At Best Buy: Backpacks sold out, props on backorder, looks like we are winding down

Reaction score
Website
www.macswebs.com
The scalpers are a-plenty on ebay. Kind of ticks me off but anymore it seems to be the American way. Best Buy has no backpacks. I just ordered more props and they are on backorder, no idea if I'll ever get them. I ordered another gimbal to have a spare. I'm sure stock is thinning out and what is left is being snatched up by the scalpers to sell on ebay and Amazon for 4-5 times the original prices.

Get what you can while you can.

The props may be partially my fault. I ordered 10 sets today and got my tracking on them about 20 min later. 2 spare gimbals and 8 batteries. I have still not flown the drone. I got my 50.00 learn to fly drone today to start practice.

Hope you get your props.

Reactions: gmeeth
The props may be partially my fault. I ordered 10 sets today and got my tracking on them about 20 min later. 2 spare gimbals and 8 batteries. I have still not flown the drone. I got my 50.00 learn to fly drone today to start practice.

Hope you get your props.

I feel pretty confident you're definitely going to destroy your drone in some freak crash before needing to use up those 10 sets of spare propellers! It's just a numbers game. Granted, this might happen three years from now. But eventually the drone will go down hard, and it's just terribly unlikely you'll destroy 5 full sets of propellers before that happens.

Still, you'll be able to sell them on Ebay so that's your advantage.

Gimbal is no longer on sale. Its now on clearance... for a higher price. Wondering if the other accessories will be following.

It looks like they are restocking items almost daily. I ordered some more batteries yesterday, and they appear back-ordered for 2 weeks, however at this time they appear to be fulfilling them. The backpack kits seem to be back in stock online.

I'm done, 6 Solo's, and no I ain't selling none of them! I'm still very curious as to just how many of these things exist.

From my order last night, gimbal and props, the gimbal will be on its way soon, the props are showing a back order until February 15. I'm assuming I'll never see them. Will need to be careful with my remaining props.

Best Buy has updated its website it looks like, the backpack isn't listed anymore and the gimbal is listed as clearance at $60 now

Curious that supplies are drying up just as DJI announces the discontinuation of the P4 and some other stuff. Maybe Solo sales have really hurt them.

Hope you get your props.
Make sure you check the batteries when you get them. I ordered 2 spare a few weeks ago when this price, one was DOA outta the box when I tried to charge it. They exchanged no problems.

Curious that supplies are drying up just as DJI announces the discontinuation of the P4 and some other stuff. Maybe Solo sales have really hurt them.

My 2 cents.
When the P4 crashed, $1000's buried.
When the Solo crashed, $299. In most cases, the Gopro survived. The Solo's advertised as modular design for a good reason.

Just got the confirmation that the gimbal and props have shipped. Got the gimbal just in time before they switched to the higher (?) clearance price.

I got so many different shipping confirmations, it looks like each of the 4 sets of props I bought are coming from different locations. Good thing for free shipping.

Good point. I just opened one of my Solos and it appears to have a stabilization issue(hopefully just some calibration issue). I am going to check all spares out at this point.

I got so many different shipping confirmations, it looks like each of the 4 sets of props I bought are coming from different locations.

Yes, you can definitely see the last of the inventory dwindling fast and ebay postings increasing. I guess you could still pickup a backpack through best buy if you buy the solo backpack package deal...return the rest of the items. I don't know if it will work. I need someone to try and report back. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986