Bricked 3dr Solo - please help me!

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a used 3dr Solo (stock firmware and hardware). It worked fine but I had to factory reset it due to missing WiFi password. It seems that the procedure bricked the Solo.

1. MAIN PROBLEM: It is not possible to pair the solo and controller
2. I can reached the controller with the app
3. I have taken out both the sim card from the controller and the Solo and flashed to stock firmware. I have also tried with several alternative sd cards.
4. When turning on the Solo it gives one "positive" sound, lights turn green and then blue in the front and red i the back. The Ardu give a solid green light and also flashes orange. The motherboard lights gives a solid green light and flashes orange in a slow pace.
5. The Solo reacts when I try to make a factory reset with another sound but besides that it goes in the same mode as nr.4.
6. Nothing happens when I press the pair button.

Here is a small video showing what happens when I turn on the Solo: 3dr Solo bricked.mp4 (only 14MB)

I have tried a lot of tips and trix found on youtube and in the forums but totally lost.

Before I give up and sell the drone as spare parts I wonder if anyone have any other suggestions what to do?

Thank you for taking you time!

Something has happened with the WiFi in the bird. Either an antenna is loose or the wifi card itself is loose or damaged.

Just been through all that! Its resetting the firmware. Leave it on for maybe 15 mins, it should go through a reset with the LEDs changing colour, then play a little tune to show its factory reset. You'll need to pair it by pressing the pair button for 3 seconds, the controller will "find new solo, hold A and B". Do this until controller vibrates, and it'll be setup shortly after. If it doesnt, switch ot off, remove battery, and back on, wait for the process above to complete. I had to fi mine maybe times before it worked.

At the end of your video, the fast flashing orange light shows it's resetting, slow flashing indicates it isn't paired or waiting for a controller, solid orange, trouble, but generally the sd card isn't seated properly.

And 1 other thing. I've never seen it mentioned, so unsure if its necessary, but when doing this, it's only ever been sucessful for me when the solo is inverted. Maybe a coincidence?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela