At Best Buy: Backpacks sold out, props on backorder, looks like we are winding down

My gimbal just shipped. It is coming from my local Best Buy store. They should have called, I would have swung by and picked it up......

I cannot see how Best Buy can make any money with all the discounts and free shipping they do. I bought 4 sets of props at $3.99 each and each was shipped from a different location. They have to be in the hole on that overall transaction.....

Here's a guy who needs to rot in hell. And no wonder the supplies at Best Buy are drying up!

speedstuffsales | eBay

Yeah, He's buying kits and breaking them up to sell them piecemeal. Don't know how much he's making off of each kits but he's apparently bought at least a dozen. That's a pretty good chunk of change to drop in any event.

My gimbal just shipped. It is coming from my local Best Buy store. They should have called, I would have swung by and picked it up......

I cannot see how Best Buy can make any money with all the discounts and free shipping they do. I bought 4 sets of props at $3.99 each and each was shipped from a different location. They have to be in the hole on that overall transaction.....

Does make you wonder since, according to an article I read somewhere (Forbes? don't remember), the Solo cost $750 to build.

Here's a guy who needs to rot in hell. And no wonder the supplies at Best Buy are drying up!

speedstuffsales | eBay
As you noted earlier, American free enterprise at work. That's OK, he/she is assuming a risk that the product won't sell as quickly or for as much as he expects and will have to carry the inventory until it does as well as the costs of listing and fulfilling orders. I bought a 2nd drone strictly as insurance for parts if needed. The community coalescing around the Solo will likely find ways to share parts as well as stories and expertise. Ebay can be a back-up source.

Reactions: bbenlv and Whisky56
This is how Best Buy sent me four sets of propellers! They must be desperate to clear inventory. Good customer service though, lots better than simply cancelling my order.

Attachments

• IMG_20170120_114346.jpg
    IMG_20170120_114346.jpg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Does make you wonder since, according to an article I read somewhere (Forbes? don't remember), the Solo cost $750 to build.

i remember seeing that. crazy to think it that was the cost to build and some of us are getting whole kits for $300

Last edited:
i remember seeing that. crazy to think it that was the cost to build and some of us are gotta get whole kits for $300

I've been fortunate to pick up a couple of good deals (a new Solo body only, some individual bits, and a bundle that included a PeauPro 82d) on eBay prior to jumping on the Best Buy site. I think my little squadron is now complete. Got my props (stock and APC) balanced last night, now to work on the Sorbothane, flat HDMI, and mBo mods this weekend (since the weather is going to suck I might as well knock them out).

My 2 cents.
When the P4 crashed, $1000's buried.
When the Solo crashed, $299. In most cases, the Gopro survived. The Solo's advertised as modular design for a good reason.

Just bought my first Solo...$199 open box Christmas return (with gimbal)...so, it is a cheap intro to recreational drone flying!

Good snag! But you'll be out a lot more than $200 before it is all said and done.....
Well, that is true with any drone, I figured. Can't buy a Phantom 1 for $200 used on Craigslist.

I am not completely new to flying, I fly one at work. Just never bought my own.

Reactions: Todd123
Without a doubt, the Solo is the best buy out there, for now and while they last. Probably the best buy for the quality and capabilities we will ever see. I secretly hope someone will buy the rights to the machine and keep the lineage going but I suppose that is pretty unlikely.

Just picked up three extra gimbals at $39.99. The sales guy told me they were the last they had available for sale or to order - could be we're really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Reactions: Whisky56
Just wish I could sell my whole setup, drone, backpack 4 Batteries gimbal extra blades everything, going to take a beating on it has less than an hour of flight time

Just wish I could sell my whole setup, drone, backpack 4 Batteries gimbal extra blades everything, going to take a beating on it has less than an hour of flight time

I'd try eBay. There are several sets out there (a few of which are priced a bit ridiculously IMHO). You never know. While they're cheap and easy to get right now, that won't last forever. And from what I've read the cheap prices aren't transferring overseas, so you might be able to get a reasonable return on it if you go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986