3DR Announces Android App v2.4 out in "few weeks"

if only Solo could be updated via website using PC like using DJI assistant for P4, we can then choose older firmwares with ease, for IT dummies like me.

P3 update is memory card based, also we can choose older firmware. Weird way of FW update though, lacking of easy status indicator, funny Dit-DitDit sound...LOL.

Is there ever any Apps has two version live on Google Play for us to choose ? Maybe call one solo v2.3 and the other v2.4.

I know it's not as reliable and having FW options are nice but I actually really like how everything on solo is wireless. Sololink for connecting and updating. It's a bit buggy and a complete PITA if the update wasn't successful...I just don't like too many wires and clutter.

Hi folks,
do i have to install the latest firmware ( 2.4 android ) or can i still fly with the old 2.3 version. My solo works pretty good and without issues so far.
Any suggestion ?
Help always welcome
Cheers

Hi folks,
do i have to install the latest firmware ( 2.4 android ) or can i still fly with the old 2.3 version. My solo works pretty good and without issues so far.
Any suggestion ?
Help always welcome
Cheers

As far as I know 2.4 for android app has not been released yet. So it's not an option.

Yes, sure; it's the 2.4 for the Solo itself, not the Androïd appli.

Yes, you may install this version but you get no difference until a new (2.4) Androïd version.

Hi folks,
Any suggestion ?
Help always welcome
Cheers
Yes you can install and fly the 2.4 Firmware together with the Android 2.3 app.
And yes you get additional features also in the Android app such as Rewind and Return to Me and return to Land/Hover. For the configuration for return land/hover you need an iOS app.

Yes, you may install this version but you get no difference until a new (2.4) Androïd version.

There is a minor difference.

Once you install the 2.4 firmware update, you will immediately notice that pressing the RTH button will cause the Solo to rewind and holding down the RTH will actually make it RTH.

This is independent of whatever device you use be it Android or iOS.

You may also notice that the Solo will calibrate itself more often during boot up. Other than that, it's mostly the same and will still function just fine with the 2.3 version of the Android Solo App.

Has 3DR released updated manuals, instructions, or training videos on all the 2.4 updated features?

I'd wait. It was far more stable on 2.3. Lots of unexplained glitches running Android 2.3 and Solo 2.4.

Reactions: Nick F
I'd wait. It was far more stable on 2.3. Lots of unexplained glitches running Android 2.3 and Solo 2.4.
Actually its the opposite for me. I am flying 2.4 primarily with android due to the better form factor of my Nexus7 over my iPhone 6. A lot of issues with FW 2.3 in combination with Android (MPCC, altitude limits, ..) are fixed in 2.4.

the key to 2.4 is do a compass calibration, then gyro in that order.
I even did sticks
most of the issues are addressed.
2.4 did have some bugs
Dont take off in manual, if you do and GPS is aquired it will drop rapidly for a few feet (been fixed in latest beta I hear)
when a RTH is triggered it will do a rewind first, then go into the RTH process. should not cause a problem just somethng people are not used to (also addressed in beta)
2.4 for some reason does requre a recalibration, so make sure that is done or you will see heavy drifting esp in wind

the key to 2.4 is do a compass calibration, then gyro in that order.
I even did sticks
most of the issues are addressed.
2.4 did have some bugs
Dont take off in manual, if you do and GPS is aquired it will drop rapidly for a few feet (been fixed in latest beta I hear)
when a RTH is triggered it will do a rewind first, then go into the RTH process. should not cause a problem just somethng people are not used to (also addressed in beta)
2.4 for some reason does requre a recalibration, so make sure that is done or you will see heavy drifting esp in wind
can you confirm if 2.4 app update still allows for No lImit altitude for those infrequent occasions when needed? Also does 2.4 allow a higher RTH altitude limit than previous versions? There is a communications tower near me that is almost 300ft and currently, i cannot comfortably orbit it at lower heights. Thnx.

can you confirm if 2.4 app update still allows for No lImit altitude for those infrequent occasions when needed? Also does 2.4 allow a higher RTH altitude limit than previous versions? There is a communications tower near me that is almost 300ft and currently, i cannot comfortably orbit it at lower heights. Thnx.
If you go to settings in the current app you can change the max altitude all the way up to 400 ft and even 'unlimited'. I set mine to 400' but I still get a voice notification that I have reached MAX altitude when I go past 200 ft, but it keeps going on up and I've gone to 500 ft with no problem.

If you go to settings in the current app you can change the max altitude all the way up to 400 ft and even 'unlimited'. I set mine to 400' but I still get a voice notification that I have reached MAX altitude when I go past 200 ft, but it keeps going on up and I've gone to 500 ft with no problem.
The ability to go above 400/unlimited doesn't show up though until you go and "Enable Advanced Flight Modes" in the app settings. This has been in the app since day 1 but not enabled by default.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44