What do the lights mean?

Reaction score
I crashed last week and I'm putting things back together to decide if I need to send it back for shop repair. When I power up Solo, it goes through a series of light changes. I seems to settle on all blue? with purple? moving from one pod to the next.
Is there a page that describes what the various light combinations mean?

What about RED at the back and BLUE at the front?

No, Solid WHITE in front, solid red in back is normal. blue in front is a undocumented failure code, I suspect that it is no wifi connection between controller and Solo. I have a Solo with that problem after 3 perfect flights, now I am waiting for a complete replacement of the main board in the Solo. Now the controller constantly displays "waiting on solo" and after many factory resets, I'm still ending up with blue in front and no link to the Solo.

No, Solid WHITE in front, solid red in back is normal. blue in front is a undocumented failure code, I suspect that it is no wifi connection between controller and Solo. I have a Solo with that problem after 3 perfect flights, now I am waiting for a complete replacement of the main board in the Solo. Now the controller constantly displays "waiting on solo" and after many factory resets, I'm still ending up with blue in front and no link to the Solo.
The leds on all my solos are blue-ish in front red in rear this is normal even though the manual states white in front they are not quite white but blue-ish...perhaps from the diffuser cover i didnt know that he was having an issue, a red or green led would indicate a problem never heard of a Blue led error

Last edited:
The 3DR link that Rich West posted says that flashing alternating front and rear would indicate a controller connection loss, so it doesn't sound like that is what Ned is seeing in the LEDs.

I have to agree that the white light does have quite a bit of blue tint so that could be what you're seeing Ned - depends how blue is your blue I guess?

The pattern is odd through, closest thing is the 'updating' pattwrn but that's clearly not it.

Last edited:
Have HERE & Green installed, also OPEN SOLO..tried to so a factory reboot and all lights green..? What dose that mean

Reactions: XevetS
no connection. I installed HERE , Green Cube and open solo . However it did not seen to work, so I did a factory reset and all lights solid green

Yes pushed pair on Solo. Tx waiting for Solo
Morning, so I took out my "green cube" because I could not get to work (got all green lights). I put back in my stock cube and was able to get it going. Problem #1 I could not download the "HERE" file, said not for this vehical, #2 after calibration of compus / imu still getting error "move solo too much metal". #3 Tx says ready to fly, I push the button and Solo just beeps...Any idea's?. Maybe because "HERE" was not able to load?
Thanks

Morning, so I took out my "green cube" because I could not get to work (got all green lights). I put back in my stock cube and was able to get it going. Problem #1 I could not download the "HERE" file, said not for this vehical, #2 after calibration of compus / imu still getting error "move solo too much metal". #3 Tx says ready to fly, I push the button and Solo just beeps...Any idea's?. Maybe because "HERE" was not able to load?
Thanks
It's not really a file to download its a parameter that needs to be changed if you have mission planner or tower you can do this manually Look for the parameter Compass_Orient it will be at 38 change it to a 0 and save the parameters. Note this only works with the older style HERE GPS modules not the new chip type..

Here is a video from Jesters drones explaining how to do this.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks XevetS, will try.. How can we tell which version of HERE we have? Also, that's one reason I pulled the Green Cube out because I had all green lights and could not do anything with it.... I have a backup still in the box I may put the Green cube in there....
Thanks

Reactions: XevetS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig