Which GPS upgrade?

I've ordered the here gps and have a question. I need to know how to change the parameters. I've heard about downloading an app on the computer, but how do I get it on the solo?
The GPS that I installed, the mRo GPS; no software changes are required that I know of. However a re-calibration should be done before takeoff.

All of the videos I've seen about installing the here GPS system say a parameter change is required they have to change it from 38 to 0 however I don't know how to link my solo to a computer

Mine worked great with the stock GPS. Then I installed the 3DR GPS shield and it got even better. Then I installed the Mrobotics upgraded GPS and it's fantastic now.
It went from 8-9 GPS before takeoff with original config. Then after the shield swap it went to 12-14 sats. Now with the new GPS installed it went to as high as 24 sats and it holds position rock solid. It lands within around 6 inches of takeoff in RTH mode.
It all depends on what you are going to do with it and how much you want to spend.
If you are new at this, I'd leave it alone until you get some time with it.

Don.
Thanx for the info.

..I've got a question for ya. I know there's the solex app but is there another way to be able to control the lights with your remote without having solex? I've tried twice to purchase the solex app and both times I had a pirate image pop up saying something like I hope your enjoying the free app or something smart ass like that. Keep in mind i said I purchased the app twice. The first time this happened I contacted the guy and told him what's going on and he said sometimes it does that. Cnt remember exact words. I never got a refund. Fast forward a couple of months and I decided to try it once more m, even after getting ripped off. The same thing happened. With the pirate saying the smart ass phrase. Guess what??? Again I was ripped off. So I gave up. Which brings me here now asking if there's any way to control lights from remote? Thanx so much for your time/help in advance.

-Ken

that doesn't sound right. the solex developer is a member of this forum, why not ask him directly?

Reactions: DJMc
Mine worked great with the stock GPS. Then I installed the 3DR GPS shield and it got even better. Then I installed the Mrobotics upgraded GPS and it's fantastic now.
It went from 8-9 GPS before takeoff with original config. Then after the shield swap it went to 12-14 sats. Now with the new GPS installed it went to as high as 24 sats and it holds position rock solid. It lands within around 6 inches of takeoff in RTH mode.
It all depends on what you are going to do with it and how much you want to spend.
If you are new at this, I'd leave it alone until you get some time with it.

Don.
Hi I know this post is a little old....Was wondering if the MRO GPS Chip from M Robotics still works ok? Its the first one they released, not the current one. Reason being I have 2 of the first ones they released but not installed yet. Also where can I find the V2 shield? Thanks

Hi I know this post is a little old....Was wondering if the MRO GPS Chip from M Robotics still works ok? Its the first one they released, not the current one. Reason being I have 2 of the first ones they released but not installed yet. Also where can I find the V2 shield? Thanks
Yes, they still work great.
I'm not sure about the V2 shield. I created one myself instead. If you don't have a 3D printer, maybe ask a buddy to print.

Reactions: Larry16
Yes, they still work great.
I'm not sure about the V2 shield. I created one myself instead. If you don't have a 3D printer, maybe ask a buddy to print.

Wish I had a 3D printer.....Is this the plans to make one or a seller?

The v2 shield is available on eBay

Adding my thanks for this and the info in this whole thread. Just purchased several off eBay for the "new to us" Solos. :)
Some have Rev B and some have Rev A GPS so will be interesting to see the difference. Might try the Here GPS since I have a few and/or spring for the mRo Neo M8n upgrade to see any differences in actual flight with those as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela