3DR does not ship to Canada!

Del

Reaction score
I live in Canada and iv been trying to order some Solo items from the 3DR website and keep getting this msg on top of there page (We are unable to calculate shipping rates for the selected items) so I decided to email them to explain to me what that means?

Here is the email I sent them..

Dear 3DR

I live in Canada and I'm having a problem ordering anything from your website? Every time I try Ordering anything ..your Website keeps telling me this (We are unable to calculate shipping rates for the selected items) can you kindly explain to me what this exactly means?
Iv tried to order a variety of items on your webpage and they all come up with (We are unable to calculate shipping rates for the selected items)

Del...

Here what they responded with ..

Mario Caballero (3D Robotics)

Sep 14, 12:32 PM

Hello Del,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems ordering online, the message that appears on your screen means that we would not be able to ship your requested Items to Canada this is because of government regulations.

I would suggest you to contact one of our resellers in Canada, here you will find the available resellers in your country. Solo Authorized Resellers | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology .

If you have any questions please give us a call and will gladly help you out.

Mario Caballero

3DR Customer Service Rep.

3D Robotics Inc.

24/7 Support

(858)225-1414

(855)982-2898

The only reason that I wanted to Oder from 3DR is that they have the Motor Pods and other items that the Canadian stores do not carrie! The Canadian Store only carrie the solo basics !

Am currently waiting for my gimbal and my 2 motor pods From B&H ..but thought it might be quicker if I ordered from 3DR..!
But it looks like I have no choice but to wait for B&H to fill my orders!

Edit :
I just noticed that I posted This Thread under (Solo Help)
I think it might belong in the (Solo discussion)
@rrmccabe Moderator can move it if it's not in its proper place.

Last edited:
So... B&H can ship to Canada but 3DR can't? Sounds like BS to me. I'd like to see the regulation 3DR is claiming.

Tech support's biggest problem seems to be that they're not all on the same page, followed by the appearance that many of them don't seem to know what they're talking about.

It seems like asking 5 tech reps the same question will get 5 different answers. Not good.

Reactions: Del
I do fine that's funny about the governments regulations..??
What does that mean??
So it sounds like it's illegal for 3DR to ship anything to do with a Drone shipped to my house..??
So I guess 3DR can't sell anything to me dereclly...I can only purchase Solo items from there retailers..??
Just another part of the 3DR Solo Game..!

I got mine to...I don't think the Lanyard is the problem...it's other solo items from there website when ordering..like gimbal..motor pods..battery's ..ect

Don't buy the "government regulations" line. They just haven't taken the time to set up the proper shipping that can handle the duties and tax. B&H were good when I got the back pack. Free shipping to Canada as well.

But it's funny how I was able to order a Solo Battery from there web site a month ago and they delivered it!! But now I can't order anything?? I think they just don't want to deal with the hole shipping thing anymore to Canada I guess !
I like B&H...Iv ordered from them before...like my backpack..props..and a battery..the service was great and speedy!
And now just waiting for my Gimbal and 2 motor pods from them that are on Preorder!

I have a gimbal on order from London Drugs. Was informed today that they have them at their warehouse. Will ship in the order they received orders. Don't know where I stand. I have emailed them a fair number of times over the last while as I leave for holidays this Friday. London Drugs ships via Canada Post. Canada Post won't deliver a parcel to my house as I am more than 150 yards from the mail boxes. Adds two days to the shipping as they have to take it to a depot for me to pick up. I am hoping London Drugs steps up and courier's me my gimbal. They took the money months ago. If not I am cancelling the order and reordering through B&H. They ship to my door. Waiting on a email from London Drugs to see what they can do.

I have a gimbal on order from London Drugs. Was informed today that they have them at their warehouse. Will ship in the order they received orders. Don't know where I stand. I have emailed them a fair number of times over the last while as I leave for holidays this Friday. London Drugs ships via Canada Post. Canada Post won't deliver a parcel to my house as I am more than 150 yards from the mail boxes. Adds two days to the shipping as they have to take it to a depot for me to pick up. I am hoping London Drugs steps up and courier's me my gimbal. They took the money months ago. If not I am cancelling the order and reordering through B&H. They ship to my door. Waiting on a email from London Drugs to see what they can do.
Good to hear.. I hope London Drugs pulls through for you.. And keep us updated on receiving your Gimbal..!

Back and forth with London Drugs today. They have shipped my gimbal to a near by store and I can supposedly pick it up on Thursday. So far they have been excellent to deal with.

one of the customer service supervisors told me the reason they cant ship to Canada is due to the shipping deal they have in china. She tried to get a item sent to me from china but I had to wait till they had one in California.

Reactions: Del
Good to hear.. I hope London Drugs pulls through for you.. And keep us updated on receiving your Gimbal..!
Just got off the phone with London Drugs. They shipped my gimbal to a location near me. It has arrived. On my way to pick it up. They really came through. Won't have time to install it as I need to pack. On a plane first thing am. Will take it with me. Highly recommended London Drugs to anyone in Canada.

Just got off the phone with London Drugs. They shipped my gimbal to a location near me. It has arrived. On my way to pick it up. They really came through. Won't have time to install it as I need to pack. On a plane first thing am. Will take it with me. Highly recommended London Drugs to anyone in Canada.
Good to hear!! I live in Niagara Falls Ontario...I ordered mine from B&H in the US...just got an email today from them saying it was shipped today..so might get it tomorrow or early next week ...so it looks like we're two happy Canadians..eh !!! :)

Hey @Rsfitz ...have you had any luck purchasing Motor Pods for your Solo ?
Iv been trying to get a hold of 2 Motor pods...but I'll be Damn if I can find a retailer that has them in Stock???

Hey @Rsfitz ...have you had any luck purchasing Motor Pods for your Solo ?
Iv been trying to get a hold of 2 Motor pods...but I'll be Damn if I can find a retailer that has them in Stock???
Haven't tried. Might need to after flying this thing on a beach for awhile. Did go on to 3dr's site and got the same can't calculate shipping to you location BS. Somewhere else on their site they say they do ship to Canada. Might want to call them again and be a little more pushy than us Canadians usually are. If not B&H might be the only option. Let me know how you make out.
Got my gimbal in hand.

Haven't tried. Might need to after flying this thing on a beach for awhile. Did go on to 3dr's site and got the same can't calculate shipping to you location BS. Somewhere else on their site they say they do ship to Canada. Might want to call them again and be a little more pushy than us Canadians usually are. If not B&H might be the only option. Let me know how you make out.
Got my gimbal in hand.
I did preorder 2 motor pods from B&H...but who knows when that will be in..and it seems it's like that for all the retailer for the Motor Pods...!!
So I'll just have to play another waiting game!!

Good luck on your Gimbal...I hope your intalling it goes smooth and works like a Dream :)

Same thing happened to me when attempting to order 3dr solo replacement shell. I called in last week and placed the order over the phone and thought everything was good....3dr called me back 2 hours later saying they can't ship to Canada because of customs issues and cancelled my order.... hopefully they sort this out.

:( yea who knows when they will have stock at the retailers. Pretty much junk, what company in this day and age can't figure out custom issues? Not like its difficult to ship between Canada and the US... B&H does it.... I love the email this morning from 3dr containing a free shipping code I can't use lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig