On The Fence? Need a 2nd Solo? $599 WITH Gimbal..New

I've owned my Solo for 3 months. Nearly 1/3 of that time was spent broken with two different warranty replacements. It's tempting to have a spare on hand based on this.

Why, so you can crash more? Lol
ha ha. No. Both cases were IMU failures on the ground that prevented the Solo from even arming for takeoff. A very rare failure, that I have now had twice in 2 months.

Unless 3DR posts it, then its retailers reacting to Best Buy

it's not a 3DR thing; they're not happy about it either. I suspect it's BestBuy clearing their shelves; they're struggling like most of the other big-box. $599.00 is significantly lower than dealer cost on an already margin-challenged product.

No I am guessing they are not, they were already heading enterprise, but they kind of have to step up too
Retailers would just as soon sold them at better margins.
Solo PR shots themselves in the foot a lot.

Strange routing on the BestBuy $599 special, I received it next day and no sales tax in MT. Evidently they are shipping from the nearest store, in my case 65 miles away, but via FEDX routing it a took a several hundred mile trip.
Yes... I know, useless information. No flying today, rain and snow in the mountains.

Mine is coming from OKCity, OK...hope it is a shipping hub. Either way it's a $650 Solo with gimbal and a 1 year warranty. It's a bargain all day long in my book. And yes, I'm fully vested in Solo or rather the ArduCopter and PixHawk2 side of the equation.

For all you fence sitters, don't buy. It gives me the opportunity to buy another at my leisure...one is none, two is one and three is a flock!

Mine is coming from OKCity, OK...hope it is a shipping hub. Either way it's a $650 Solo with gimbal and a 1 year warranty. It's a bargain all day long in my book. And yes, I'm fully vested in Solo or rather the ArduCopter and PixHawk2 side of the equation.

For all you fence sitters, don't buy. It gives me the opportunity to buy another at my leisure...one is none, two is one and three is a flock!

Couldn't resist the deal. I could spend more buying spare parts. Got one from Amazon for 599. I was holding out for a Typhoon H to add to my flock. So 3 solos and 1 P3P. Now I need a new workshop space. In deep drone city....

Brownie points if you know what is wrong with this picture from Best Buy Ad...5 Sec time limit..

rownie points
5351035cv11d.jpg;canvasHeight=550;canvasWidth=642

I got one from Best Buy today. To good of a deal to pass up and have two birds in the air until I need parts on one of them for whatever reason.

Couldn't resist the deal. I could spend more buying spare parts. Got one from Amazon for 599. I was holding out for a Typhoon H to add to my flock. So 3 solos and 1 P3P. Now I need a new workshop space. In deep drone city....
I really wanted the Typhoon H also but have read to many reports lately about camera issues etc. That and with the Best Buy $599 price I can't ignore the huge price differential just for retractable landing gear and a 360 degree rotating camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus