Wifi problems RTH

Reaction score
I purchased my solo about a month ago. I have been having a lot of Return to Home. I haven't been able to go 350' up or away from my controller with out one. I upgraded to the ALFA paddle antennas with out improvement.

I am flying in Chicago, however I usually fly from the park out over the the lake so I am a good half mile from anyones wifi signal, power lines, etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated,
Thanks.

Also.....Antennas are positioned correctly and I am retaining a line of sight.

I purchased my solo about a month ago. I have been having a lot of Return to Home. I haven't been able to go 350' up or away from my controller with out one. I upgraded to the ALFA paddle antennas with out improvement.

I am flying in Chicago, however I usually fly from the park out over the the lake so I am a good half mile from anyones wifi signal, power lines, etc.

Any ideas would be appreciated,
Thanks.

I live in the NorthWest suburbs and have flown at the lakefront before. I experienced the same problem. There were times I had RTL kick in due to lost connection with controller at 175' AGL. I could get greater heights and distances in my local parks surrounded by homes. I suspect that there is a lot more WiFi interference than you think.

You should have noticed some improvement with the Alfa antennas. Make sure that the "Alfa" printing on the antennas is facing your Solo. Also, remember that the Alfa's are directional antennas and require that they be pointed towards the Solo at all times. There is a small amount of signal above and around the controller, but not much.

If you haven't done so already, take a look at @Peddles2Paddles thread about this same subject: https://3drpilots.com/threads/basic-guide-to-solo-antennas-stock-alfa-fpvlr.8078/

I have since upgrade the WiFi cards in both my controller and Solo, and no longer have any connection problems. I switch between stock, Alfa, and FPVLR antennas depending on my mission.

Unless there are problems with your existing WiFi cards or connections, your best option is to upgrade the WiFi cards. .

Reactions: RDA
Yes! I have exactly the same set up along with the mros gps! Frequently go 2k ' With still strong signal. I also have an Autel XPS but I fly Solo 95% of the time. Next Green Cube!

If all your flying is in the same location, it's really hard to rule out wifi interference as a cause. If you can somewhere else rural and give it a shot, that will be helpful. If the problem persists, I would guess there is a problem with an antenna connection or jumper on the controller or Solo.

Reactions: RDA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo