On The Fence? Need a 2nd Solo? $599 WITH Gimbal..New

Reaction score
Promo at Best Buy has the Solo at $599 with free gimbal... Buy a spare or get your first... Is this a sign of new pricing?

Included Free
1050005982_pr6.png;maxHeight=105;maxWidth=105

$20 TO SPEND OR 8x8 PHOTO BOOK - Shutterfly [Digital Download Add-On]
CHOOSE YOUR FREE GIFT: $20 TO SPEND OR 8x8 PHOTO BOOK
BestBuy.com account required. Instructions to redeem are usually e-mailed within 1 hr.
5352061_ra.jpg;maxHeight=105;maxWidth=105

3DR - Solo Gimbal - Black
3D Robotics Gimbal for Solo Drones:
This stabilizing, 3-axis gimbal for the 3DR Solo drone gives you unprecedented remote control over your compatible GoPro action camera (sold separately). Rotate and tilt the camera, start and stop recording, take photos and adjust camera settings — all while your drone is up to a half mile away. Plus, the gimbal charges your camera in flight so you never miss a shot.

I am betting that deal will not be beat for a while
now I have 3 gimbals and two solos

You have also invested heavily in this platform, I hope you get many happy hours of flight :) Would be good to have a backup especially in the long hot summer.

You can fly one then let the motors cool while you fly the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have T-motors in my original that just suffered a GPS issue that 3DR is taking care of for me.
Those t-motors are barely warm after 4 batteries in 90 degree heat

honestly even if you just got this and parted it out you could not lose
200 bucks in motors
199 in gimbal
99 in shell
Pixhawk 2 ?
Main Solo Board ?
Controller 199

Reactions: prowler9 and Benzo
IF I only had the spare $$$ Car repairs, ugh!!

So, why the price cut? Solo and gimbal are still $999 at the 3DR store.

Yeup, the price has to go down. As far as I heard, the competition is doing some damage, so, natural way to go is making them more accessible. Besides, a year has gone by, time to revise pricing and strategy for whatever is coming. Also, retailers rule: when inventory is pyling up, time to get rid of it before it becomes a burden.

Reactions: RichWest
Yeup, the price has to go down. As far as I heard, the competition is doing some damage, so, natural way to go is making them more accessible. Besides, a year has gone by, time to revise pricing and strategy for whatever is coming. Also, retailers rule: when inventory is pyling up, time to get rid of it before it becomes a burden.
not a 3DR deal, this is bestbuy doing a sale not a strategic price change.

Geez lol, less than half of what we originally paid for it.
Was at BB yesterday, this store never stocked Solo, they had 8 P3's sitting in front of the store on clearance racks...seems the market is saturated or the frenzy is over...

Like Pyrate, the parts alone are worth more. He did forget to itemize the battery, btw. This is a ridiculously low price for what you are getting. Being that it's a PH2 platform alone makes the value that much greater. Possibly I'm missing something, but this is a no brainer.

Reactions: PdxSteve
forgot the battery, that brings me to 6 so I am thinking Damn back to long charge times waiting on a charger
then I forgot new charged twooooo so now 6 Batteries and 3 Charges wohoo

Reactions: Jammey Dodger
I have T-motors in my original that just suffered a GPS issue that 3DR is taking care of for me.
Those t-motors are barely warm after 4 batteries in 90 degree heat
Hello how was tmotors performance?

Just took them up on the sale! Gimbal definitely comes with it at no charge. Shows up on the order receipt at $0.00. Already have 4 T-motors mounted on pods ready to go. I'll keep the gimbal as a spare and used the fixed mount for scans and should get a little more flight time (acres) on a battery.

Reactions: Benzo and RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig