3DR Customer Service Sucks

so the director of customer service personally responded to a post where you say his employ sucks and hope they fold. sounds like you need to issue an apology as well as change the title of your thread.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Well, since we're all sharing our customer support stories... I placed an order 9 days ago and have received 0 correspondence or confirmation other than the money taken from my account... I tried a chat with customer service and they could not even promise when they could give me a tracking number... She said that she could probably have one for me this week ..no promises

I wouldn't recommend a P4. Too complicated to fly. &unwed and Blade have a good one at a great price that might be easier to fly depending on your kids.

And customer service and DJI is an oxymoron. They knowingly sold bad product that was more than likely to fly away. They did nothing about it for nearly 3 years, and none of us early adopters were rewarded

Please don't choose DJI

Reactions: Ian [P13]
I've always had a good experience with customer service. I have contacted them a few times, regarding different matters like weird crashes where the logs weren't clear or motor replacements, and I have always been answered in 24-48h. The guys behind customer service are polite and patient, but they are also human and can make errors. That does NOT give you the right to bash their work like that, hoping that their company fails.... And your solution is to go and buy something for DJI? Geez, props to their customer service compared to this one....

And let's not getting started with your lack of education...

Reactions: Solo Keith
Was thinking about putting an order in tonight. If we are experiencing huge delays, I would just as soon go to Best Buy, forgo the 20% sale, than to go through all of that drama again.

Was thinking about putting an order in tonight. If we are experiencing huge delays, I would just as soon go to Best Buy, forgo the 20% sale, than to go through all of that drama again.
I ordered little over two weeks ago and the turn around to ship was only 3 days. Well worth it considering I got a solo, gimbal, backpack, extended rx battery and props for $1k

Look online if your looking to get a good deal & fast shipping. I picked up another NEW gimbal for $130

Well, since we're all sharing our customer support stories... I placed an order 9 days ago and have received 0 correspondence or confirmation other than the money taken from my account... I tried a chat with customer service and they could not even promise when they could give me a tracking number... She said that she could probably have one for me this week ..no promises
To be fair that's not really an example of customer service not doing their part, that's an issue with the 3DR shopping cart and provision. I know they've been changing courier companies which caused some headaches.

I do think the cart and its notification could be much better though.

Reactions: jibcamera
To be fair that's not really an example of customer service not doing their part, that's an issue with the 3DR shopping cart and provision. I know they've been changing courier companies which caused some headaches.

Yup, I have a feeling there's a bit of a communication breakdown going on sometimes - not anyone's fault, but rather a issue with accurate e-accounting maybe?
When my gimbal went haywire recently and decided it wanted to look way left over yonder all the time, I got an RMA ticket, sent her to sunny Cali, got a receival notice from 3DR that Friday - then apparently it went into a black hole for over a week. No updates, news about what the devil was wrong with the blasted thing, nothing.
Finally I started a chat and apparently it had arrived but nothing had been done with it. There's that little glitch right there! Apparently it just wasn't routed to the right place. No one to blame at all.
Anyway, I started the chat on Wednesday, was apologized to a bunch, and had my spankin' new gimbal mounted that Friday. Pretty fast service, folks!
Definitely no complaints on my end.

I have a similar story as Marich. My gimbal was working fine, but began to flop around after several hours of flight time. Received an RMA with a free shipping label on the 22st, arrived in CA on the 29th, shipped out a new one to me today with overnight delivery. I was told the slight delay was attributed to availability. I feel CS cares.
No complains with me.

Reactions: PdxSteve

Wish we could change the title of this thread..I guess we just have to let it die...BUT, I rec'd my fedex tracking # today at 04:59:59PST..i think they just wanted to make me sweat:..haha So all things considered, not bad,,basically 11 days lead time on an order of full kit. There would have been no worries on my part if there had just been any kind of automated email or account status update on 3dr site.

Reactions: cameraguy
Still no response. I will order a DJI Phonton 4 this weekend. 3dr sucks. Too bad..... bad you can refund me the cost of the P.O.S. 3DR Solo.

I've had almost immediate response when I started a chat session with 3DR and the support folks have answered EVERY question I asked and didn't try to sugar coat anything - No BS from them at all.

If you think 3DR's support is bad and you are going to get a DJI Phantom? Just wait until you ask DJI support a question. Good luck on getting a complete, definitive answer from them. I have a Phantom 2 Vision Plus that I'm having problems with and I cannot get DJI support to give me a straight answer to any question I have asked. You can forget getting any technical question answered completely and I've even had them suggest that I try something that I told them that I had already done.

Here is a typical response from them after you have ended the chat session without getting an answer:

"Dear Orin xxxxxx

We are sorry to hear about the issue with your DJI Product. We recommend sending your product into our North American Support center, for diagnosis and repair. Please reply with the below info, so we can arrange for a RMA repair. If you have any questions, please be sure to ask them in your reply. We look forward to assisting you soon!
Shipping Address (no PO box):
Phone number:
Name of DJI Product:
Purchase date of product:
Dealer name or DJI Order Number:
Brief Description of damage or technical issue:
Troubleshooting steps you have tried to fix the issue before contacting support:
Do you have DJI care:

Regards,

DJI Customer Support"

As most of you already know, 3DR is a private corporation (not publicly traded) and their "financials" are not available to the public.

Rick, that means they're secret.

Wish we could change the title of this thread..I guess we just have to let it die...BUT, I rec'd my fedex tracking # today at 04:59:59PST..i think they just wanted to make me sweat:..haha So all things considered, not bad,,basically 11 days lead time on an order of full kit. There would have been no worries on my part if there had just been any kind of automated email or account status update on 3dr site.

I don't get the delay. I bought the entire kit directly from 3DR during the first few days of the sale. It was shipped the same day. Now, depending where you live, get ready for a shocker. It took Fedex Ground, their only courier 6 business days to deliver to upstate, NY.

Reactions: Maddog
I don'tm know what the issues are, but it would seem to be my experience is pretty much the same. I had a crash back in March or Feburary, been so long I forget, anyway, the thing is I started a chat with the tech support and after exchanging some photos of the gimble they determined there was no real damage to it. Okay, so he said I could power it up, which I did and it seemed to power up just fine, so after replacing the broken blade, I powered it up again, this time it didn't power up correctly, the lights never changed to the white and red configuration, so I powered it down and back up again, the same thing happened, well I wasn't about to try flying it yet until I got some advice from 3DR. I put in a ticket describing the crash and what it did, and they asked for the receipt, the photos of the Solo, and the logs. I sent everything they asked for. About a week later I get an email from them requesting the same thing but with photos of the damage. I sent them everything yet again, and explained to them what was broken and the condition of the Solo, and that the damage seemed to me minor and could not really be seen in the photos, they replied that that's okay they won't need any photos. I get another email in a week asking for the receipt for the unit. I explained they alredady had it, but sent it yet again. Each time I'm dealing with a different tech, and it's annoying and frustrating. Do. They not talk to each other? Is there not a file attached to the ticket which has this stuff I keep sending? I did finally get an answer about the crash, they determined that the Solo experienced a low battery alert and did what it was supposed to do, climb to the return to home altitude and return to the landing site. All well and good, but. Never saw any alert, I expected an alarm of some kind to go off if this happened. This is if I read the manual correctly. I have been trying to play back my logs, and have met with very little success, if I read the map correctly, my Solo was flying somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean near Africa...Now I've downloaded all the logs, telemetry and dataflash and see some of this but not all...I am still waiting to hear what exactly they are going to do as the tickets are not closed except for the gimble issue...I'll be honest, it seems like a typical customer service center to me, one hand has no idea what the other is doing...Oh one other thing, I'm missing one of those rubber tips on the bottom of the legs, why do I have to buy a set of legs to replace that tip? Seems kinda silly to spend $15 for a set of legs just to get a rubber tip...Time to look at that 3D pen to freedraw a new tip...lol

3DR has had my RMA drone for 14 business days - they have and will not provide any updates on when we can expect to receive it back. Customer service is awful. Purchasing the Solo was a mistake. I hope this company folds soon.
I have a similar story. They have had my unit for repair/replacement for 23 days and no word as to when it might be fixed. But they do respond to my questions. Not the answers I want but they did respond.

I sent in an question about a battery running down very quickly and getting and staying hot after 30 minutes after I landed and got an automated reply instantly and then a human reply about 10 minutes later asking for more info. I have little to complain about.

Dont mean to be rude. But why suddenly appear some first-timer-posting-user that complain about solo?

Dunno, maybe it's frustration that builds when you don't hear from them, and it's a similar situation, maybe it's a vent, maybe someone won't feel they're all alone with a similar situation. Or maybe I just am too first-timer-posting-user who wants to piss YOU off...

Reactions: Orin
3DR has had my RMA drone for 14 business days - they have and will not provide any updates on when we can expect to receive it back. Customer service is awful. Purchasing the Solo was a mistake. I hope this company folds soon.
Unfortunately, my experience has been the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig