3DR CES Announcement...

Reaction score
[Update]3DR have released an early look at the video announcement today which shows some of the new Solo feature in action, note, these are not mock ups, the shots already work and are in testing, so you should get access to these within a few months.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• 2016-01-07_015343.png
    2016-01-07_015343.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
If that doesn't look like multi-point cable-cam, I don't know what does! Woohoo!! I hope I'm right!

Reactions: Ian [P13]
I think it's not breaking any secrets at this point to say you're not wrong. ;)

I think the code is in GitHub already just not polished up and released to beta or wild

Any idea when/how? @Ian [P13]

Yea, I've wondered how they'd go about implementing the functionality intuitively using Solo's limited controller buttons. I'd imagine A could define the start point and B could define the end, but you fly to a new spot, hit B again and it adds a new end with the previous becoming a mid point. Fly to a new spot and hit B again, fly, hit B, and so on.

Yea, I've wondered how they'd go about implementing the functionality intuitively using Solo's limited controller buttons. I'd imagine A could define the start point and B could define the end, but you fly to a new spot, hit B again and it adds a new end with the previous becoming a mid point. Fly to a new spot and hit B again, fly, hit B, and so on.
Sounds like that would work for me[emoji1]
Thanks for the heads-up

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

3DR have kindly revealed the video to the Solo community early, on Facebook, it's been up a few hours now, so I've added it here for those that don't have a Facebook account.

Reactions: Jubalr
Not quite 7 months old and already an incredible flying machine!! I am still impressed every time I take off. And now more good stuff on the way.

"The updates will include new Smart Shot functionality along with fully integrated airspace safety information and a Solo flight simulator app"

Did you catch that last part.... flight simulator app

Great news.

Reactions: prowler9
I love when you buy a product with a known set of features, considering those features alone to justify the price, and then have significant new features and capabilities added to the product, and given to you, without being asked for more money.

At a time when more and more companies are changing their business model to rent you the products that you formerly only paid for a single time (SAAS, I'm talking about YOU! :mad:), this is very refreshing.

Can't wait for the new cable cam, and the ability to save the flight paths is just icing on the cake. Unlimited points and flight path saving... Now I really can't wait for spring!

Reactions: RichWest
Saving cable cam routines is excellent, it was a hassle needing to recreate it every time you went back to FLY mode.
Interestingly, it shows a Solo taking off from on top of a truck. I tried this and got a magentic error I couldnt get away from. I had to take off from the ground.
I might have to try this again, maybe an update has changed this situation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc