Who here is going to bail??

LOL. I was actually replying to someone else. But if anyone is bailing its probably for a P3 :)
I still say get both!! I just got my P2 back and it's perfect. Very happy with the support I received from the other guys! Now to sell it or keep it as ANOTHER backup?!?! Might try to trade it for a GoPro?

Don't look now but some Frys stores are showing in-stock for the Solo. In-store pickup. Limit 1.

I still say get both!! I just got my P2 back and it's perfect. Very happy with the support I received from the other guys! Now to sell it or keep it as ANOTHER backup?!?! Might try to trade it for a GoPro?

Yea I might...

But dont want to get rid of V+ either. Great mission machine. But I am too brave with it. LOL

It's very unfortunate that you're getting mixed stories from 3DR. I was charged by Dronefly at the time I placed my order, I would assume that 3DR trying to charge your card today was an indication that they were prepping to ship today and noticed that the payment didn't clear but hey; I don't know.

For me, I've been on the road for the last month so I have had no time to fly anyway and when I have had time it's been too hot out. I will happily fly deep into the month of October or longer, depending on the weather.

If you've decided to grab a P3, I'm sure you'll enjoy it or if you continue to fly your P2 until your Solo arrives, I'm sure you'll enjoy it as well.

Reactions: rrmccabe
Well I just looked up at the wall in my office and its daylight in China. So lets hope they are packing it up !20150616_165542.jpg

Well I just looked up at the wall in my office and its daylight in China. So lets hope they are packing it up !View attachment 55
I'm With you.. I ordered May7th and I called 3DR for the first time today. He put me on hold for a minute and told me that mine was schedule to ship the 18th, Thursday. If not, I will probably start checking retailers. But I am not giving up on 3DR. I have experience with their Pixhawk and APM controllers and know that it will be a great flyer. Already DL'd the Tower app for mission planning.

I'm With you.. I ordered May7th and I called 3DR for the first time today. He put me on hold for a minute and told me that mine was schedule to ship the 18th, Thursday. If not, I will probably start checking retailers. But I am not giving up on 3DR. I have experience with their Pixhawk and APM controllers and know that it will be a great flyer. Already DL'd the Tower app for mission planning.

Well not to be negative about it but they seem to tell you whatever they want. There is no information coming from the top that is consistent. You will notice that with about everyone on the forum. Every time I talk to them its another story.

Thats my issue. Lets hope they just bit off more than they could chew and are catching up.

I like my Phantom 2. It flys well and I get a lot of enjoyment out of it. DJI makes a good product but that is it. They put out a product then it's on to the next.
I am putting high hopes into 3DR and the Solo. I could have gotten a P3 for cheaper but I gotta give the Solo a try. They have been in the RC business for a while and I hope the Solo really puts them on the map. I was willing to pay extra for a product knowing (hoping) it's is reliable and well supported.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
LOL Jacob will come here with guns a blazing to find out what the problem is.

The clocking looking thing is a GeoChron grey line map. I have always liked them and friend got one from a manufacturer for x amount of sales or something. It was in their front office until the bulbs burned out. I was getting on him about bulbs and he said take it... I don't even like it. Done !

I'm getting the feeling 3DR really dropped the freaking ball. RC Planet and 3DR Solo on FB are going crazy with issues and crashes. First the delays, then the delay on the gimbal.......those I could accept if everything went will but we all know its not. I wonder what the return rate to BB is going to be in the next month?

LOL Jacob will come here with guns a blazing to find out what the problem is.

The clocking looking thing is a GeoChron grey line map. I have always liked them and friend got one from a manufacturer for x amount of sales or something. It was in their front office until the bulbs burned out. I was getting on him about bulbs and he said take it... I don't even like it. Done !
Do you know if they shipped your Solo out???

Do you know if they shipped your Solo out???

About 20 minutes ago I replied to Vu Trans last email and asked for a tracking number for the order they said would go out yesterday. Its 9PM in China now. I told him if they did not ship and cannot provide tracking then cancel my order.

I will be buying another Phantom today as I am not impressed with 3DRs lack of follow through and continual lies. Not to mention only 25% at best are not having issues with it.

For all those Solo Fanboys on Facebook that jumped on me when I said that the Solo was rushed to market because of the Phantom 3.... Hey boys, what are thinking now !

Don't blame ya. I think DJI and 3DR both rushed to get their product out.

About 20 minutes ago I replied to Vu Trans last email and asked for a tracking number for the order they said would go out yesterday. Its 9PM in China now. I told him if they did not ship and cannot provide tracking then cancel my order.

I will be buying another Phantom today as I am not impressed with 3DRs lack of follow through and continual lies. Not to mention only 25% at best are not having issues with it.

For all those Solo Fanboys on Facebook that jumped on me when I said that the Solo was rushed to market because of the Phantom 3.... Hey boys, what are thinking now !

I'd like to follow your reporting on the Phantom 3. You really seem like an honest and stand up guy. I'm out of the Solo loop for now but I need to get another unit and it looks like I'm headed to the Phantom 3 Pro.....against my better judgement lol

Don't blame ya. I think DJI and 3DR both rushed to get their product out.

Well the difference is DJI shipped their product (complete) and for the most part 90% of the buyers have had no issue.

That said, it's not the issues that bother me. I just don't like being lied to. Let alone over and over.

I'd like to follow your reporting on the Phantom 3. You really seem like an honest and stand up guy. I'm out of the Solo loop for now but I need to get another unit and it looks like I'm headed to the Phantom 3 Pro.....against my better judgement lol

Well thanks. Not being a cinematographer the Phantom would fill my needs fine. As I have said many times my only hangup with DJI is I think Wang is an arrogant ass who treats his people poorly. Really don't like supporting a company like that.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
Well thanks. Not being a cinematographer the Phantom would fill my needs fine. As I have said many times my only hangup with DJI is I think Wang is an arrogant ass who treats his people poorly. Really don't like supporting a company like that.

I agree with you there 100%

I'm still going to look at Yuneec Q500 4K

have u cx your order yet?

I said the exact same thing about the Phantom 3 when it first came out, and DJI promised "3 to 5 day delivery" After a month I still didn't have the P3, and I was given FIVE different ship dates by DJI, each one later than the next. I finally cancelled the order(s) and it took another month to get "most" of my money back from DJI, with them arguing it was "to late" to cancel because i ordered it over a month ago... And then later that it was already shipped (which it wasn't) and later that it was delivered (which it wasn't). Yes... That all happened.... In fact 2 months later I am STILL waiting for one final refund for a return (extra props) that was cancelled (and never delivered).

It was in fact customer service that made the decision for me to go with 3DR. DJI simply has the most inept, uncarring, noncommunicative, and all around horrid service I have ever experienced. I have founmd that it is also systemic and seemingly cultural, in that it is throughout the company.

Example: Try to find someone at DJI you can actually talk to on the phone about an existing sales order.... You can't.... Round and Round you will go, but in the end it is an email address that gets responses 5 days later, many of which are unintelligable, and require another 5 day wait for clarification. There were times when I truely believed DJI was going to keep my money and not deliver anything.

The month long wait time however gave me a chance to look into other people's experience dealing with DJI. I found I was not at all alone, and in fact DJI is legendary for terrible service. Many people having the same experience, and worse... and MANY people waiting several months to get their birds back after a crash, paying for shipping to China, fighting over whether it was even received, etc. etc. A definite adversarial pattern that I witnessed the beginning of. I decided a video quad was much to complicated of a piece of equipment to have really bad service and an adversarial repationship with the manufacturer.

Each of us makes their own decision, but if you hold DJI to the same standards you hold 3DR, my guess is that 3DR will come out the clear winner, and you will end up very unhappy with DJI.. At least that was the case with me.

In any case, good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44