional committee have anything to do with the pending burst of the DRONE-DOT-COME bubble?
Shortly after that ejaculation we get the bludgeon treatment from our FAA civil servants in the form of drop-dead stupid regulations on the very drones 3DR and DJI and Yuneec are trying to sell en-mass.

Maddog - could the 3DR CEO's use of the phrase "mass-jack-assery" when testifying before a congressional committee have anything to do with the pending burst of the DRONE-DOT-COME bubble?
Shortly after that ejaculation we get the bludgeon treatment from our FAA civil servants in the form of drop-dead stupid regulations on the very drones 3DR and DJI and Yuneec are trying to sell en-mass.
Wow- I didn't know he said that! Let me guess- he was testifying about pending drone regulations?

Wow- I didn't know he said that! Let me guess- he was testifying about pending drone regulations?
When asked about all the " incidents" he responded it was " mass-jack-assert". Likely its a coincidence, but I think the bureaucracy heard from the committee testimony what they needed to implement a lazy broad brush regulatory regime over commercial drones and large rc aircraft...something they've wanted to do for a while. Fact: You basically cannot operate a commercial drone biz anywhere near the National Capital region. You cannot fly an rc aircraft in the DC area...so I reckon all FAA will need to do next is mandate strict geofencing for the rest of the country under a penalty and there goes the drone revolution

Reactions: Maddog
Man, Maddog, your avitar is a lot meaner than the last one. You ok?.......;) Just kidding, bro. I like it.
Haha! But the new one is a cartoon character- can't get any less meaner than that- right?o_O

I just got an email from 3DR about their phone support. All the rep says is that they will no longer have phone support, but we can email them with questions and problems, and they should respond within 24 hrs. Personally, I liked the fact I could talk to a tech when I called, but I guess all we can do, is do what we can. BTW, Maddog, as much as I like your new avatar, I think mine is better. Of course, I am very biased on this one......:D

Reactions: Maddog
"We are experiencing an extra high volume of calls. To better serve you, we will no longer be taking calls"

How does this compare to Yuneec or DJI
can you call and talk with a technician with those companies?

Guys this could be as simple as the volume of support requests have dropped to a level they can handle it with a team. We have to remember what goes on in these forums is a microcosm of what is happening out there. do you have any idea how many people buy these things and never look for a forum or social media site.
Not saying I agree with it, I personally think everyone should offer at least a customer service call center, if not a technical one.

Reactions: Chuck and Maddog
I just got an email from 3DR about their phone support. All the rep says is that they will no longer have phone support, but we can email them with questions and problems, and they should respond within 24 hrs. Personally, I liked the fact I could talk to a tech when I called, but I guess all we can do, is do what we can. BTW, Maddog, as much as I like your new avatar, I think mine is better. Of course, I am very biased on this one......:D
I'm guessing you know those mean-lookin' hombres.;)

I agree with pyrate. If we can get everything taken care of in a timely manner with emails, then ok. But I still like the human voice on the other end of the line when things get a bit confusing during the help process.

The solo app detects a flip over at landing and automates your help desk ticket submission. You get a response from a dude who flies drones, talking about what is going on. Whether you agree with him or not.... automatic help desk = awesome.

The solo app detects a flip over at landing and automates your help desk ticket submission. You get a response from a dude who flies drones, talking about what is going on. Whether you agree with him or not.... automatic help desk = awesome.

Well...the Iris had DroneShare which had a great support tool as well...but it seems mostly shut down and non functional...so they need to stick with things that work.

They are obviously in Financial Trouble. DJI has a customer support number that still works....so...hmm.

Hum, I just tried calling 3DR because an I order I placed was cancelled without warning or explanation.

I get a recording that they have stopped taking calls and are sorry for the inconvenience.

Anyone have inside info or heard anything at all?

This is sad because being able to speak with a human in this day and age is tremendously appreciated...

Phone numbers were:

Abraham Ruiz
3DR Customer Advocate
Supporting you 24/7
Call us to:(858) 225-1414
Toll Free:(855) 982-2898

I had an issue with a new battery, and used live chat to take care of it. Sure, it took a bit longer to get it resolved, but I now have a new battery. I can appreciate 3DR restructuring their company, and as long as they keep taking care of my inquiry's and problems, even by live chat or email, it is still way better than the phone support I used to get from DJI.

Reactions: Ian [P13]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44