3DR Customer Service Sucks

I think that they are getting rid of folks right and left - given their financials - run do not walk.
You got your Solo from the kids?
You want a refund or return of fixed drone?
Ok.
So. What happened to the Solo?
You just want compensation for a quad you likely smashed to smithereens? And was free to you?
Thought since it was a "smart drone" you could just toss it into the air?
I'm a very easygoing person, sir, but pardon me for saying I smell a bit of rat here.

Reactions: EyeWingsuit
I've read that 3DR changed courier firms and that slowed down RMAs for a period recently but it sounds like that is resolved. Certainly there's many people reporting an RMA completing within a couple of weeks.

3DR have live chat so there's no real excuse for sitting around waiting for an e-mail if you're wanting an update.

I look forward to seeing the OP getting a no quibble RMA from any other drone company then seeing a return within weeks, I've read many a horror story of people with the white one waiting months.

Last edited:
I've read that 3DR changed courier firms and that slowed down RMAs for a period recently but it sounds like that is resolved. Certainly there's many people reporting an RMA completing within a couple of weeks.

3DR have live chat so there's no real excuse for sitting around waiting for an e-mail if you're wanting an update.

I look forward to seeing the OP getting a no quibble RMA from any other drone company then seeing a return within weeks, I've read many a horror stories of people with the white one waiting months.
Indeed. I had a gimbal issue, well known from another thread, that I took to 3DR via chat. I received an RMA within twenty minutes.
My brand new gimbal works great.
And I got it fast.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Don't think we should feed the troll, it will go away eventually. most likely damaged the drone themselves, claimed it was a fault and are in dispute with 3DR. It happens, time to move on.

3DR has had my RMA drone for 14 business days - they have and will not provide any updates on when we can expect to receive it back. Customer service is awful. Purchasing the Solo was a mistake. I hope this company folds soon.
I total agree the hdmi cable was bad on mine and they just asked stupid questions and didn't do anything about it just order one on line works fine but now on the battery tray the connector came off were the gps plugs in and they say we don't have them. Just screwed I guess. Hope the go under too

I total agree the hdmi cable was bad on mine and they just asked stupid questions and didn't do anything about it just order one on line works fine but now on the battery tray the connector came off were the gps plugs in and they say we don't have them. Just screwed I guess. Hope the go under too
3DR don't simply send out parts based off user self diagnosis, the "stupid questions" you speak of are steps you're asked to go through to help 3DR problem solve, if you have a genuine issue that you've not caused yourself 3DR would arrange an RMA.

Lemme guess? You're drinking, pissed off, and clueless. You've not seen 3DR's financials; no one here likely has. The company as a whole is the best poised for several markets, just not the hobbyist/recreational market. They have a significant amount of marketshare in spite of some missteps at the outset.

Either way, the one thing they're very, very good at is customer service. If you're out of the US, it may well be they're slow. Dunno. I *still* have a DJI Phantom that I've not received word on. BTW, if you can't fly a 3DR, good luck with the P4. I have both. I'd suggest a Yuneec Q500, particularly if it's "just for the kids." It's got smart modes that none of the other devices have, and it has a Wizard that you can point up to take off, down to land. It takes the thought process out of all flight, while providing decent video.

Thanks for the advice. Let me guess - smug and in denial. We can stick to the facts or we can turn it personal - either way is fine with me. Customer service sucks - they received the failed drone (crashed due to two motor failures - not the kids poor flying) on Monday March 14th at 10:30AM. I have not received any emails or updates from them other than the one stating that they received it on Wed March 16th - two days later than the tracking indicates. So I would classify that as poor customer service.

My reading comprehension is pretty good - maybe not as advanced as yours - but I can read a press release. Sounds like they are retrenching and cutting expenses - perhaps on customer service. They do not even offer phone support. I look forward to any wisdom that you can impart to a clueless person like me.

Customer support is still there so stop trying to paint a false picture of cut backs taking place or having any impact on your case as that's simply not true.

A simple question why are you not using the live chat for an update? Incidentally they do call users back when it's necessary too,

Support < Click this link.

It's the green link with the title "Chat" it will open a pop-up.

I'm not sure I buy 2 motor failures as the odds of 2 motors failing at once are millions to one. Either way the logs would prove the facts and it's good to know 3DR are arranging an RMA.

I'd fully agree though not hearing anything on e-mail for a few weeks isn't good, nor is it typical.

Try the live chat and do so with a better tone than you've used here and if you're still having a problem post back here and I'll see if I can help.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. Let me guess - smug and in denial. We can stick to the facts or we can turn it personal - either way is fine with me. Customer service sucks - they received the failed drone (crashed due to two motor failures - not the kids poor flying) on Monday March 14th at 10:30AM. I have not received any emails or updates from them other than the one stating that they received it on Wed March 16th - two days later than the tracking indicates. So I would classify that as poor customer service.

My reading comprehension is pretty good - maybe not as advanced as yours - but I can read a press release. Sounds like they are retrenching and cutting expenses - perhaps on customer service. They do not even offer phone support. I look forward to any wisdom that you can impart to a clueless person like me.
So whats your point being here? Saying that 3DR sucks multiple time wont make everyone agree with your point.
There is no perfect customer service out there. Not even 3DR. But its clearly not "suck" based on watching everyone here and my personal experience with 3DR customer service. Maybe its not perfect but It looks like they answer 90%++ complain from the customers. While there is other brand that ignore 90%++ complain from the customer and answer only 10%-ish complain, now that sucks.
So if you say that 3DR customer service is suck. May i ask you. Suck compare to what?

Be patient Rick, You're not the only RMA in the que. 3DR is working your issue, kind of no news is good news. I've had two RMA's and turnaround was just short of a month. This is not a toy.
Your choice to the white side is expected with your impatience. Pull up Colin's bio and see why the SOLO was developed, you would be surprised and rethink your knee jerk reaction. Good luck.

Customer Service with 3DR is absolutely better than DJI. 3DR's customer service was perfect when they offered calls, but from a conversation with an executive with 3DR 95% of the issues require you to have a computer and submit flight logs or even further download with data flash logs. What happens is you are emailing with a customer service representative, they then take the information and put it together for an engineer. I have been in 2 crashes due to close quarter maneuvering and have had a conversation with a representative with 2-3 touch points each day. In saying that with your tone and attitude I am sure they are not jumping threw hoops to quickly assist you.

Good luck flying a DJI, sorry 3DR didn't work out for you as it has everyone else.

P.S- This an older article but Collin left DJI for a reason and took a pretty good team..
Colin Guinn joins 3D Robotics

3DR has had my RMA drone for 14 business days - they have and will not provide any updates on when we can expect to receive it back. Customer service is awful. Purchasing the Solo was a mistake. I hope this company folds soon.
Hey Rick,
Sorry about your horrible experience. I've followed up on your replacement order and it will go out today. Again, I'm very sorry for the delay.

I just had a battery issue on a new, just out of the box battery. I contacted 3DR via chat first, then email. After a few emails back and forth, the issued a RMA for the battery and as soon as they received it, issued me a new one. I have always been very satisfied with their customer service. Since we don't have phone support at the moment, I always start with live chat. At least you know who you are talking to. If I was rick, I would try that and see what they say. Maybe he has a crystal ball to be able to comment on their financials, and the laying off of people.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Vu has moved things along and Rick's replacement is on the way, so hopefully we're in for a happy ending. :)

There is a 3dr official in this forum? Nice! Thats it. Problem solved. And i wonder if dji officials even know that there is a forum about their product

Reactions: xman4242
There is a 3dr official in this forum? Nice! Thats it. Problem solved. And i wonder if dji officials even know that there is a forum about their product
Vu is 3DR's VP of support, he only has time to read the forum every so often, but if he spots a problem he'll jump in and help.

Another reason the 3DR support is above and beyond. My experiences with the "other" company weren't even close. Much thanks to Vu and his whole team.

Vu has helped me out with a stalled support and orders on DIYD in the past as well.

I submitted a ticket last Friday for a minor issue and received a response over that same weekend. In my book that's pretty good service.

Sorry your experience hasn't been as stellar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44