On The Fence? Need a 2nd Solo? $599 WITH Gimbal..New

Flying number two on vacation because didn't get GPS fixed on 1 before we left. So far so good
I got the motors switched over but needed to test the new gimbal

Mine is coming from OKCity, OK...hope it is a shipping hub. Either way it's a $650 Solo with gimbal and a 1 year warranty. It's a bargain all day long in my book. And yes, I'm fully vested in Solo or rather the ArduCopter and PixHawk2 side of the equation.

For all you fence sitters, don't buy. It gives me the opportunity to buy another at my leisure...one is none, two is one and three is a flock!
I thought 3 was a gaggle. No?

Amazon had the same deal but now it says unavailable. I got the Solo/Gimbal deal from them for $599.

I picked up from BB last week, haven't unboxed anything yet. I wonder if we'll see anymore crazy deals or even better/closeout deals. I'm not exactly sure what 3DR has in mind since they're focusing on commercial ventures now. Curious if retail outlets will still carry this stuff in the near future.

crap my new one with the old gps just locked with 1.3 hdop and 8 sats on my dinning room table
took two minutes
There must be differences in the later birds. I just got latest deal from Amazon and have gone through the update, gimbal install etc. Noticed the latest box includes leg extensions (my original did not) and it includes the Gopro lens shade in the gimbal box. I just test flew it this morning and it locks on GPS much faster than my first Solo. Like Pyrate, I got satellite lock on the kitchen table. I just powered it a second time outside and got 14 GPS sats and an HDOP of 0.7, which I have never gotten before. My best was 12. Does anyone know if we can get a new GPS board from 3DR or exchange for a modified board for our original Solo models?? I'm assuming it isn't software, cause the old one still takes a while to lock. I was considering the M8N GPS retrofit, but if 3DR can supply a better board, it would be easier.

There must be differences in the later birds. I just got latest deal from Amazon and have gone through the update, gimbal install etc. Noticed the latest box includes leg extensions (my original did not) and it includes the Gopro lens shade in the gimbal box. I just test flew it this morning and it locks on GPS much faster than my first Solo. Like Pyrate, I got satellite lock on the kitchen table. I just powered it a second time outside and got 14 GPS sats and an HDOP of 0.7, which I have never gotten before. My best was 12. Does anyone know if we can get a new GPS board from 3DR or exchange for a modified board for our original Solo models?? I'm assuming it isn't software, cause the old one still takes a while to lock. I was considering the M8N GPS retrofit, but if 3DR can supply a better board, it would be easier.

I just opened mine from BB. No leg extenders. Must be fairly old stock.

mine too, but damn it lockes gps crazy fast and it is on the original board. Due to a failure my solo 1 will be sporting the new gps
should be interesting to compare the two

You can't buy them through 3DR. If you make enough noise and send your bird back, they might swap out the board.

So any idea why some are getting crazy fast locking on the old green board?
Good question. Some of it has to do with software I am sure. I just put a new 3dr EMI shield on my original no. 1 Solo. It doesn't lock up as fast as the Solo I just got the other day(which as a poster above pointed out, still has the copper shield), and both have green gps boards. My old one did get satellite lock (7 sats @ 1.2 HDOP) within 2 minutes, which was quicker than I had been getting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig