At Best Buy: Backpacks sold out, props on backorder, looks like we are winding down

Not sure if this helps anyone, but I purchased the Solo backpack bundle on Sunday (1-21-17) and at that time it did not include the extra gimbal. Fast forward to a few days later, now the backpack bundle comes with an extra gimbal for free. I really didn't feel like packing up the Solo, returning it and reordering it, so I just called customer service and told them that they added a free item to a bundle I purchased a day after I purchased it and asked if they could send me a free gimbal. He quickly offered me a 10% credit instead, which covers about 85% the extra gimbal. I just turned around will use that $30 towards purchasing an extra gimbal that will net out to costing me $9.99 before taxes. For me, the 10 bucks is worth the time and effort of bringing it all to the store and I got $30 just for asking. Just good to know that their CS was willing to make it right without any hassle.

Reactions: SARDG
Rev A & Rev B == plAceBo effect.
Next, try placing Solo facing N, E, S, W, NW, SW, SE, NE to observe the speed of GPS lock.

Ok should i do that it in that order? My rev A is taking longer than my rev B when i do it in the order you have listed. :)

Not sure if this helps anyone, but I purchased the Solo backpack bundle on Sunday (1-21-17) and at that time it did not include the extra gimbal. Fast forward to a few days later, now the backpack bundle comes with an extra gimbal for free. I really didn't feel like packing up the Solo, returning it and reordering it, so I just called customer service and told them that they added a free item to a bundle I purchased a day after I purchased it and asked if they could send me a free gimbal. He quickly offered me a 10% credit instead, which covers about 85% the extra gimbal. I just turned around will use that $30 towards purchasing an extra gimbal that will net out to costing me $9.99 before taxes. For me, the 10 bucks is worth the time and effort of bringing it all to the store and I got $30 just for asking. Just good to know that their CS was willing to make it right without any hassle.

nice work, i called CS and they told me i could just go in without the items since they could see what was on the order at the store. i was in the same boat i was not looking forward to getting another order together to return for a better deal either.

you opened the one i was pretty sure was a ver b. i don't think we know for sure when they switch but noticed that if your number is A5A1 it was high enough. the A590 is either just before the switch or at the beginning. i haven't seen anyone open one with that number. if you go to the above link you posted there was someone on page 2 i believe that had a A5A09 s/n and had the rev b board.

Both are ver A over here. I've only had limited experience with Solo at this point, but for those who understand, it's dat OCD.

Rev A, Rev B, meh...both suck in congested area's. I have one with a RevB, and one with the mRO upgrade.
I can get the go ahead to fly with the mRO in about a minute in a heavily surrounded area, ie dense tree's, hillsides and houses and take to the air with an HDOP of .9.
If I get above the houses, but still under the level of the hills and tree's, my sats increase and hdop drops.

While I am burning electrons in flight with the mRO equipped unit, my Rev B, is still sitting there with 5 sats and an HDOP of 2.4 if I remember correctly, and no fly.

So with that, I say this. If you only fly in wide open spaces, Rev A or B is fine.
If you sometimes need to fly in less than ideal locations that does not have a full open view of the sky, then the mRO unit is a must.

I did the same and got a $64 credit because the Gimble was listed at this price on the website at the time I called them. Originally paid $275 for the backpack bundle last week (availed $25 visa checkout promotion) and got a $64 credit now. I am loving my $211 3DR :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44