At Best Buy: Backpacks sold out, props on backorder, looks like we are winding down

Yea im glad I got a new extra gimbal from BB last night.

that was one thing i was contemplating getting. i have the backpack bundle coming with the pre installed gimbal and i would hate it if that broke and i had a drone with no camera mount

I think it's going to be very interesting to see what happens when the well goes dry. With this liquidation sale, they have sold thousands. Perhaps the company that 3DR contracted in China, to make the Solo, might just fire the machines back up. I doubt that they destroyed all the molds, jigs, etc. etc. that they created to manufacture the Solo. That is unless DJI got there first, and burnt everything.

I think it's going to be very interesting to see what happens when the well goes dry. With this liquidation sale, they have sold thousands. Perhaps the company that 3DR contracted in China, to make the Solo, might just fire the machines back up. I doubt that they destroyed all the molds, jigs, etc. etc. that they created to manufacture the Solo. That is unless DJI got there first, and burnt everything.
I'm sure 3DR has licensing/manufacturing/distribution restrictions in place to prevent any legal alternative to what you describe. Of course... China has little regard for US patent and copyright laws.

Well the Phantom vultures have not dropped theirs so don't hold your breath even though DJI just killed all 3's and the basic 4 as of a couple days ago.

BTW nice to see that the Solo uses a standard prop that I have been using on quads for years. Makes stockpiling them a non issue. 10x4.5 is as common as hens teeth. Now to find a 3 blade for it and get more lift...hmmm.
Well the Phantom vultures have not dropped theirs so don't hold your breath even though DJI just killed all 3's and the basic 4 as of a couple days ago.

BTW nice to see that the Solo uses a standard prop that I have been using on quads for years. Makes stockpiling them a non issue. 10x4.5 is as common as hens teeth. Now to find a 3 blade for it and get more lift...hmmm.
MR - Drone Propellers – Master Airscrew

Try these if you want some great lift

Reactions: Todd123
I picked up a deal at BB a couple of days ago. Open box Solo with the gimbal, second battery, and extra props for $235. It was $270, but I had $35 in other discounts through my rewards account. They didn't have the battery or extra props in the store, but they shipped them to my home and they arrived the next day.

I had to spend time chatting with tech support to get the drone, controller and app all talking. I think someone messed it up and then returned it. It's all working now. It was a really great deal!

Reactions: Todd123
I know this is getting played out, but I did not see this mentioned. Looks like the price for batteries and gimbals have just gone back up on BestBuys site. $69 for batteries and $64 for the gimbal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The whipsaw continues. Gimbals are back to $40 and if you order the $300 Solo package, instead of getting an additional set of props, you get another gimbal so the extras are now another battery and 2 gimbals.

Wow. Another gimbal instead of props! What a trade! Batteries are $29.99. hahaha

Last edited:
Wow. Another gimbal instead of props! What a trade! Batteries are $29.99. hahaha
They are in store only. I just ordered the back pack one. Does that include ONE battery? Not an extra? It does not say it includes a battery. I value the backpack more so I will return the kit I originally ordered for $299 that included prop and extra battery. Then also return the 2nd gimbal I ordered.

Interesting. I tried buying an open box the other day from BB. Manager would not give me the freebies. He said that the bonus parts was only if I purchased a sealed box. Good deal for you emailguy.

So my original order was the solo, free gimbal, free props (they were sold out so I was unable to add these), and free battery. For $299. I then ordered an extra gimbal for $40.

I will be returning that package.

I today ordered the solo with preinstalled gimbal, and free extra gimbal, and free back pack. Then I will buy the battery at BB back for $29.99 and save $10 total :) score

Damn. This is now the 3x one I have bought and need to return the others. The deals keep getting better and better.

Damn x 2. I need to go and have them price match all my batteries. Haha. That's another $20 for 4 batteries.

Just got back from BB.
Bought another with 2 gimbals and battery $299
However batteries aren't available in store or online so they took off $30. Net $270:cool:

Reactions: faustiano
OMG. They are going to love me. I have 26 batteries and 5 Solos. Looks like they owe me 5 Gimbals and 5$ off per battery. Ugh! Just when I thought I was done with this... The madness needs to end. Sell out already :)

The whipsaw continues. Gimbals are back to $40 and if you order the $300 Solo package, instead of getting an additional set of props, you get another gimbal so the extras are now another battery and 2 gimbals.

great now what. i bought the backpackless bundle, then couldn't get the backpack separate so i ordered the backpack bundle. do i dare try and return 2 drones to buy the same dang thing to save $40 to get a free gimbal. i called customer service since i haven't received backpack bundle yet to see if it could be added on. CS rep said it came from factory with extra, doesn't seem correct i believe she sees only 1 but that's fine, so i would need to return that one to rebuy to get a free gimbal. is it really worth it and/or will best buy even let me return more items.

Price matched three batteries today. Ordered another non backpack bundle. Going to return the original bundle I got with the props. Wonder if I can buy the props after returning it. Everything but the battery was at a local Best Buy for same day pickup. The battery is being shipped and suppose to be delivered by next Tuesday. When I do the return, I'll have to return a battery since the new bundle spare battery will be coming by mail. I'll see about buying it in addition to the prop set I have to return.

I'll let you know how my adventure goes tomorrow. Not much they can really do, as I can order new backpack kits (at the moment). I had ordered 3 spare gimbals which will need to go back or be given to me free depending on how they want to frame it, but It will save me $120 for extra gimbals and I should receive 1 more free for the regular kit if I return the props (no problem, I have lots) and then $130 for the battery price adjustment. I think its going to be a bit painful, but I cannot resist.

Don't forget, ALL the backpack bundles come with the ver 2 GPS (black) Most of the non backpack kits have the original GPS, (green)

Thank you for the reminder. Don't need any back steps here, even though many have a great experience with version one, and at least there are simple remedies.

I think most everything left is Ver2. 2 circles on sticker, sticker on bottom of box, and Serial as noted at the beginning are all of the identifiers I have seen thus far. Not one of the backpacks I have seen are version one, so I concur.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44