3DR Announces Android App v2.4 out in "few weeks"

It's been a few weeks so I'm guessing an app update should be out any day now?

Damn though I had him on ignore
done, go hunt pokeman

I agree that Chris is using a lame excuse. Many Android devices have capable graphic systems.
He also misspoke last week when he said android would get geofence. I honestly see the typical leader in a bubble with Chris.
He screwed up and lost market to DJI because of late releases.
Then buggered away from the consumer market because he could not hang.
Fortunately there are new non 3DR options coming for PH2 free from the lack of leadership we saw at 3DR
there are some awesome folks over there. Unfortunately the are not steering the ship

Yes, once again 3dr moves closer to failure. I have an email from Vu@3dr dated one month ago today...his words then ARE PROVEN to be a lie!

My solo and 4 of 8 batteries are free...so is the 3dr backpack...4 sets of prop...THE REV B Gps Module....

I got all these items by filing a complaint with my states attorney general office (consumer fraud division) and BBB. Vu sent them, said SORRY, and told me ANDROID FIXES AND SUPPORT ONLY A WEEK AWAY. IF NOT I'LL LET YOU KNOW...HE NEVER LET ME KNOW!

Stuck with a product that only works partially, or not at all cause I chose to use android device from 3dr publicly posted compatability list...MISLEADING AND FRAUDULENT!

All my free stuff from Vu...equals my initial investment..still stuck with solo.

3dr SUCKS!

so if I can sort through that incoherent ramble you got a bunch of free stuff by threatening people and now your still mad?
get on some meds.... fast

Reactions: franknitty69
That reply From Chris came after i asked him in a nice way to respond to everyone's questions about IOS & Droid.
After his honest answers, I went & bought me a Ipad Air WiFi + Cellular 9.7" today for $125!
Best Dollars i spent on Solo.
Works better then my Galaxy & I can say i like it more! Works better with My H4B.
I'm really happy with it.

That reply From Chris came after i asked him in a nice way to respond to everyone's questions about IOS & Droid.
After his honest answers, I went & bought me a Ipad Air WiFi + Cellular 9.7" today for $125!
Best Dollars i spent on Solo.
Works better then my Galaxy & I can say i like it more! Works better with My H4B.
I'm really happy with it.
Thanks for asking him, I was about to register just to comment... Where do you get a IpadAir wifi/cellular for $125? Cheapest I see currently is $265,,,and that would maybe be ok if I didnt already buy a tablet specifically for my solo kit off the official 3dr recommended list...NVIDIA Shield. Its just not right, its fraudulent ..I expected more from Made in USA 3dr....

Thanks for asking him, I was about to register just to comment... Where do you get a IpadAir wifi/cellular for $125? Cheapest I see currently is $265,,,and that would maybe be ok if I didnt already buy a tablet specifically for my solo kit off the official 3dr recommended list...NVIDIA Shield. Its just not right, its fraudulent ..I expected more from Made in USA 3dr....
I'm in the same boat as most of you, I had/have a dedicated Droid device & my Nexus 6! Both did the job. but after i seen the way thing's are going with the Droid delay & with Chris's comments to all today, well...

Chris said that IOS will be the Device of choice from now on & that the same coders that make IOS are also doing the Droids. He also said they will try to make both as complete as possible, but IOS has a slight edge with features. So all that said, I started looking for a Ipad.

Found 2 on Craigslist today, 1 was $250 & the other was $300, Offered $125 to both & got a bite from the $250.
Both Ipad Air WiFi + Data. It was as new as it can be! Chris is also a Droid owner, Go figure LOL

He didn't have the battery charger, Cost me another $43 for Platinum Charger + wire.
brought it home, hooked up WiFi, Registered everything, installed Solo app 2.4 & it was perfect the first time,
Got all the updates....
Didn't like the idea at first, but Feel good about the transaction now.
There is a choice......
Hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: jibcamera
Hopefully the same result here.
usually a first post like that does not lead to a contributing member

He got already banned on fb, now he tries to impress here.....
Uh...still allowed on FB just for record.??? So your statement is false and fiction.

I post truthful statements that can be verified by correspondence about/with a deficient company.

To any offended by my open, direct, and fact driven response...I DO APOLOGIZE.

My comments were about 3dr... not individuals here.

Gets worse...Jason Short, who does most of the smart shots and other code, announced he was fired yesterday along with about 10 others from 3DR. Guess you don't need smart shots and cool stuff for enterprise mapping. Solo is going downhill fast... I think we might be seeing close to the last of the new features with 2.4.

Gets worse...Jason Short, who does most of the smart shots and other code, announced he was fired yesterday along with about 10 others from 3DR. Guess you don't need smart shots and cool stuff for enterprise mapping. Solo is going downhill fast... I think we might be seeing close to the last of the new features with 2.4.
If 3DR is going to drop consumer development from Solo it needs to do the only right and nobel thing and allow it to go Open Source. Let other developers pick it up. It pains me, but this will probably be my last 3DR purchase, I am going back to DIY APM builds after this!

Reactions: IceFyre13th
If 3DR is going to drop consumer development from Solo it needs to do the only right and nobel thing and allow it to go Open Source. Let other developers pick it up. It pains me, but this will probably be my last 3DR purchase, I am going back to DIY APM builds after this!

Already there, 3DR has dropped the ball and now seems to be breaking the promises made to us...................even the Solo Website has dropped the "future proof" saying they had.

It is a sad day.
Honestly I dont expect much more from 3DR. And I dont think Enterprise is going to save them. They will whither away.
My hopes now lie with the talented people who have left 3DR and are working to ensure that PH2 and Arducopter continue to advance free of 3DRs misteps and fumbles.
Sad day indeed. Solo is still technically one of the best platforms out there and 3DR squandered it away.

It is a sad day.
Honestly I dont expect much more from 3DR. And I dont think Enterprise is going to save them. They will whither away.
My hopes now lie with the talented people who have left 3DR and are working to ensure that PH2 and Arducopter continue to advance free of 3DRs misteps and fumbles.
Sad day indeed. Solo is still technically one of the best platforms out there and 3DR squandered it away.

Well said, I agree and hope those same people can help us Solo owners keep them flying as long as we can find parts. When all is working well it is still a marvel.

Someone needs to start a Solo scrapyard.

Well as to 3DR choosing one over the other "Enterprise" or just plug N play "consumer"

I am willing the bet that way too many people took advantage of 3DR's customer support" Before they wised up" & went OVERBOARD to please the customers.
Almost guarantied replacement or money back warranty.

They wanted to be better the DJI in customer support & they did! but at the cost of the burden of the lower profits.
I know for a fact that many people have drowned 3DR for replacements or money back over & over again, all when unit was fine.

Not saying that there wasn't legitimate claims, I'm sure they was/are, but replacing units like candy & even add $500 GoPro's to the candy list was too much.

I believe 3DR's past tech. support style has helped them to choose "Enterprise" over "Consumer"

Not looking for arguments, just my opinion that If my experience "Over 1 year" with 3DR & Solo has any reference to quality & performance to all others unit's that been sold to date, then there has been advantage taken over a new company's novice way of Customer Support.

DJI learned their lessons a long time ago with consumer support.

Facebook in the mod club: Security Check Required
Yesterday was my last day at 3DR. I'm going to keep modding and doing fun things with Solo because I love this platform. But I'll no longer have insight into what 3DR is up to or when releases are scheduled. It was fun while it lasted.
And also his profile: Security Check Required
There were about 10 of us laid off today.

Jason created Pano and zipline and some others I'm sure. Always trying to help solve problems like range and even came up with ways for us Android folks to test out these smartshots before they made their way into the app. There is some posted code of his to extend range. Hopefully some of that makes it into a future version.

Reactions: jibcamera

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44