On The Fence? Need a 2nd Solo? $599 WITH Gimbal..New

Yeah, I have learn to deal with it but I feel the wait takes from the flight time because it is consuming batteries as it waits to get a gps lock.
Yep watching batteries drain is frustrating at times. Especially when the surf is pumping and the light is fading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GorData
Ahhh 3rd solo purchsaed from B&H who also have the $599 deal. I like B&H.

@SurfnSkate81 have you by chance tried the IMP Concepts GPS shield mod? Not the cardboard. I had the cardboard on my oldest Solo and switched them all to the 3D printed shield with copper tape and now I usually get GPS lock before the app has finished connecting. Best 13 bucks I ever spent (well there was that one time in Thailand... but I digress).

Reactions: RPM and GorData
Ahhh 3rd solo purchsaed from B&H who also have the $599 deal. I like B&H.

@SurfnSkate81 have you by chance tried the IMP Concepts GPS shield mod? Not the cardboard. I had the cardboard on my oldest Solo and switched them all to the 3D printed shield with copper tape and now I usually get GPS lock before the app has finished connecting. Best 13 bucks I ever spent (well there was that one time in Thailand... but I digress).
I have the mod from Ian at IMP concepts. I had it on my old Solo and I thought it worked great, but didn't put it on my new Solo and can't tell any difference.

Where I'm at a lot of the time I'm blocked by rather large buildings. Other locations in the open I'm good to go in a minute or two at max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Final got my bird today, ups truck broke down the day prior....:(

I got the green Ver. GPS board. I'm cool with that. So this was New Old stock out of BB in OK City.

Reactions: Solo Keith
crap my new one with the old gps just locked with 1.3 hdop and 8 sats on my dinning room table
took two minutes
Same for me Pyrate. Got the new one fired up this morning after updating. In our office building in a room with no outside walls It was ready to fly with 8 sats in about a minute and a half.. Not bad..

Reactions: pyrate
I have to get to BB to pick mine up. It's been waiting for me but I've been too darn busy to get it. already have an extra M8N GPS module and cable if I want to swap. I also have a 2.4gz MIMO booster I want to test out. Never tried it with the WiFI card upgraded bird.

I only have one GoPro so my gut tells me to make sure the new one works, then just keep it stored as backup until needed. It certainly opens up possibilities of more mods to my original. I always wanted to put new antennas directly on the Solo.

Believe it or not the biggest bonus for me right now is the extra charger.

Reactions: RichWest
It's just occurred to me that I could literally buy 4 solo's with what I just spent at the dentist this month.

that second solo, which will just be a back up just afforded me my 3rd charge and 6th battery
good to go. I actually am going to make my original the back up cause this one I just got gets lock crazy fast.

Reactions: Benzo
Someone please give me a good excuse to tell my girl why I need another Solo. She knows all of mine already & ain't falling for it

B&H and amazon also have the $599 bundle deal which is much better than the $799 deal from 3dr. On the other hand, when you add $499 cam to the price, it is not a very good deal comparing to P3P which is widely available at $850.

B&H and amazon also have the $599 bundle deal which is much better than the $799 deal from 3dr. On the other hand, when you add $499 cam to the price, it is not a very good deal comparing to P3P which is widely available at $850.
Hero 4 blacks are about $350 new. Down to $300 occasionally.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig