Who here is going to bail??

My experience is no. I have the DJI Ultimate app from Ken and he has been working really hard on getting the P3 stable with his app. I'm not able to connect my P3A to it at all.

So Ken is having success with the Pro? I did not even know he was pursuing it. Thats good to know.

Reactions: AmosMoses
So im a bit confused on return policy... Best buy says 15 days, but 3dr has always touted 30 days... if i go past the 15 at best buy, can i work with 3dr?

rrmccabe will get his Solo pretty soon, then I will. In a couple of weeks we'll have ours Solo's and we will ALL be Happy Happy Happy.....:D

Reactions: AmosMoses
ive only had my solo a couple days, so i guess im not seeing the issues everyone else is.
from my point of view its working great.
upgrade went great (ios) and it flys great. just need the gimbal.
I to am experiencing no problems. Update and flights have had no problems. Really enjoying the copter.

Reactions: joshygee and Raybro
So im a bit confused on return policy... Best buy says 15 days, but 3dr has always touted 30 days... if i go past the 15 at best buy, can i work with 3dr?

I think you have 30 days through 3DR direct. And they told me its also 30 days past when I get my gimbal and not the receipt of Solo.

So I should be good to December. LOL

Reactions: Raybro
I am out today if it doesn't ship today.

Not because I am afraid of the "beta tester blues" but because I am tired of being told different stories by 3DR and them not following through.
Come feel the distance of the darkside. Screenshot near Ames on Sunday. All stock.
image-jpg.21954

Last edited:
3DR is on phone now. More misinformation. I called them yesterday to say since you took my preorder my expiration date has changed on CC. They said don't worry its fine as we have already put hold on your account.

So they just called me and said hey we cant charge your CC as its expired. Doh !

So I give them update info and they say thank you your solo will ship by the 25th...... WTF ? I said wait cancel the order as I was told it would ship today. Oh sorry, yes it ship today.

Before he hangs up he says thanks for your order it will ship by the twenty... I mean today.

My trust goes down hill daily with these guys. And by the way they are all shipping from China one at a time.

So once again DodgeP it really doesn't have anything to do with the waiting although where I live half my flying season is gone. Its about customer service. I would rather have had a P3 but the customer service sucks. So I decided to buy a Solo where apparently the customer service.....

Not to mention they are charging me the $399 for the gimbal even though its not ready.
if u want a DJI phantom3 pro i know where one is and if u wanted to pay the overnight shipping u could have it tomorrow.

So Ken is having success with the Pro? I did not even know he was pursuing it. Thats good to know.
Honestly, I have about 10 emails from the google group that I haven't looked at yet. Last I looked it was still in beta but he was having good results with the P3 and the I1. I'll have to reinstall the beta when my P2V+V3 shows up today. Which on a side note, DJI repaired FREE of charge after I had a complete power loss and destroyed the camera and gimbal. It only took them 41/2 weeks too!
I'll see what happens with the app and report back probably tomorrow.

Come feel the distance of the darkside. Screenshot near Ames on Sunday. All stock.
image-jpg.21954
Not relevant to the discussion at all......Do you own or have you ordered a SOLO? Your first post and it's a troll...

Last edited:
I'm riding it out... though it is very disappointing and I'm losing faith by the minute.

It was SO exciting on the NAB floor and the promise seemed "too good to be true"!! Excitedly, I ordered mine from B&H on the Monday of NAB (the first day it was announced) Today, to see people walking into Best Buy and getting them is hard to understand after I ordered within hours of the first one ever being seen (over 2 months ago).

At this point, without the gimbal, it's just a toy waiting to crash. Any drone serves NO use to me without stable video so I have no choice but to wait. I'm still cautiously optimistic since they have the relationship with GoPro and that feature is only available with SOLO at this point.

I'm hoping it lives up to the hype... I'm cautiously optimistic... I'm starting to consider a backup plan since I've got several clients on hold for aerial shots... Feels shaky... I'd grade them a D+ at this point...

I'm unimpressed by the roll out. They shouldn't have had a pre order option, period. When it comes out, it's out.

I am impressed with the Solo and am glad I didn't bite the bullet and go for the P3.

Hey Guys

1st post here but long time reader/follower. I already own (and love) a 3DR Iris+. I am one of those that preordered the SOLO just after it was announced and 3DR started taking orders. A little background on this...the day I ordered the Solo on 3DR's website they were having website problems. Yes, I kept pressing "Checkout" like a crazy person when the page appeared to not want to load. I called in and they told me they were having problems with their website. "try again later", is what I was told. Got a call from my bank about 10 minutes later saying I put through 3 full orders and they wanted to know if this was a mistake. I declined 2 of the orders, then with my bank on the other line we called 3DR. Spoke to a 3DR rep that was understanding, admitting they had a website issue and he looked up my order...saw the 3 orders...cancelled the 2 then confirmed with me the 1 order I originally wanted(Bank confirmed). I got a confirmation number and all was good. Fast forward to May 31st. With all the talk of Solo's shipping I decided to call into 3DR to see if I was one of the lucky ones(no I hadn't received any email from 3DR at this point). Rep on the phone said "looks like your order was cancelled because of fraud". Yep, using the confirmation number the last rep gave me and assured me all was good on my order now since the bank confirmed the transaction was now cancelled. I had him look up the other 2 transactions and he showed those also as cancelled. I explained to the Rep the situation and what had happened. His response was "no problem, we can redo the order and you won't lose your place in the preorder." Huh? If my order was cancelled how can I keep my place in the preorder. Whatever, I didn't argue and went ahead with the order. Got a new confirmation number and all looked good. Rep on the phone said should ship out with the next batch in a couple days. Cool I thought....until a couple days rolled by. June 6th I receive an email from 3DR. My order will ship June 26th. Wow.

During all of this I picked a P3P. As much as I dislike DJI, as much as I hate the look of the DJI, as much as I hate how everything feels cheap on the DJI.......this thing is solid. I mean 1 month of playing with the P3P I do not have one complaint. I honestly hate looking at the thing but it is one hell of a quad. It is so good that I was about to cancel my order with 3DR yesterday and just buy another P3P as a back up. But for whatever reason I looked up my local Best Buy to see if they had anything 3DR there. And sure enough...they had just 1. So about an hour ago I picked it up. Once I get home I will charge it up and see if it is as advertised minus the gimbal. But I will tell you this. The bar has been set high by my impressions the P3P has given me over this past month.

To be honest, outside of cable cam, my Iris+ does pretty much all that the Solo is advertised to do. I am sure it is a much more refined machine. But after a week of all those features on my Iris+ I never used them again.

I know some of this was slightly off topic, but in the end I still bought the Solo. I am now in the process of cancelling my preorder for just the Solo. On my original order I had 3 extra batteries, Gimbal and props. I am hoping they will honor the free battery offer since I am still keeping the order for the gimbal. I personally think it would be the only right thing to do. I went into my Solo preorder very much pro 3DR and no DJI. I crashed my 1st Iris+ due to a hardware malfunction that 3DR stood behind and sent me a new Iris+ in a matter of days. For this reason I will have an open mind towards the Solo and 3DR. But I honestly feel as if 3DR may slightly be in over their heads. This is based on my experience with this preorder. No one seems certain about anything, and that's just frustrating even to the most patient person. As much as I now love my P3P, I fear the day I may need some help with it from DJI.

Reactions: Rothgarr and Raybro
Not relevant to the discussion at all......Do you own or have you ordered a SOLO? Your first post and it's a troll...
Was actually my second post signed up on day one so I could see if I was missing out and have followed since then. My post was relevant to what I quoted and this thread. I have no reason to troll this site. Carry on.

Hey thanks for your post. Great info from all angles. Nothing off topic about it.

Was actually my second post signed up on day one so I could see if I was missing out and have followed since then. My post was relevant to what I quoted and this thread. I have no reason to troll this site. Carry on.
Hey thanks for your post. Great info from all angles. Nothing off topic about it.
Okay....The topic is if members here are keeping their SOLO's or not but I guess I missed the point. Now I'll carry on.;)

LOL. I was actually replying to someone else (aerial eyecon). But if anyone is bailing its probably for a P3 :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44