Who here is going to bail??

Reaction score
I see a lot of us early adopters are experiencing the dreaded beta tester blues! Some say they’re going to return their SOLO and others are undecided. I’m going to personally ride the storm out.

How about you?

ive only had my solo a couple days, so i guess im not seeing the issues everyone else is.
from my point of view its working great.
upgrade went great (ios) and it flys great. just need the gimbal.

Problems will happen. The key is support and updates. I have higher hopes for 3DR than I did for DJI (sent back a P3 before it arrived) based on lies and zero support. 3DR has not lied to me ever. Time will tell how 3DR responds to issues with this product. So far, their response has been much better than DJI and the "platform" has possibilities... We will see...

I get the frustration on shipping etc... this is a Launch. no one can forsee exactly the demand etc.
If you dont like the product, or support etc, then bail, but not shipping on time? they are doing the best they can.
$150 free battery for the gimbal issues, thats amazing.

Reactions: AmosMoses
I am out today if it doesn't ship today.

Not because I am afraid of the "beta tester blues" but because I am tired of being told different stories by 3DR and them not following through.
I've been watching your issue and completely understand! It's become solely a matter of the principle for you in your case. I REALLY hope you get some positive news soon and stick around! You have helped me out plenty on the Phantom forums (although you probably don't know it) and you'd be a valuable member here. Fingers crossed for ya!!

Reactions: Mac
Thanks Amos. Hope it works out too.

I ordered solo because of company reputation for customer service. So far they have not shown me that.

Guess we will find out in the next six hours. Might be a new P3 owner towards end of day. Or have it on order anyway.

I find it amazing that people who already have other quads would wait, wait, wait and then decide to bail. What are you gaining by leaving? What are you losing by waiting? Currently nothing is different at this point in time on your quad flying agenda. I'm almost happy that I still haven't received my solo yet because reading the stories of what's going on with the folks who already have theirs will give me insight on what to expect once mine does arrive.

I emailed DroneFly once, they called me back with answers to the info I requested and that's enough for me. Honestly, I'd prefer the entire package (Drone + Gimbal) arrive rather than get it in pieces anyway. Am I anxious, of course. I'm I inpatient, not in the least. We'll take to the field and fly what we have until Solo arrives.

My opinion is this: The first folks who got their Solo before the retailers, probably got them by mistake or because they got them free to generate a little buzz because most likely there were/are contractual stipulations in place that state that the big box stores get theirs first and BB being the biggest box store among those listed by 3DR.

Oh well.. we'll see what happens. I was on the fence between the Solo and the P3. I knew I could have had the P3 in a matter of days. I knew the release of the Solo was going to be big and I knew that dates would most likely get pushed a couple of times. I expected these things to happen but I ordered anyway and I ordered late in the process, like mid to late may. If the P3 had any of the features (Follow Me, Cable Cam, Orbit) that Solo has and could execute them with the ease that Solo does I would have ordered a P3 without hesitation.

Last edited by a moderator:
dodgep. im with you for the same reasons.
however i own a p3p right now and its a great quad. the ONLY reason i bought it was flight distance. Not knowing how far we could push the solo, or if there would be mods for it, left me wondering.
of course curiosity killed the cat and i picked one up at BB this weekend. The dials on the radio, and the cablecam, orbit etc will be awesome to use, for sure. The battery being open on the top is awesome, which allows room for bigger batteries in the future.
replacement motors, to upgrade to more powerful motors, when you have to swap said batteries.
I WANT badly for the solo to succeed.. I am working on my first test flight video to post. jury is still out.

. If the P3 had any of the features (Follow Me, Cable Cam, Orbit) that Solo has and could execute them with the ease that Solo does I would have ordered a P3 without hesitation.

It probably will before the Solo gimbal is released. The video I watched looked amazing.

Reactions: DodgeP
i have the solo and flew one pack with it.
no problems.
i will sdtick with it until somthing better comes along.
i flew it in the granney mode to get used to it.
no problems on first pack.

Reactions: AmosMoses
3DR is on phone now. More misinformation. I called them yesterday to say since you took my preorder my expiration date has changed on CC. They said don't worry its fine as we have already put hold on your account.

So they just called me and said hey we cant charge your CC as its expired. Doh !

So I give them update info and they say thank you your solo will ship by the 25th...... WTF ? I said wait cancel the order as I was told it would ship today. Oh sorry, yes it ship today.

Before he hangs up he says thanks for your order it will ship by the twenty... I mean today.

My trust goes down hill daily with these guys. And by the way they are all shipping from China one at a time.

So once again DodgeP it really doesn't have anything to do with the waiting although where I live half my flying season is gone. Its about customer service. I would rather have had a P3 but the customer service sucks. So I decided to buy a Solo where apparently the customer service.....

Not to mention they are charging me the $399 for the gimbal even though its not ready.

It probably will before the Solo gimbal is released. The video I watched looked amazing.
I really wish DJI would bring these features to the P3 but I just don't see it happening. They have basically already said that it's left up to the third party developers. Then they kinda screwed those of us who went with the Advanced and said it wouldn't support sdk. I clearly remember prerelease videos where they claimed both the P&A would.....IDK. I can only sit back and ride the ride like everyone else.

Reactions: Yourviewfromabove
I thought the part about SDK turned out to be a wives tail and it worked on both Advanced and Pro.

No?

I think I'm going to ride it out. Having had an issue with my Iris+ and knowing how fast it was taken care of and replaced by 3DR, I have faith that they will resolve these bugs. I have 30 days to see if they'll step up to the plate though...

I thought the part about SDK turned out to be a wives tail and it worked on both Advanced and Pro.

No?
My experience is no. I have the DJI Ultimate app from Ken and he has been working really hard on getting the P3 stable with his app. I'm not able to connect my P3A to it at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela