3dr Level calibration Failed

Reaction score
So Just received my second 3dr in the mail and i set it all up. when i went to do the level calibration it would fail at the end of each attempt. The drone is used but was never flown before. So can anyone help me out with this issue. I was thing to replace the accelerometer in the drone but im not sure where is is and what board it is on. i was going to take it from my old drone that crashed because of a blade failure. so if anyone can tell me where the accelerometer is located or if they have any ideas on how i could fix this issue it would be great. btw i did contact solo support but haven't received a reply in a couple of days.

R u doing the level Cal thru the 3dr solo app....start it.....each of the six sides ....count to 5 than onto the next side.....should work

Probably a stuck accelerometer - will have to give the Solo a firm bump on the accessory bay to free it and then do the Level cal. Search this forum for "accelerometer" and there will be more details including how to confirm that this is the issue. If problem returns frequently you will have to replace hardware.

Probably a stuck accelerometer - will have to give the Solo a firm bump on the accessory bay to free it and then do the Level cal. Search this forum for "accelerometer" and there will be more details including how to confirm that this is the issue. If problem returns frequently you will have to replace hardware.
Okay will try and let you know Thx

Stay away from the street or concrete or metal objects or posts. Try in a different location

Okay will try and let you know Thx
I bought two of the solo's with "Calibration errors" from Ebay. The first one, I just had to hold it steady, give it a smack on the ass and it calibrated. The 2nd one didn't respond to that at all (I tried several times). But then I flipped it upside down and smacked it on the belly. Worked just fine. As far as I know, the accelerometers are contained in the PixHawk controller, nowhere else. So if you can't get it to work, might as well be a good excuse to upgrade to the PixHawk Green Cube!

Okay so lat night i finally was free, i got the drone went into the backyard and like you guys said i slapped it on the belly and top and then when i turned it on it didn't even ask for the level calibration. which was great. BTW this forum is way better than the 3DR support. they still haven't replied from last Thursday

I had the same issues change battery oh level calc.. So I used the tower app to do the level calc and now its fine. ( Ignore what the transmitter is telling you just go thought the next, next, next on the tower app your rc controller will switch over.) I think this is possibly a piece of bad code in the solo app. But I will probably use tower or mission planner on my laptop for the drone as I really think the solo app is only good for the so called smart shots.

I ran into this same problem today myself, remembered reading the above " smack the butt" advise and did so, damn! worked first time and no problems all day, even when I moved from 1 location to another and did full level and compass calibration, still looking at G Cube though as it still baffles me that a butt smack will fix a possible electrical problem but WTH, it worked.

I ran into this same problem today myself, remembered reading the above " smack the butt" advise and did so, damn! worked first time and no problems all day, even when I moved from 1 location to another and did full level and compass calibration, still looking at G Cube though as it still baffles me that a butt smack will fix a possible electrical problem but WTH, it worked.
When I first found that advice I believe someone had mentioned that the gyroscopes inside can become "Stuck" and a small tap can get them working again. Actually then found this "Gyro sensors - How they work and what's ahead | about Gyro sensor | Technical Information | other Information" that pretty much gives a basic explanation of how those microscopic sensors work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig