On The Fence? Need a 2nd Solo? $599 WITH Gimbal..New

yeah the gimbal was a shocker.
already had mine in the air, flew great
now when I get my other one fixed up for bad GPS I have two complete birds and another year of one under warranty
that deal was just too sweet

Reactions: Jubalr
Not the one I got, it had the green original
the new one is black
having said that I got 9 stats and 1.6 within minutes of powering up the very first time.
I think the one I got was still fairly older stock. Came without the leg extensions. But it flew great. normal gimbal vibes but I had not balanced props or motors just threw it in the air to see what it would do
It went out 2500 feet before losing signal high altitude out over my house so as not to disturb neighbors. Was the first time I was able to point the camera at a spot and hit A in orbit and it actually orbited what I was pointing at. MPCC worked without an issue RTH was accurate. The update went very smooth.

Probably the same reason any retailer lowers a price. Not selling well at the current price, so lower it a bit and see if people bite.

with some of the sillyness lately with 3DR it was tempting to not wade deeper in.
But they made good on my service issue and Vu told me they are not abandoning android. My guess is they are just conracting it out.

But the real interesting stuff is what is happening with the DIY guys and Pixhawk 2 beyond 3DR
when they get PH2 Rebased to arducopter and offer it as a standalone FC and carrier boards for different applications it should get interesting.
That will give Solo a life way beyond 3DR

They are giving the gimbals away because there's rumor of gimbal 2 coming out soon.

Well what do you know, my post is gone.

I was at a 3DR Solo distributor talking to a salesman. He told me they were told by 3DR to try and sell all their gimbals. It would be up to the store to drop the prices or have sales like BB is doing. Anyway, he said he was told there's a gimbal 2 that will be released soon that is able to house different cameras. This all he knew but thought the 360 degree camera would be one.

Search web and facebook for Pixhawk 2, Ardupilot Solo Mod
Not a single source, DIY rarely is

Well what do you know, my post is gone.

I was at a 3DR Solo distributor talking to a salesman. He told me they were told by 3DR to try and sell all their gimbals. It would be up to the store to drop the prices or have sales like BB is doing. Anyway, he said he was told there's a gimbal 2 that will be released soon that is able to house different cameras. This all he knew but thought the 360 degree camera would be one.
That doesn't make much sense though if they are for DIFFERENT cameras. Why would they lower the price of the "gopro" gimbal unless they had a newer single gopro gimbal coming out? It's not like they are going to make a Sony gimbal that also works with gopros. It will only work with the Sony (different weight, different form factor/weight distribution, different connections/bus, etc). Same with a Kodak camera.

Best buy is just pricing surplus inventory to move.
It really is not more complicated than that.

3DR did not change their price, nor did any of the other major retailers
Just Best Buy who apparently bought too many

Saw this weekend that Fry's is throwing in a free gimbal now, but at the regular $799 price.

London Drugs is throwing in free gimbals as well with purchase of the Solo @ $799

Reactions: RPM

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snarus