Worth keeping?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9646
  • Start date
In every forum you have the people that will explain things to newcomers and then you have the people that just bark and throw tude. Everyone forgets that they were new once and asked the same questions without using the search feature. Sharing is caring, thats how we learn ;) Then when the newcomers are fully knowledgeable, the cycle starts again. Except this time its the ex new comers that are answering all of the questions from the new batch of new comers :)

Please don't accuse me of asking to be spoon fed information. I read the phantompilots forums on a daily basis and have been since 2015.
OK. I won't accuse you of doing something, even if it is exactly what you did. Not sure what Phantom Pilots forum has to do with any of this (nothing). You bought it with no research. And you didn't read a single thing in the included manuals, online manuals, or anything on this forum. You just went right to "I bought this, did no research, now I need everyone to feed me information I didn't look up myself". The response is to be expected on the internet.

I decided to fly it today to see if I like it. I had it sitting outside with a clear view of the sky for 20% of my battery. The most GPS satellites I acquired was 5-6 and could not take off. I read that the backpack bundles have the new REV B gps installed? Does it also have the 3DR gps shield installed?

I'm not sure why the GPS in my bird is so lazy?
No, getting a backpack bundle does not equal getting a rev B GPS. I've heard that mentioned once before, but it is not true. Those who ended up with one got it by coincidence, not because of the backpack bundle. None come with the new v2 shield unfortunately. What you're experiencing is saddly common to the Rev A crappy GPS. There is really nothing you can do for free to fix it. It's a crap design. You can buy the new shield from 3DR, and it will work great. Or you can buy the mRO GPS for $80, and it will work really great.

Solo GPS Shield V2 - 3DR
mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade

Reactions: SARDG
I bought 4 bundles from best buy. The first 2 I took apart one backpack the other not and the both have the rev B, black board for the GPS. I haven't touched the other 2 1 is a present the other is for parts or resale.So good luck to all!! I took it flying today and had 16 sat's. Ready to fly within 90 secs with 9 when I looked at it.

It's more likely that the people getting the Rev B units are getting them because they're getting units from later in the production runs when they began using the Rev B. I picked up a bundle from Best Buy two weeks ago, and it has the B. But my bundle from a years ago had the crappy A.

My daily flier Solo still has the A with the new shield. It made all the difference in the world.

Wow is everyone this friendly on this forum?

I feel sorry for you man.., yep, this forum here has quite some a-holes like in every other forum. I seen that here first hand...
I learn not to ask questions in Herero any other forum, I google things, and most of the time get answers from real professionals, not from somebody like me... or in this case some of this guys..!
They might say a bunch of crap about the questions asked in here by other people, "that they make no sense,or that a lot of people ask the same thing, etc. but then they are the ones answering stupid disrespectful things, like if the one who asked is a little kid or like you don't have the right to ask that kind of stuff... if you look closely in this forum, you will notice the same people acting smart ass macho in a lot of questions from new people here, I'm not exaggerating bro.
Anyways, this platform is great, not the best one in the market but a bang for the buck for sure. Fly it and enjoy it!
And if you do decide to sell it, don't take less than $500.00 for everything ( I wouldn't).
Have a good one man.

I bought 4 bundles from best buy. The first 2 I took apart one backpack the other not and the both have the rev B, black board for the GPS. I haven't touched the other 2 1 is a present the other is for parts or resale.So good luck to all!! I took it flying today and had 16 sat's. Ready to fly within 90 secs with 9 when I looked at it.

a newbie here and still waiting for my Solo - bought 2 -1 bundle and 1 just the copter set. where can i check if it's rev A or B for GPS ? thanks.

Welcome to the forum. I would just invest in the 3DR v2 shield, and then not worry about it. Like P2P said, it makes a world of difference. If you want the best, then look into the mRobotics Solo gps upgrade. More $, but that is the best investment a lot of us have made. Good luck, and fly safe.

I just got mine for that price and are yet to open the box, I am NEW at the drone scene, so not much to compare it with... for the price versus others from this non experienced Drone pilot.... I am keeping it... :)

Wow is everyone this friendly on this forum?

Nah there's quite a few really cool guys here. My advice is to just block anyone that's nasty to you. There's about 6 guys that I have on block. For what it's worth, I've had several problem with the Solo and Best Buy took very good care of me. Also, with my latest situation, 3DR sent me aa return label in a few days and are sending me a replacement. BTW in case you didn't know, you can buy drone insurance for $60 a year.

Reactions: Deleted member 9646
1) Keep it
2) print the manual, read it, keep it in the backpack sleeve
3) search the Forum, READ, READ, READ, then ask any Q's you want (note: grow thick skin, it's all good eventually)
4) fly in sight, and safe (did I say safe?). Especially as you learn
5) learn to fly in manual (change that A button)
6) get the GPS shield. Or new GPS (which you will probably do eventually anyway. You will sleep better at night)
7) contribute to the forum for the next new guy, leave the heavy Q's to the smart guys (and there are a bunch on here)
8) have fun

Reactions: andrew.baker.142
All I can say is I haven't meet a quad I didn't like, I have 2 solos and many spare parts(Im a Solo hoarder). Its the best drone out there for $299, the reason I can say this is I have a Typhoon G and a Typhoon H a long with s P3 and several sub $200 quads. The Solo and the Solex app make a great setup. I would keep it but that's my own opinion.

I have an A and a B. I actually bought my A after crashing my b. The B has a cracked top shell, super glue and a wrap fixed that. My A is my modded bird, MRO m8n and wifi upgrade. That one will remain a dedicated camera platform. The other, I'm thinking of taking the gimbal off and making it a acro drone. High-speed fixed camera solo.

All I can say is I haven't meet a quad I didn't like, I have 2 solos and many spare parts(Im a Solo hoarder). Its the best drone out there for $299, the reason I can say this is I have a Typhoon G and a Typhoon H a long with s P3 and several sub $200 quads. The Solo and the Solex app make a great setup. I would keep it but that's my own opinion.

So how is the Typhoon H? I can't make up my mind between it, the Autel and the Mavic

So how is the Typhoon H? I can't make up my mind between it, the Autel and the Mavic

I love the Typhoon H, it fly's great and I live in FL so we get a lot of wind and the H can fly in almost anything, has the easiest follow and watch me out there.. Some people knock its camera but for me its great. It has its downsides, one being no intelligent battery, you have to put it in and boot up to see battery level. I haven't flown the Mavic but im sure its a nice bird.

I love the Typhoon H, it fly's great and I live in FL so we get a lot of wind and the H can fly in almost anything, has the easiest follow and watch me out there.. Some people knock its camera but for me its great. It has its downsides, one being no intelligent battery, you have to put it in and boot up to see battery level. I haven't flown the Mavic but im sure its a nice bird.

No intelligent battery? That stinks I use that all that time. Hmm...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela