0 Satelites 99.99 HDOP - Log -> MSG PreArm Need 3d Fix (HW 7000 SW)

Reaction score
Website
www.digitalatmosphere.com.au
Hi there,

Well I have a bit of an issue here while I wait for a mini8 to arrive. You see over here in Australia the lock on is not so good with the default and so I had gotten what seemed to be an M8N NEO ublox, only to find that it wasn't and was counterfeit.

So I decided to put back the old GPS until the new ones arrive and now from the logs I am getting no satellites at all with above message. Any hints, help would be great. I don't think being in Australia will help in getting the bird to 3DR and also I have 1000mw Etheros cards in the Controller and Bird with linear helical antennas (lol). So out of warranty here for sure....

Once this is done I'll post on the cards and fitting them as they are pretty solid and power consumption is not too bad and not over heating. anyway back to GPS if you can help that would be great..

I have also attached my latest few logs if that helps me and of course you. :)

Attachments

• RECENT.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
That is likely to be a cable/connection issue. Possible a pin in one of the connectors not seated properly. Also be sure the shielding is in place but not touching the board.

Reactions: Brebs
Thanks for the heads up Mate!
As to WiFi cards, just reinstall originals..
If counterfeit, please give of more info, like where NOT to buy from ?.

Hey there,

I'll post up where the GPS counterfeits come from. Being this region, we get a load of copies and the terminology doesn't help.

The Wifi boards are Microtik 2Hnd 2.4 Ghz @ 1000Mw. So I used PCIE extensions to fit them. I'll post that later. The GPS is the current issue with the Molex Clik-Mate connectors. Testing that out now and will post my findings.

Reactions: SteveReno
Hey there,

I'll post up where the GPS counterfeits come from. Being this region, we get a load of copies and the terminology doesn't help.

The Wifi boards are Microtik 2Hnd 2.4 Ghz @ 1000Mw. So I used PCIE extensions to fit them. I'll post that later. The GPS is the current issue with the Molex Clik-Mate connectors. Testing that out now and will post my findings.
I installed the same card about a year ago the 800Mw flavor. Never a probelm, but benefits minor. Never could get the ramp up TX.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo