At Best Buy: Backpacks sold out, props on backorder, looks like we are winding down

Gimbals still on sale here @ $39,95, batteries 34.99. If not for proprietary GoPro ONLY camera restrictions on this drone, I would be buying more~~ but for now, one’s enough. 3DR customer service is 3DR no service. My new drone came with documentation in French~~ thankfully, I speak the language fluently, but what about the guy in line behind me waiting to buy his new $299 Solo??
A chintzy mounting plate for the gimbal doesn’t stay in place. It has 2 tiny plastic tabs, little more than one mm, extending out from the plate to slots where they’re supposed to slide in and hold the mount securely. Look too hard at it and the plate falls down.....
The gimbal, while wedded to GoPro cameras, is an excellent value at $39,95. At Christmastime, Samsung and BestBuy chipped in together for one amazing deal, and my girlfriend’s old phone was on its deathbed. She got a great new Samsung smartphone, and I got a brand new Solo with controller, gimbal, 3 batteries, backpack, and extra props
3DR has put its consumer customer base out to pasture, in favor of a number of megabuxly priced commercial and industrial Solo drones with esoteric software, and price tags looking more like what I paid for my last car~~~
This company digs its grave deeper by the day. With a few modifications, the Solo is a good product~~ when they go bankrupt, the occasion will afford to us many attractive purchase opportunities. Their ship is already sunk~~ just watch and wait.......

I’m open to ideas for a good FPV camera with footprint matching the GoPro. Hero 4 black comes in at $300+-- this is a low budget drone-- any ideas, suggestions? --

Make me an offer, cash or trade, that I can’t refuse, and perhaps we can do business ===
Thanks

I'm done, 6 Solo's, and no I ain't selling none of them! I'm still very curious as to just how many of these things exist.
I guarantee you more Solos were manufactured than Cessna 172's. A weird analogy until you dissect all the FAR Part 107 regs that commercial use of a Solo falls under.

wasn't the initial manufacturer order for 60k units and then a couple months later, they placed a 40k unit order.
If all were made, then that means there is around 100k total out there with many still in the box sitting on floors.
PCH, I may have the manufacturer's name wrong, didn't get paid so now they are trying to get something back even at a loss.

Thing is, isn't 3dr still using the solo as a base for that super expensive new gimbal and Sony cam for industrial work?

I bought a Solo backpack combo and 4 spare batts, along with another gimbal and extra props, but I'm hard pressed not to buy another $299 kit and a few more batteries just because its a screaming deal and I love my Solo.

In my area, there are still plenty of excellent condition open box bundles ready for pickup today for $269.

The scalpers are a-plenty on ebay. Kind of ticks me off but anymore it seems to be the American way. Best Buy has no backpacks. I just ordered more props and they are on backorder, no idea if I'll ever get them. I ordered another gimbal to have a spare. I'm sure stock is thinning out and what is left is being snatched up by the scalpers to sell on ebay and Amazon for 4-5 times the original prices.

Get what you can while you can.
Gimbals on Amazon going for $43.52....

damn, all the props are sold out.. I had a bunch in my cart and went to put the kids to bed. Fell asleep and they were gone when I woke up. :( I think I only have 8 good ones left for 2 solos. Wonder what quality the open boxes ones will be, I could pick up another pair or two at least to hold me over.

edit: literally you snooze you lose huh?

Last edited:
there is a link in an earlier post listing the APC and Master Airscrew replacement props for the solo

All ,I bought 3sets site scan direct from 3DR. All the packages got sent n arrived 4weeks advert to Aussie . No back orders !!! Watch the space, I will start sharing the unboxing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gimbal arrived after a lot of confusing e-mails from Best Buy. Oh well, it is here and earlier than expected. Installed it and at first the Solo didn't want to connect (but the gimbal did?) so I rebooted everything and all players played nice. Good thing, because I'm not sure I could return it for an exchange and this point.

Flew 5 batteries today, all I have. That's about right for my needs. A bit windy, but had fun.

All we can do is wish the best to each one that owns a Solo (like myself) and enjoy it to the max since in little than a month from now it will not be in the Best Buy categories from drones.
And I agree with all of you that have seen them in eBay and think that those vultures will eventually drop their prices..,I know eventually, they will...

All we can do is wish the best to each one that owns a Solo (like myself) and enjoy it to the max since in little than a month from now it will not be in the Best Buy categories from drones.
And I agree with all of you that have seen them in eBay and think that those vultures will eventually drop their prices..,I know eventually, they will...
Well the Phantom vultures have not dropped theirs so don't hold your breath even though DJI just killed all 3's and the basic 4 as of a couple days ago.

BTW nice to see that the Solo uses a standard prop that I have been using on quads for years. Makes stockpiling them a non issue. 10x4.5 is as common as hens teeth. Now to find a 3 blade for it and get more lift...hmmm.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Well, don't get me wrong man..,
I love my solo and I have learn to do wonderful both shots and videos with it. My comment was about been safe and cautious with it especially if we just own one so we can get the best out of it. I do though get upset at people that double their price just because they know they are barely in Best Buy or any other store anymore. (Maybe they've just been "American smart")..? Who knows. Anyways enjoy your Solo as I do as well !

BTW just saw gimbals from Best Buy on their eBay site for $39.99 a few minutes ago if anyone is looking

damn, all the props are sold out.. I had a bunch in my cart and went to put the kids to bed. Fell asleep and they were gone when I woke up. :( I think I only have 8 good ones left for 2 solos. Wonder what quality the open boxes ones will be, I could pick up another pair or two at least to hold me over.

edit: literally you snooze you lose huh?

Pretty crazy eh? One guy has 400 sets of props and is selling them for $18 a pair, + $2 shipping.

that's where they went.. LOL

Well the Phantom vultures have not dropped theirs so don't hold your breath even though DJI just killed all 3's and the basic 4 as of a couple days ago.

BTW nice to see that the Solo uses a standard prop that I have been using on quads for years. Makes stockpiling them a non issue. 10x4.5 is as common as hens teeth. Now to find a 3 blade for it and get more lift...hmmm.

Try the APC 11" MR props, they must be reamed to fit Solo. I have been flying them for a while now and won't go back to 10" props.

Reactions: Jubalr
Cmon guys/ Things like props will always exist. It will fit other props as well. Dont worry about it.
I got myself extra batteries when they were on sale for $35.
Not sure should I get gimbal, once it is out of stick, that will be it, and solo is useless without it.
Ebay has deal, 299 again, for solo + backpack.
I bought mine for $299 with free extra battery and gimbal, no backpack.

I only missed out on the backpack.
If you don't have a spare gimbal get at least one, those are the most delicate piece.
Personally I cant wait or BB to sell out

Reactions: SARDG
I only missed out on the backpack.
If you don't have a spare gimbal get at least one, those are the most delicate piece.
Personally I cant wait or BB to sell out

Yea im glad I got a new extra gimbal from BB last night.

Gimbal is still 39.99 on ebay from BB. On their website it is higher.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela