What does the new Solo firmware fix?

Yea I pretty steadily get 13 at least 12 I just had thought it armed after more sats were locked now before I just needed 6 then waited a bit for more but could start motors then now it's 7. I wait anyway I just had 7 while updating inside and no solo ready option so I figured it was more but once I took it back out armed at 7.

Suprised some say gps signal was weak I could get armed and start motors inside my 2 story house if I wanted it always has 6 or more no matter where it is or what's above it after a minute.

this is what i found when i opend the preflight update required in the solo app.
automaticly switches to fly mode when GPS quality drops beneath acceptable thershold.
improved checks to ensure GPS quality before take off.
reduced time to acquire GPS lock in some environments.
new feature lift the throttle to exit land mode.
I like that last feature:

Lift throttle to exit LAND mode

One other fix in the GPS bug, according to Troy on Atx RC Prods. is the HDOP has to be less than 2.0 before you can fly. According to him you can have 10 Sats but if the HDOP is still 2.0 or higher you cannot fly (at least normal fly) It has to do with how much spread you have between the satellites. The bigger the spread, the better the triangulation, and the better the accuracy will be. The bigger the sat spread, the lower the HDOP will be. That may explain to some why it is taking longer getting a GPS fix.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo